Closed Christmas Challenges - Crossword Alliances of Grepolis

Hydna

Grepolis Team
logo_christmas.png
This may look like a duplicate but this is a crossword and the other crossword was a wordsearch in disguise!

Here we are looking for alliance names - some current and others lost in the mists of time.

As usual we have 2500 gold for 3 winners and 24 potential points for the accumulator.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 21.46.48.png

ACROSS
2. Undefeated or so they claim. Victors of Carystus
4. Masters of Lato
5. Domination Victors with 43%
7. This alliance exists today with 134m points. They go on forever.
8. Accurately described as longstanding, they have played many worlds, still exist today and not land locked.
11. Alliance dear to a witch's heart. Won Helike.
12. An underworld in 139

DOWN
1. The name suggests they target your sleep
3. Baudin Toolan made a recent rare post praising their skill
6. Go back to Mel. These are apparently a big boom!
9. the opposite of false courage.
10. New world. Mel's chapter one rates them as 3 and a swim

This competition closes on 21 December at 9am. Post the answers below.

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Well Comp closed. This one seems to have defeated most of you. I will post winners and answers later and I will also explain how to find them.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Winner @alwalks (he did point out it took him ages and he had better win) 24 points very well done. 1000 gold

2nd @luka26051999 20 points 750 gold
3rd @Sorin Markov @Neesey5150 16 points 500 gold

Ok the answers. The Hall of Fame would have got you a fair few here.

ACROSS
2. Undefeated or so they claim. Victors of Carystus - Check hall of fame INVICTA
4. Masters of Lato - ZERO FOX GIVEN - Check Hall of fame again but here you wanted 'master of the World (7 WW)' Not the Victor. Devil Dogs were the Victors (4/7 WW) but both master and Victor are listed.

5. Domination Victors with 43% FIASCO UNITED - that one required you to check which worlds were Dom and go through the hall of Fame looking. Dom is relatively recent though so I thought possible.

7. This alliance exists today with 134m points. They go on forever. RENEGADE KNIGHTS - This is Achilles. To have 134m points this has to be one of the worlds with no endgame. Theres only 4 possibles so you had to check stats sites or just log in and look.

8. Accurately described as longstanding, they have played many worlds, still exist today and not land locked. OCEANS VETERANS. This one you did need to work out from the clue but they have played a lot worlds and theres plenty of mentions in the forum.

11. Alliance dear to a witch's heart. Won Helike. LEGIONS OF ELIGOS - My old alliance so the witch bit was tricky if you dont know me but again I gave a world they won so hall of fame would have given you this.

12. An underworld in 139 VALHALLA - apparently its heaven but it doesnt seem to have confused anyone.

DOWN
1. The name suggests they target your sleep BEDTIME SQUAD - this one you did have to just work out but they have played a few worlds.

3. Baudin Toolan made a recent rare post praising their skill NIGHTMARES OF ELYSIUM - theres forum posts recently discussing them and Baudin posted there.

6. Go back to Mel. These are apparently a big boom! This is Andros. You had to refer to @Evil MeIinoe forum posts. EVENT HORIZON
9. the opposite of false courage. The clue was in the name TRUE FEAR
10. New world. Mel's chapter one rates them as 3 and a swim - easy just check the new world forum. ONLY ARES