Passed City Governments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

Im thinking about adding dictatorship. I need help with Aristocracy. I can't figure out a punishment that would fit.

DeletedUser38224

in an extremely limited sense. Communism is workers of the world rising up, taking control, and creating a classless society with no nations.
you need to get to the industrial revolution era of history for 99% of that stuff to make any sense. In fact Marx even noted that the industrial revolution was the time in which a communist revolution could happen and would happen.

Communism is a form of government without Currency or social classes, and common ownership of everything.

The political system its self has nothing to do with a workers uprising, which is one way to achieve a communist goverment.

DeletedUser33530

Communism is a form of government without Currency or social classes, and common ownership of everything.

The political system its self has nothing to do with a workers uprising, which is one way to achieve a communist goverment.

as the workers run the government it actually has everything to do with the political system but I'm not debating this here.

DeletedUser38224

That isn't true at all; It's very possible for an existing government to abolish Currency and declare ownership over everything.

DeletedUser18700

Perhaps for the aristocracy punishment. I was thinking it could be offset by reducing the max number of research points from 120 by 10 to say 110 to compensate for the faster research time. Or another one I was thinking was that aristocrats are the blue blood elite of society and are not fond of commoners especially not ones the rise in the favour of the people to rival their power, so maybe deny the ability for a hero to take up residency at the aristocratic city. What do you think?

DeletedUser31385

Both good suggestions. I will let you know in the morning.

DeletedUser31385

I sorta forgot about this idea. I will try to add more stuff into this. I made the punishment a little lower on the research for double bonus.
I need suggestions for this. Mostly trying to think of some customization things.

DeletedUser39031

1.Would the same punishment for Democracy occur if the resource is gold?
2.Is there a need for theocracy AND mythocracy?
3.Isn't the current setup a dictatorship? I think my people like me\
4.Wouldn't a monarchy have increased favour production as many kings were regarded as Gods/Divine?
5.Doesn't every form of government hate rival powers not just aristocrats?

DeletedUser50502

Proposal: To create city governments and add more complexity to the game. This would also add more customization to cities.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?Yes, I have talked to the idea moderators about this topic.

Reason: Cities lack customization and the bonuses may help with development.

Details: Here is a list of government types that would be available and what they do:

Theocracy- 10% increase in favor production for that city.

Democracy- 20% increase in base resource production.

Monarchy- 15% increase in offensive troop fighting strength.

Oligarchy- 15% increase in defensive troop fighting strength.

Communistic- 7.5% increase in population

Aristocracy- Research and buildings take 10% less time to finish

Dictatorship- 7.5% of the troops attacking your city turn back out of fear

*Mythocracy- Mythical units fight 7.5% stronger
------------------------------------------------------
Punishments:

Theocracy- spells enacted on the city will do 15% more damage/ be 15% less effective.

Democracy- Inflation, 10% of all incoming resources goes to fund the city (only affects trades you accepted)

Monarchy- Favor production is 5% lower in that city. (Popes and Kings argued with each other over authority)

Oligarchy- Buildings and researches take 5% longer. (remember Sparta, it only focused on military)

Communistic- Resources are produced 10% slower (Absence of money and economics)

Aristocracy- Hero can't take residence in the city (Aristocrat hates rival of power)

Dictatorship- Your people despise you and thus your city will be conquered 12.5% faster.

*Mythocracy- For every mythical unit lost, you will lose 2.5 favor.
------------------------------------------
How to get the bonus:

Senate must be level 10 minimum to receive any bonus.

15- 100%
14- 80%
13- 60%
12- 40%
11- 20%
10- 5%

*note if the senate is damaged, the punishment will not go lower. (just the benefit)
---------------------------------------------------------
Research: New research available at level 12. It will double the bonus (take note the punishment will be multiplied by 1.5)
The research would cost 2 points and 5000 of every resource.

Visual Aids:X

Balance: Hope this balances out the original plans.

Abuse Prevention: Players must wait 336 hours before switching a government.

Summary:Make a new idea with less strict punishments and more governments. If you have any suggestions please let me know below.

Great idea, and it would finally give the Senate some meaning other than just going inside of it to upgrade things and for special buildings. One question though, how do you lose 2.5 favor, favor is in whole numbers I thought? (Under mythocracy punishment). Love the idea, but I think that you should be able to upgrade your government using resources just like you would with any other building, other than to just upgrade the senate for bonuses.

DeletedUser50502

Oh and I just had another great idea, the different types of government you have all have different looking senates. You could even do completely different looking cities (Inno won't do that who am I kidding) but you could do different looking senates. Like Dictatorship has a statue of you in front of it, mythocracy has what ever god you are worshiping on it, just some ideas.

DeletedUser31385

Oh and I just had another great idea, the different types of government you have all have different looking senates. You could even do completely different looking cities (Inno won't do that who am I kidding) but you could do different looking senates. Like Dictatorship has a statue of you in front of it, mythocracy has what ever god you are worshiping on it, just some ideas.

Inno might not want to do it, however other games do it. Revising the original post now.

No, gold is considered premium and not a resource.
Gives a chance for increased favor and increased fighting.
Not really. There isn't any set type.
4.Wouldn't a monarchy have increased favour production as many kings were regarded as Gods/Divine?
Possibly, but monarchies were mostly known to be powerful in fighting.
No, not all forms hate each other.

Max benefit is 250% of the listed benefits.

Last edited:

DeletedUser50502

Inno might not want to do it, however other games do it. Revising the original post now.

No, gold is considered premium and not a resource.
Gives a chance for increased favor and increased fighting.
Not really. There isn't any set type.
Possibly, but monarchies were mostly known to be powerful in fighting.
No, not all forms hate each other.

Max benefit is 250% of the listed benefits.

I really like this idea though, hope this or something similar gets implemented. It would make the game much more interesting, but would there be an option to have no government and just anarchy? Maybe if you choose that form, population leave randomly as punishment, but you get random population as well

DeletedUser31385

I really like this idea though, hope this or something similar gets implemented. It would make the game much more interesting, but would there be an option to have no government and just anarchy? Maybe if you choose that form, population leave randomly as punishment, but you get random population as well

Adding in the no gov option. Anarchy selects a government randomly. Punishment is cut in half due to random selection.

DeletedUser50502

Adding in the no gov option. Anarchy selects a government randomly. Punishment is cut in half due to random selection.

Oh that's cool, but there should also be a cool down for when you can change governments because if not you could just randomize until you get the one you want. 24 hours maybe? Or is that not enough

DeletedUser31385

Oh that's cool, but there should also be a cool down for when you can change governments because if not you could just randomize until you get the one you want. 24 hours maybe? Or is that not enough

I had the limit set at 168 hours (1 week).

DeletedUser31385

Any other suggestions? Ideas for specializations because he or she has said government?

Status
Not open for further replies.