Passed City Governments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser54192

Problem solved.
Good solution! So basically, if you demolish the senate to 26, you will lose all the extra levels and researches 24 hours later? Just checking I understand it correctly.

DeletedUser31385

Good solution! So basically, if you demolish the senate to 26, you will lose all the extra levels and researches 24 hours later? Just checking I understand it correctly.
Not the extra levels, just the government. Another city cant be designated as the capital until the city with the higher levels is conquered though.

DeletedUser31385

Now... let's get back to the topic of a reputation system (what we were discussing earlier) that may affect governments. Would there be any suggestions on how that should work.

dianices

Phrourach
i would think the first question should be, reputation with whom? would there be certain governments based on a gods' guidance? let's say you worship hades, what is hades form of governance? how would one develop to follow his example? and thereby gain rewards for "pleasing" him as a faithful follower?

if not gods, there could also be two or three "orders" a ruler might be loyal to, and gain their guidance, support, and resources they could provide, depending on how much reputation one gains with them. in either case its a locked system, rather than changing reputation dependent on choices that lean you one direction or another.

again there's also the method of good v. evil, but in that aspect, it's a bit more difficult to determine exactly what or whom we're getting reputation with. multiple factions can get to be a headache after awhile, so keeping them in a relatively small number, no more than three, is workable, but you'd have to consider the extra data space it would take to keep track of them player by player, like the levels, rewards, and "perks" for alliances that cooperatively follow the same reputation paths.

DeletedUser54192

It might be a bit simplistic, but you could relate it to the island quest choices, i.e. you split the 8 governments into 4 wisdom-related governments and 4 war-related governments. Maybe if you have chosen a much higher amount of war quest options than wisdom quest options, you are limited to the 4 war governments, while the reverse would happen in terms of limiting you to wisdom governments. And if you had a fairly even split, you would get access to both, as a reward for balanced decisions?

dianices

Phrourach
It might be a bit simplistic, but you could relate it to the island quest choices, i.e. you split the 8 governments into 4 wisdom-related governments and 4 war-related governments. Maybe if you have chosen a much higher amount of war quest options than wisdom quest options, you are limited to the 4 war governments, while the reverse would happen in terms of limiting you to wisdom governments. And if you had a fairly even split, you would get access to both, as a reward for balanced decisions?

that's kind of a build on something i brought up earlier? but a little better thought out. i like it, although the even split, mmm, more like a weighted system, tipping one way or the other, making some stuff occur more frequently and other stuff less.

it wouldn't be so much that you choose more war quests for example, but that your choices would produce more war quests, with a weighted decision tree giving you the chance to control how you develop a little better. say you want to become more benevolent (king) while your choices have been leaning toward evil (tyrant), having a tree would provide you with options to change direction. the difference wouldn't be immediate, so every decision, has an effect on where you go next.

thoughts?

Last edited:

DeletedUser54192

that's kind of a build on something i brought up earlier? but a little better thought out. i like it, although the even split, mmm, more like a weighted system, tipping one way or the other, making some stuff occur more frequently and other stuff less.
Yeah. Sorry, I couldn't remember where I saw someone mention the quests, which is why I didn't reference it. I like the weighted system, I just wasn't sure how it could be done without making it too complicated.

dianices

Phrourach
that's cool, i like the way you put it. think of it like one of those old kids books, where what you choose, determines which page you turn to next, never knowing exactly where the story will lead you. that's fun stuff!!

DeletedUser31385

that's cool, i like the way you put it. think of it like one of those old kids books, where what you choose, determines which page you turn to next, never knowing exactly where the story will lead you. that's fun stuff!!
I figured there could be different levels of reputation that have different benefits/disadvantages.

Positive Actions:
  • Island Quests: Peaceful Option
  • Supporting Another Player
  • Attacking/Conquering a player with negative reputation

Negative Actions:
  • Island Quests: Aggressive Option
  • Attacking a player significantly smaller than yourself

Last edited:

dianices

Phrourach
like a tier system? you could have a tracker with points measured to the next level with a preview of what to expect at that level

dianices

Phrourach
i also appreciate the technical efforts needed to create and maintain stuff like this, so i take that into consideration.

DeletedUser31385

I figured new players should be forced down a positive path until they reach a certain amount of points.

DeletedUser31385

Would 2,000 points be good for this? What should the terms be for the reputation scale?

Reputation Scale

Tyrant

Neutral
-200 to 200

Hero

Legend

DeletedUser54886

I think the whole government system should not kick in till you have your 2nd city, so that is at least 2500 points... before you have 2 cities, your just city state...

DeletedUser31385

I think the whole government system should not kick in till you have your 2nd city, so that is at least 2500 points... before you have 2 cities, your just city state...
It would be hard for someone to get senate level 26 before reaching 2500 points (might be impossible). I might add 2 cities as a requirement tomorrow.

DeletedUser54886

Agree... I would not make it a points requirement at all, just make it 2 cities... that makes it simpler...

DeletedUser31385

It would be hard for someone to get senate level 26 before reaching 2500 points (might be impossible). I might add 2 cities as a requirement tomorrow.
Sorry, I was gone all of last week. I added this as a requirement. Now we can work on the reputation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.