Colony Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal
To let colony ships have 75 hours in conquering range

Reason
The problem is that colony ships currently are not allowed to conquer cities more than 48 hours away, which is frankly too near our current cities to be very exciting for use in the game.

Details
Quite simply, extended range for colony ships to take a empty city. If it's got no
troops, then colony ships should be allowed to conquer the city.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
-this would only be for conquers to avoid colonizing where no one is located, cannot go beyond the rim (JKP3nt)
-would make it easier for rimmed players to rejoin their former alliances (Pythagorus)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why would you want to conquer a city more than 48hrs away? By the time you got support to a city that far away it would most certainly be too late to be of any help.

DeletedUser

because it would make the game a little better, besides our cities should be independant, and only need to call on the main polis in times of need.

DeletedUser

Rather goes against the whole idea of alliances doesn't it?

DeletedUser

I thought I did... what is the problem with the format? also, if your 100's of hours away from your alliance (not me, btw) then it's hard to get them easily

DeletedUser

Sorry about the sticky, combined two different posts. I was commenting on your statement about cities should be independent. If everyones city was independent then why form alliances, as the main reason for thier existence is to support each others cities in times of offense and defense.

DeletedUser

no I meant indpendent from our other cities, we shouldn't divide our men up, we should take cities and build them up from what we get when we first land.

DeletedUser

OK, I see what your getting at. Not necessarily what I would have as a strategy, but if that you would like that option, I would not vote against it, just would not advise it.

DeletedUser

Oh alright then, I'll edit it to 300 hours

DeletedUser

The reasoning I see on this is getting to the front line of a war. Lets say you end up getting closed into your alliance. Eventually you would run out of expansion room. It would take a while to island hop to the front and it would be simpler to just have someone help you take one while you have the CS moving.

DeletedUser

Yes, but wouldn't it be better to have a more flexible range?

DeletedUser

bad idea......

people get rimmed and moved to further areas, 300 hours is a massive distance, within a few conquers you will be able to reach the person who has been rimmed.

Think about it realistically, the people on that ship cant survive for 300 hours (or days or whatever hours equals in this game)

DeletedUser

yes but you might want to get closer to your alliance's stronghold

DeletedUser

or you could always change alliances >.>

you have like 5000 to chose from depends on what world you are on.

DeletedUser10850

300 hours is WAY too far. thats weeks away. 48 hours is 2 days...round to 50 and 50 times 6 is 300. so it will end up being a max of about 12 1/2 days. i dont want to wait that long for a city. the allies of the other alliance (if there is one) will be able to give A TON of support and therefore even if u clear it before launching the colony ship then u will fail. even if u time it correctly with a second difference then only a very uncoordinated alliance would fail at not surviving the attack. and i mean a VERY uncoordinated. if you have 12 days to give support to a member then you will easily be able to defeat the colony ship no matter how many light ships the attacker sends.

my point: you will never be able to get a city thats 300 hours away. if they increase it then increase it to 60 hours if at all.

DeletedUser

I agree with bobdude on this one, the time limit is already there for the reason of trying to stop you from spreading yourself too thin. Maybe make it 60 hours, but still, how do you expect to conquer a city if a player has 200-300 hours to call in as much support as he can?

Status
Not open for further replies.