City averages

DeletedUser

Just prey you don't get bolted if you demolish your senate. Some of you might know what I am talking about here.

DeletedUser

the worst is when u find a library!! it literally brings a tear to my eye
dreading that moment when you look at the academy! :(

DeletedUser1405

I personally change plenty in the cities i conquer. I am sick of finding stuff maxed out that isnt needed.
It does take your points up and down but eventually you get there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i hate the long build times. i can turn more troops out. some cities i will let be, but it is more of a challenge to max out cities and then take more with those cities. just one of many ways i enjoy playing.
also i have been attacked heavily by lower point city players and i really enjoy the extra bp every time they fail to CS a city. So easy to snipe them and then enjoy the fact it takes them a long time to rebuild.

there are +'s and -'s to both. But if i did want to build even more pop i would lower my city totals.
When i first started playing i wanted to max everything. lol.

And maybe maxing out is a strategy to keep experienced players from wanting to CS them because of all the tear down and build up time. Just a thought.

DeletedUser

And maybe maxing out is a strategy to keep experienced players from wanting to CS them because of all the tear down and build up time. Just a thought.

Well that's just silly... Taking a maxed out city is beneficial because you know all you have to do is demolish to make it the city you want... You can spend the resources on troops/navy, meanwhile demolishing the city to your heart's content.

I would much rather take a 13716 city and demolish it to 9-10k than take a 9-10k and have to spend resources on units and buildings...

DeletedUser1405

again its not the points that draws you to a city, it should be the position the city is in and what you can use it for.

DeletedUser6029

At this stage in the game I think that points should be the last thing to draw you to a city. Most of us have spare resources in some form or fashion to fix a city that is strategically placed rather than try and look for a high pointed city.

DeletedUser

again its not the points that draws you to a city, it should be the position the city is in and what you can use it for.

Right, I agree with you. But an ideal situation would be to have that strategically places city near maxed out in points. That way you can get your troops built quick, and only have to demolish it 3000-4000 points rather than demolish/build buildings and build troops....

The only problem with 13716 cities is that the techs researched are terrible.... So you pay for it in the CP.

DeletedUser1405

Cities around 8k seem to be the best to look at, that way you find that most the important stuff hasnt been built or maxed out. This gives you chance to build what you want as well as sorting troops out.

DeletedUser

Most cities that I have taken that are around 8k haven't had the farm, warehouse or resources maxed which can be annoying with having to send extra resources around to fix it and not spend the resources on troops.

DeletedUser

Most cities that I have taken that are around 8k haven't had the farm, warehouse or resources maxed which can be annoying with having to send extra resources around to fix it and not spend the resources on troops.

Thank you, my point exactly! I would much rather demolish while I spend resources on building troops, rather than spend resources on troops, buildings and research...

Obviously, I'll take any city in a strategic spot, my response was to the poster who stated it was a good defensive strategy to max out your city because of the notion that the poster thought it would deter an experienced player from conking it.

I mean this is really all just common sensical stuff....

DeletedUser

hehe looks like I win with the biggest LS nuke :D 309 LS out of a 6k city.

Back before wen i was in tara i was a real turtel (just like almost everyone else there) so maxing citys was a real priority I just spent my Dbp founding and building them till they were maxed.

anyway Now I came out of my shell and i get what you guys mean...anything that keeps on pumping troops 24/7 dosent have any extra rec. to spare for buildings.
(although i do hate the messed up acadamys as that is alweas a set back)

DeletedUser

You don't have the biggest LS nuke. Someone attacked me with 310 LS nuke once.

DeletedUser11927

heheh i think I may have the biggest LS nuke thus far.... 316....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i can second that for him aswell
Lol, am I really needing to be seconded :p jk
heheh i think I may have the biggest LS nuke thus far.... 316....
At that size the rebuild time is most likely slowed down.

I'm now aiming for a 320 LS nuke. I've already planned out a city for a 403 bireme city so the same build should work for my LS nuke. The best thing is my rebuild time isn't slowed down.

DeletedUser

lol ok I am beat :)

you say 403 brims?mins shareing your idea lol

DeletedUser11927

Lol, am I really needing to be seconded :p jkAt that size the rebuild time is most likely slowed down.

I'm now aiming for a 320 LS nuke. I've already planned out a city for a 403 bireme city so the same build should work for my LS nuke. The best thing is my rebuild time isn't slowed down.

heheh yes...it is a little slow so i usually do a COTO and lumber it up.... but only slightly.... i lost the nuke twice already..... good luck and post it up when you build 320 LS....heheh till then I have the biggest *Ahem* heheheh

DeletedUser

Hahaha. I could rebuild my old 305 LS nuke in about 6 and a half days with coto which is around 4 and a half days on Theta.
lol ok I am beat :)

you say 403 brims?mins shareing your idea lol
Have everything low except for Harbour :p