Inactive Topic City Wall Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: Be able to build things on walls to give a bonus effect.

Lists: No, I didn't.

Details: Have the option to build various things on the wall. Things such as: catapults, towers, oil, "canopy"-like things on the wall to protect against ranged projectiles (I forget the actual name), etc.

For every 2 levels of the wall, you get one build slot for the wall. At level 25 you get 2 more.

Reason: Realism and a new aspect to the game.

Summary: Proposal.

Feel free to suggest things.

DeletedUser

I like the idea but I think that it would be more realistic that they would make it every 5 levels or higher.

just seems like every 2 levels is too low

DeletedUser8396

I like the idea but I think that it would be more realistic that they would make it every 5 levels or higher.

just seems like every 2 levels is too low

Every two levels was a guess XD

I didn't want to limit it to 5 buildings on the wall, unless that what everyone wanted.

Maybe 3 or 4? Unless someone else says 5 XD

DeletedUser18825

I like the idea. It will make me feel like a real knight! :D

DeletedUser

I think it would add realism and make the game more interesting. (I hope the bonus isn't too high though, it should be fairly low for each added thing)

DeletedUser37666

Bonus shouldn't be too big, we are already having big changes on the gameplay in grepolis, I would say the canopy things would make distance 5% weaker, at the most 10%. And catapults on the wall damage the attacking units by 2-5%. I give this one thumb up and one thumb down :)

DeletedUser30490

good idea pebble,
But can we get like a list of things and what kind of bonus's they give?

DeletedUser8396

can we get like a list of things and what kind of bonus's they give?

I will work on that later today. I know a little bit about ancient warfare, but not near enough to make a list of items and their advantages, stats, etc.

Research here I come :eek:

DeletedUser345

Sorry not in support at all, the game already favours the defender too much.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but I think you should only be able to equip one building on it and only once the wall is completely leveled up. And even then I think it should only be able to have a minor affect, because, like Achilles said, the concept of battle favors the defender. This would make it less of a huge, important factor in the game yet your idea would still be implemented.

DeletedUser

Sorry not in support at all, the game already favours the defender too much.

I agree with Achilles. If this was to go into affect they would need to re balance most of the defensive things (units/buildings), so that the attacker actually has a chance.