Wish List City build FOCUS

DeletedUser54843

When using (paying for) ADMINISTRATOR, players should be allowed to set the build queue focus and the Admin should be able to pick up on it and go with it.

There would be several Production Focus-es available to choose from for players and the choices they made would influence what the city would be producing while they're away (off the game)

For example:

DEFENSIVE LAND UNIT FOCUS
OFFENSIVE LAND UNIT FOCUS
MYTHICAL UNIT FOCUS
SCIENTIFIC BUILDING FOCUS
POPULATION GROWTH BUILDING FOCUS
MILITARY BUILDING FOCUS
NAVAL POWER BUILDING FOCUS
RELIGIOUS BUILDING FOCUS

And a few more Focus-es. A player would be able to assign up to 3 build queue focuses and leave the game assured that every time there was enough Res and Free Population in the city, only the units and buildings as ordered in their queuee would keep getting built, until there's no more free population.

This approach would make it more feasible to leave the game and be assured that, if there are resources and free population, your administrator would do the (almost) perfect job for you. Of course, if unattended for long (period of time, say 14 days), such city would lose its assigned Focus and produce nothing without specific orders from players.

Any opionons on this, or have you all gone inactive? lol

DeletedUser54192

I'm sure you'll be overjoyed to see me posting on one of your threads. :)

I like the idea as a premise. It would help if you are one of those people who always forgets to keep upgrading certain buildings enough (I am rather guilty of that at times). However I feel that it isn't a great idea overall, and as such isn't going to get into the game. I'll list the reasons.

1. Activity is key in this game. I know it depends on the speed of the server and your location in the server, but you need daily activity at the very least. Things like the daily bonus reward players for keeping up the activity levels that are crucial to the game, especially if you are in an alliance (although any decent alliance requires a lot more activity than logging in once a day). This sort of change would provide the greatest benefit to low-activity players, which is not the sort of thing that we want to encourage.

2. City management is an important theme in the game. Some would say it is the most important, while others would argue that is important simply because it helps you to fight more effectively (I tend to be in the second group). Adding a bonus like this reduces the amount of management actually taking place, and as such decreases the skill involved in this aspect of the game.

3. Overloading the administrator. While it is the only logical advisor that such a bonus would fit onto, I think it is too much. I already see the administrator as the most useful individual advisor due to his overviews and extra build queue slots. To add even more bonuses onto him would be unlikely, and if they did do it for some reason, it could force the price up, which would be an issue for those who see the advisors as a cheap (or free if you trade) way of improving their game experience. It would provide even more annoyance to the more active players, as it would be a premium bonus that would end up costing them more, and they wouldn't get as much benefit out of it as the people who wouldn't buy the administrator in the first place (the low-activity players).

4. Basically all other automatic processes are banned scripts. Auto-farming, for example - I am sure it would save everyone a lot of time, but Inno obviously doesn't approve. Automatic processes primarily benefit lazy or low-activity players, which will annoy the players who invest more time and effort into the game.

I might have missed a point or two that I will remember later. I think my overall feeling is that, while I am sure we have all wanted the building queue to keep itself full at one point or another, such a development would be bad for the game, and especially for the more committed members of the community.