Clearing Cerberus using Erinyes?

DeletedUser

Have a city that has collected several Cerberus'. Can I use Erinyes' to clear this? Does anyone know the ration? E.g. I need x number of Erinyes to clear x number of Cerberus?

DeletedUser

That would be a highly inefficient way to do it, unless you also wished to kill of the Erinyes at the same time.

Erinyes have a ranged attack damage of 1210. Cerberus have a ranged defence of 1575. It would, therefore, take ~1.3 Erinyes to kill a single Cerberus. This is without taking other matters into consideration; wall level, luck, researches, etc.

If you wish to be rid of the Cerberus, a better strategy would be to use them to defend against land attacks. Given that the most common land attack unit is the Slinger, Cerberus' high ranged defence is invaluable, especially in large numbers.

DeletedUser22431

Do you mean that you want to kill your own Cerberus?
You can't actually attack your own cities and I believe any other way of killing your own troops is against the rules.
If you mean that you want to kill someone elses Cerberus then you should look for their weakness. Their sharp defence is only 300 so you should attack them with hoplites or Manticores (Chariots are sharp too, but aren't as good in attack as Hoplites).
It is impossible to say how many of a particular unit you would need as a number of factors come in to play when you attack (wall, luck, morale, other bonuses such as premium features & research)

DeletedUser

Do you mean that you want to kill your own Cerberus?
You can't actually attack your own cities and I believe any other way of killing your own troops is against the rules.
If you mean that you want to kill someone elses Cerberus then you should look for their weakness. Their sharp defence is only 300 so you should attack them with hoplites or Manticores (Chariots are sharp too, but aren't as good in attack as Hoplites).
It is impossible to say how many of a particular unit you would need as a number of factors come in to play when you attack (wall, luck, morale, other bonuses such as premium features & research)

There's nothing against the rules about killing your own troops. It's simple enough to transport them to another player's city and then attack that city, thus being able to kill your own troops.

You are quite right that the best way to kill them is to look for weaknesses, though.

DeletedUser22431

Good to know. I was informed once by a very experienced player that it would get you banned so haven't done it since.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the ratioin information. I should have been clearer about my goals.

I am attacking a city that has several Cerberus'. I've sent Light Ships and since there's nothing in the harbor, they get through, don't kill anything and it appeared undefended. Once land troops landed, I lost tons. So after I finally was able to get a spy in see the Cerberus'.

So, I'm trying to find a way to kill them. What troop combination would work best against, say 5 Cerberus'?

I certainly have learned a defense lesson and am now building some of these for my own defense.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the ratioin information. I should have been clearer about my goals.

I am attacking a city that has several Cerberus'. I've sent Light Ships and since there's nothing in the harbor, they get through, don't kill anything and it appeared undefended. Once land troops landed, I lost tons. So after I finally was able to get a spy in see the Cerberus'.

So, I'm trying to find a way to kill them. What troop combination would work best against, say 5 Cerberus'?

I certainly have learned a defense lesson and am now building some of these for my own defense.

dhiggi explained it very well..

The most effective unit to use against Cerberus is the hoplite, because they do Sharp damage, and defence against Sharp damage is the lowest of the Cerberus' defence stats. However, you should be careful to take into account any other units in the city. If there is nothing but Cerberus' then hoplites alone would be okay but if, for example, there were archers too then you should judge the combined defence of all units in the city, and work out the best attack.

For a further example, let's assume the city has 5 Cerberus and 100 archers.. If you use the unit date on the wiki, here, you can work out the total defence:
4725 Blunt.
4000 Sharp.
9075 Ranged.

With this information, you can see that the lowest form of defence is defence against Sharp, so using hoplites is still the best course of action. This may vary depending on what troops are in the city, though, so sometimes it is best to work out the total defence instead of just looking at the defence of the strongest unit..

Of course, if there's nothing but Cerberus' you can ignore all that, and the answer to your question is;

Use hoplites. :p