Colony Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i think that if you are conquering outwards (towards the rim) then 48hrs is already too far. with a range of 75hrs people with a number of cities and high points could too easily conquer noobs staight out of BP who have just joined or been rimmed.

i guess there's nothing particularly offensive about conquering 75hrs if you're going towards the core though, would make it easier for rimmed players to rejoin their former alliances.

DeletedUser

I support it for one reason and one reason only,

If ever a 1 city player has his city taken away, he will no longer be anywhere near his alliance in times of need. And so eventually when he does earn the ability to get a second city, he'll be able to go back and be with his alliance.

DeletedUser

If ever a 1 city player has his city taken away, he will no longer be anywhere near his alliance in times of need. And so eventually when he does earn the ability to get a second city, he'll be able to go back and be with his alliance.
hmm I had not thought of that.
that point makes me be against the idea.
Rimmed players should stay rimmed

DeletedUser

im definitely in favor for this idea :) allies from farther away would be able help more now by conquering enemies that they wouldnt be able to do (with the current system) enemies can also come from just as far. this will make wars bigger and better and give life and excitement to the game by realle allowing a late-in-the-game alliance, that has defeated its competition, get closer to the core were the early starters have fought endlessly to gain terf. also this could better allow an alliance move to get on both sides of their enemy and realle blockcade them.

DeletedUser

im definitely in favor for this idea :) allies from farther away would be able help more now by conquering enemies that they wouldnt be able to do (with the current system) enemies can also come from just as far. this will make wars bigger and better and give life and excitement to the game by realle allowing a late-in-the-game alliance, that has defeated its competition, get closer to the core were the early starters have fought endlessly to gain terf. also this could better allow an alliance move to get on both sides of their enemy and realle blockcade them.

exactly, it would just make the game more exciting and more enjoyable to play unless you dislike being near your alliance or having wars.

DeletedUser

Why shouldnt they be allowed to go back with their alliance?
what is the point of rimming some one if they can just go back to where you kicked them out from?
it takes the whole point out of being manually reset in war

DeletedUser

I support this idea because it will allow me to take revenge on the guy who conquered me.

DeletedUser

my 600th post!!!! lol :p

what is the point of rimming some one if they can just go back to where you kicked them out from?
it takes the whole point out of being manually reset in war

its true but if u rimmed him/her then im pretty sure u can do it again, and players wont always pick the same direction. if there alliance was amazing maybe they will but if not i wouldnt.

DeletedUser

ts true but if u rimmed him/her then im pretty sure u can do it again, and players wont always pick the same direction. if there alliance was amazing maybe they will but if not i wouldnt.
Well yes, but its sort of a bother isn´t it?
I wouldn´t want to be riming a guy that keeps returning and gettig rimmed, although it do see the benefits in bigger wars.

MY POST 500th!!!!!!!!!!
:p:p

Richard

Strategos
Im with Khan on this. 48 hours is more than enough. Also think about the 48 hour Vmode activation window. I could plan an op to take a city 100 hours away, spend time and energy planning it to the tiniest details. Send my CS, and then the player hits vmode. The devs would surely implement an attack cancellation of some sort, but that could be hours of planning out the window.

DeletedUser18366

I think you should be able to conquer more than 48 hours away. One actuall credit to the trojan horse joke was that you could conquer wherever you want. If you get conquerd then you would want to rejoin your alliance as soon as you can.

DeletedUser

I just scanned through this and I think that you are all forgetting something very important. That is the lighthouse super building and the research cartography. If you have both of these in your city it increases all of your ships speed by 25%. Meaning that a colony ship that would normally take 60 hours to reach a target would now only take 48 hours. Any increase in the allowed colony ship runtime would be outrageous. I have seen some posts requesting these times..

Now here is how far you can travel with both of the mentioned above
300 hours - tack on another 75 hours for run time... so 375 hours..

200 hours - just add another 50 hours you can travel.. 250 hours.

100 hours - add another 25 hours.. 125 hours.

75 hours - about another 19 hours.. 94 hours.

I think that adding more time for colony ships is a very bad idea. right now everyone is throwing out a time thinking it will be the "max" but it wont be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

think about the 48 hour Vmode activation window
i always assumed that this is why there was a 48hr limit on CS in the first place, so it stands to reason that there is no way that this limit will be extended unless the VM activation window is extended too.

and that would be horrible.

DeletedUser

Is this just for the NooBs who wish to find a safe place to hide, 100 hours should mean 2 oceans to a safe location.

i am against the idea, if anything to make things more interesting the time could be cut

DeletedUser

against the idea,48 hours is quite good and it is working fine.
there would be possible to take city which is 300 hours away and some people would be delighted as one could move across many oceans to easy,just send 5 CS to 5 different ghost cities and at least one of 5 CS will succeed.and then repeat that few times and you will have cities in every ocean too easy,bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.