Inactive Topic Close Worlds Where Gold Trading is the Prevalent Activity

• Thread starter DeletedUser21774
  • Start date

DeletedUser21774

Proposal: In addition to closing worlds where the number of players goes below 300, games may be closed where there are fewer than 300 active players when gold trading in the markets is removed from activity.
Reason: The predominant reason for players opening multiple worlds is to trade gold for their dominant, active world.

Details: Many players in my current game have multiple worlds solely for the purpose of marketing resources for gold. This makes game play less fun in the worlds where people think they have a "legendary" team or player joining, hopeful that they will see stellar game play, and the world turns out to be ho-hum.

For the game in which they actually USE the gold, they have an inordinant advantage over regulation players who do not enlist in new worlds solely for the purpose of gold trading.

Visual Aids:a fractional sampling (and these are just those who don't care about the name):
GbWuGBs.jpg

Balance/Abuse Prevention: I believe the abuse is adequately demonstrated in the Proposal and Details sections. The purpose of this idea is to curb abuse, unless inno has a better idea, such as kicking players whose only activity is marketing resources for gold, or changing its game rules regarding gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33530

I have a couple reasons against this.
1. I have never seen or heard of a world where late game gold trading is even happening.
2. The stragtegy you are trying to prevent is not abusive. The point of gold trade is for small players to get gold and for major gold users to totally rule the game beyond comprehension right off the bat. Having cities in other worlds gain gold for your account is a fair use of the system.
3. Even if all people do is trade for gold they are still putting cities on islands which is key to world expansion.
4. If you get rid of this grepolis will finally die. It's impossible to compete without gold. You cut off this easy access to gold that many small players use, you will kill the game.