Comedy alliance of the year - the Celtics

• Thread starter DeletedUser22951
  • Start date

DeletedUser22951

These guys are beyond hilarious - i have never seen an internal power structure like this! Quite how they are ranked 8th is beyond reason....
Important: Ranking important 1 2 Edge Eblan 2012-02-10 16:51
The Noble Class:
Emperor: Ruler of the entire Celtic Empire.

King: Elected by the people, to help lead the Empire. Must be Noble to be crowned the King.

Legate: The Empires Head of Guard. Appointed by the King. Enforces the Kings will.

Duke: Reserved title for the leader of a clan who brings his people to join us. Now, as a member of the Celtics and who has shown honor and loyalty over time, he will help lead not only his clan, but the entire alliance as a whole. Answers only to the Emperor, Legate, or King.

Marquis: Although given a specific title and purpose, they are to also command the army in times of war in absence of a Duke. Responsible for the defense of our homelands.

Earl: An honorary position given for loyal services rendered. An aid to all the Marquis.

Baron: Title given to those who have shown strict loyalty and service to the King. Maintains discipline within the ranks and answers to the Earls.
The Common Class:
Senator: Not nobility but a politician and loyal friend of the king. Always looking to gain new alliance's in a merge. Senator's rally the support of the people in times of war. Answers to the Noble Class. In charge of political affairs.

Ambassador: There will be 2 per Ocean that we have members in. Must recruit, and maintain diplomatic relations on foreign lands. "The enemy of our enemy is our friend." -The old King.

Celtic Knight: 25,000+ Points will be only the top player over 25,000 points. He will earn a seat at the Emperor's Council to discuss matters of the Empire with the Nobility.

Master Knight: 18,000-24,999 Points you become a master of warfare and expansion. You will help lead the troops onto the battlefield when blood shed is the only means available.

Senior Knight: 12,000-17,999 Points you become an Senior Knight. Your experience in the battlefield has given you notoriety amongst the Empire. You will help organize the Knights and prepare for war.

Knight: 6,000-11,999 Points you enter into Knighthood. It is not a Nobility rank, but a status symbol representing not only the King, but the entire Empire. You are bound by the code of chivalry from now on and to uphold the values of honor, courage, and loyalty to the Celtic Empire.

Squire: 4,000-5,999 Points you become a squire. You are in training to become a knight. As a Knight's aid, you must polish the knight's armor, be his shield bearer, and saddle up his horse for combat.

Peasant: 2,000-3,999 Points you are the backbone of the nation. The working class of people that will become the soldier in times of war.

The Slaves:
Serf: 0-1,999 Points you are a slave to the empire. Once you gain 2,000 points, you will earn your freedom! You will then have a say about matters pertaining to the empire.

There have been more possitions added after this power structure was first posted.
Amazing, it made me laugh until i realised i had signed up.
Time to fall on my sword in this server.

DeletedUser

It looks like someone spent a lot of time coming up with that complicated scheme! Its fun to read through, but impossible that this would work in the game. I'm exhausted even thinking about trying to manage this system.

It seems to me that many people make the mistake of perceiving their alliance as a country, and thus they spend their time designing systems of government. I tend to agree with Gronbeck's post that I've linked to. Its more profitable to see an alliance as a military, not a government/country.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?17539-Alliance-Guide

DeletedUser

not entirely true... a military with no direction is still a poor military regardless of its visible power.

DeletedUser

Senior Knight: 12,000-17,999 Points you become an Senior Knight. Your experience in the battlefield has given you notoriety amongst the Empire. You will help organize the Knights and prepare for war.

Interesting that the Barbarians ranks are based on points, not BP. Someone with 12,000 points doesn't necessarily have any battlefield experience, and certainly doesn't earn the right to organise for war based on that alone.

DeletedUser

Interesting that the Barbarians ranks are based on points, not BP. Someone with 12,000 points doesn't necessarily have any battlefield experience, and certainly doesn't earn the right to organise for war based on that alone.

You would have had to conquer at least one city to have 12000 points...

DeletedUser

You would have had to conquer at least one city to have 12000 points...

HAHA....You are so clueless...No you would not of had to conquer anything to have 12000 points, that can be accomplished with one sim city.

DeletedUser

any reasonable player would have to conquor 1 city to reach 12k points :p or in this alliance's case, probably colonise.

DeletedUser22951

http://http://www.grepostats.com/world/en31/player/2831778/history an example of a senior knight from the alliance with 3 cities.
The next title is confusing is 'marquis of defense' - who has never been attacked!
http://http://www.grepostats.com/world/en31/player/643840/history
the marquis of war and top player has 3800 ABPS and 8 cities
Has got to be the worst noob mra i have seen in all the servers i have played in. Am hoping there are some decent alliances that can have fun with these guys and see what happens - think they would not last a few days.

DeletedUser

These guys are beyond hilarious - i have never seen an internal power structure like this! Quite how they are ranked 8th is beyond reason....
Important: Ranking important 1 2 Edge Eblan 2012-02-10 16:51
The Noble Class:
Emperor: Ruler of the entire Celtic Empire.

King: Elected by the people, to help lead the Empire. Must be Noble to be crowned the King.

Legate: The Empires Head of Guard. Appointed by the King. Enforces the Kings will.

Duke: Reserved title for the leader of a clan who brings his people to join us. Now, as a member of the Celtics and who has shown honor and loyalty over time, he will help lead not only his clan, but the entire alliance as a whole. Answers only to the Emperor, Legate, or King.

Marquis: Although given a specific title and purpose, they are to also command the army in times of war in absence of a Duke. Responsible for the defense of our homelands.

Earl: An honorary position given for loyal services rendered. An aid to all the Marquis.

Baron: Title given to those who have shown strict loyalty and service to the King. Maintains discipline within the ranks and answers to the Earls.
The Common Class:
Senator: Not nobility but a politician and loyal friend of the king. Always looking to gain new alliance's in a merge. Senator's rally the support of the people in times of war. Answers to the Noble Class. In charge of political affairs.

Ambassador: There will be 2 per Ocean that we have members in. Must recruit, and maintain diplomatic relations on foreign lands. "The enemy of our enemy is our friend." -The old King.

Celtic Knight: 25,000+ Points will be only the top player over 25,000 points. He will earn a seat at the Emperor's Council to discuss matters of the Empire with the Nobility.

Master Knight: 18,000-24,999 Points you become a master of warfare and expansion. You will help lead the troops onto the battlefield when blood shed is the only means available.

Knight: 6,000-11,999 Points you enter into Knighthood. It is not a Nobility rank, but a status symbol representing not only the King, but the entire Empire. You are bound by the code of chivalry from now on and to uphold the values of honor, courage, and loyalty to the Celtic Empire.

Squire: 4,000-5,999 Points you become a squire. You are in training to become a knight. As a Knight's aid, you must polish the knight's armor, be his shield bearer, and saddle up his horse for combat.

Peasant: 2,000-3,999 Points you are the backbone of the nation. The working class of people that will become the soldier in times of war.

The Slaves:
Serf: 0-1,999 Points you are a slave to the empire. Once you gain 2,000 points, you will earn your freedom! You will then have a say about matters pertaining to the empire.

There have been more possitions added after this power structure was first posted.
Amazing, it made me laugh until i realised i had signed up.
Time to fall on my sword in this server.

Ah, you like? There is a great history behind the Celtics. We were once called the Mavericks. I was the King of the Mavericks. With the help of my #2 recruit, we ruled the ocean. Sometimes with diplomacy, other times with force. Towards the end of all that, we recruited every head leader and their members to our banner. Then a vote was held to honor our truce, forming the Celtics.

DeletedUser22951

Ah, you like?
- Judging by the title of this thread and my comments i would have thought the answer would be evident, the alliance is like fitting wheels to a tomato - TIME CONSUMING AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.
With the help of my #2 recruit, we ruled the ocean.
- Historically not true, you were ranked 2nd in ocean until the leader of the spartan alliance disolved the alliance.
Towards the end of all that, we recruited every head leader and their members to our banner. Then a vote was held to honor our truce, forming the Celtics.
Sounds towards the more plesant side of fiction.
Yawn, another dull day in Heraklion.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28898

http://http://www.grepostats.com/world/en31/player/2831778/history an example of a senior knight from the alliance with 3 cities.
The next title is confusing is 'marquis of defense' - who has never been attacked!
http://http://www.grepostats.com/world/en31/player/643840/history
the marquis of war and top player has 3800 ABPS and 8 cities
Has got to be the worst noob mra i have seen in all the servers i have played in. Am hoping there are some decent alliances that can have fun with these guys and see what happens - think they would not last a few days.

And these words are spoken by a player with only 278 TOTAL BATTLE POINTS? And who also has also NEVER been attacked? Only now, after being booted from his alliance for disloyalty, does he attack a former alliance member. It was his first earned battle points in a month! No one forced him to be in this alliance. He chose to stay. But the truth is, he really wasn't worth having around, as he had NO VALUE to the alliance.

Here's HIS stats....

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en31/player/1307600/history

diomedes666, you've proven yourself a fraud.

RobertM320

DeletedUser22951

Well, the proof is in the pudding as they say.
192 cities in my ocean and you can't take out one 5k city.
Has been fun being attacked by biremes, archers,swordsmen and lots of troops with no ls.
If i am a fraud then why did your cs and 25 odd attacks fail?
You really should not have players attacking after the cs has landed - if it had survived then you would have wiped it out.
Well good luck, would start training your players in case they have to fight in a war rather than against 1 man.

DeletedUser

Well, the proof is in the pudding as they say.
192 cities in my ocean and you can't take out one 5k city.
Has been fun being attacked by biremes, archers,swordsmen and lots of troops with no ls.
If i am a fraud then why did your cs and 25 odd attacks fail?
You really should not have players attacking after the cs has landed - if it had survived then you would have wiped it out.
Well good luck, would start training your players in case they have to fight in a war rather than against 1 man.

You will see, refugee.

DeletedUser

- Judging by the title of this thread and my comments i would have thought the answer would be evident, the alliance is like fitting wheels to a tomato - TIME CONSUMING AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.
- Historically not true, you were ranked 2nd in ocean until the leader of the spartan alliance disolved the alliance.
Sounds towards the more plesant side of fiction.
Yawn, another dull day in Heraklion.....

Taken out of context.

DeletedUser22951

Beyond belief - i gave up and there was nothing at all in my city.
Yet your own alliance leader RobertM320 managed to kill the cs that your alliance sent.
:eek:
Give up, stick to milk and cookies.

DeletedUser353

diomedes ... if your skill was as big as your mouth then you would rule the server. As it happens your skill seems on a par with your brain which is why you are a nobody who gets their kicks from trolling. Get a life.

DeletedUser22951

Fair play.
just enjoyed winding these folk up. Should be done privately rather than in public forums.