City Foundation Time

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Instead of individually replying to a host of pm's about the duration of city foundations being different than what was announced I figured I'd make a single post in the world forum addressing it. We listed the foundation time as 8 hours in the original forum announcement for Istros but the foundation time ingame is 12 hours. There are 2 possibilities to explain the incorrect foundation time. Either the confirmed settings were incorrectly listed or there was a mistake made when the world was set up. Either way the mistake is ours and I'm sorry for giving everyone the wrong info. The city foundation time is going to have to stay at 12 hours as the world settings can't be changed once the world starts.

DeletedUser54775

Instead of individually replying to a host of pm's about the duration of city foundations being different than what was announced I figured I'd make a single post in the world forum addressing it. We listed the foundation time as 8 hours in the original forum announcement for Istros but the foundation time ingame is 12 hours. There are 2 possibilities to explain the incorrect foundation time. Either the confirmed settings were incorrectly listed or there was a mistake made when the world was set up. Either way the mistake is ours and I'm sorry for giving everyone the wrong info. The city foundation time is going to have to stay at 12 hours as the world settings can't be changed once the world starts.
so.....how are you going to compensate for YOUR mistake?
Gold bonuses for everyone?
It is quite unprofessional for the company to do this.
Guys...seriously...when you are going to give priority to customer service?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
It was a typo in the announced settings and the overall change is that city foundations will take 4 more hours to complete. While we are sorry for the confusion and the mistake this is not a game breaking error.

DeletedUser55657

It was a typo in the announced settings and the overall change is that city foundations will take 4 more hours to complete. While we are sorry for the confusion and the mistake this is not a game breaking error.

is this game breaking error or what?
still taking you people a lot of time to fix it considering its payment to YOU.

p.s. have enough money on my credit card which is linked to paypal, tried to buy with both payment options, tried changing browsers, cleaning cache on browsers nothing works.

PNkFkgZ.jpg

destroxxi

Phrourach
is this game breaking error or what?
still taking you people a lot of time to fix it considering its payment to YOU.

p.s. have enough money on my credit card which is linked to paypal, tried to buy with both payment options, tried changing browsers, cleaning cache on browsers nothing works.

PNkFkgZ.jpg

Had the same issue ended up going to buy a google play/amazon card and paying that way. hope it helps.

DeletedUser54775

The point is that the approach: "Instead of individually replying to a host of pm's about the duration of city foundations being different than what was announced I figured I'd make a single post in the world forum addressing it. We listed the foundation time as 8 hours in the original forum announcement for Istros but the foundation time ingame is 12 hours. "

Simply does not cut it. You guys treat us as customers really badly. You do not take care of our community of gamers. Rather that cultivating the community and nurturing our relationship with your company, you simply do the opposite. The other posters are in topic which is you guys make errors, and then have an approach of whatever. If this would be a non-profit, then we would understand. You are making money, so you should give a polished product. Otherwise, you are hurting our community

DeletedUser55657

Had the same issue ended up going to buy a google play/amazon card and paying that way. hope it helps.

thats the problem i have less than 16 hrs till starting package offer goes away and payment team is nowhere near helping..

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Revolt time is always 12 hours of set up followed by 12 hours of red revolt, I'm not honestly sure if we can change that setting. The reason I did not reply to all the individual pm's was that I was concerned more players than just the ones who sent me a pm were wondering about the foundation time. I thought posting here in the world forum would be a more visible way to address what happened.

DeletedUser54192

Revolt time is always 12 hours of set up followed by 12 hours of red revolt, I'm not honestly sure if we can change that setting. The reason I did not reply to all the individual pm's was that I was concerned more players than just the ones who sent me a pm were wondering about the foundation time. I thought posting here in the world forum would be a more visible way to address what happened.
Unfortunately, the externals are not necessarily used by everyone. Would it be possible to send out an in-game announcement with this explanation and/or a link to this thread? That would probably reach a lot more players than either replying to individual messages or just using an externals thread.

DeletedUser49104

I thought everyone knew this though @Kal Gordon ? kinda worrying lol...

I suppose if an mm was sent to the entire server every time one or two players didn't know/understand basic game mechanics we'd all get annoyed too

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

I thought everyone knew this though @Kal Gordon ? kinda worrying lol...

I suppose if an mm was sent to the entire server every time one or two players didn't know/understand basic game mechanics we'd all get annoyed too
I think I quoted the wrong post.
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

What I was trying to ask for was an in-game announcement to tell people about the difference between the promised and delivered settings for city foundation time (i.e. the fact that it's 12 hours for foundations instead of the 8 hours originally stated).
Thanks for catching that. :)

DeletedUser55783

Interesting world, dropped in 56 and there's isn't one dominant alliance here.
Should be fun :p
PS, 8 hours sounds fun to me:eek: