Answered Commands occurring in same second involving returns

Shuri2060

Strategos
Commands arriving in same second are processed in the order they were issued. How does this work with return commands? Eg. I send mythical units to a ghost town as support and they immediately return as there is no god worshipped. What is considered to be the issue time of the return command - the time I launched the units or the time they arrive at the ghost?

I've asked support and their respond is that this is a 'closely guarded secret'. But I'm sure a few scientists among us know the answer right? ;)

DeletedUser31385

Commands arriving in same second are processed in the order they were issued. How does this work with return commands? Eg. I send mythical units to a ghost town as support and they immediately return as there is no god worshipped. What is considered to be the issue time of the return command - the time I launched the units or the time they arrive at the ghost?

I've asked support and their respond is that this is a 'closely guarded secret'. But I'm sure a few scientists among us know the answer right? ;)
Commands arriving on the same second arrive in 'random' order. We are unable to tell exactly when each command will be processed. The issue of the return command comes directly after the attack/support lands, however there may a 1-2 second delay.

Shuri2060

Strategos
'Commands arriving on the same second arrive in 'random' order. We are unable to tell exactly when each command will be processed.' -

I have yet to see or hear of commands which break the rule: 'Commands arriving in same second are processed in the order they were issued.'
Even if there is a chance the order is messed up, it must be very low - I've seen a fair share of same second commands and they haven't broken this. Other players have confirmed the same.

Ranga1

Strategos
Commands arriving on the same second arrive in 'random' order.

Any basis for this fig? 6 years i been seeing attacks that are due to hit at same time land in the order they are sent, not once has it been random. Did you make up or you have some actual source?

I've asked support and their respond is that this is a 'closely guarded secret'

Aka they have no idea and want you to stop asking

DeletedUser31385

Well... It was just recently that someone posted about the commands issue on the forum. The player had an instance of where 2+ commands arrived on the same second. The first command issued did not arrive first. I have heard the same thing that you have 'Commands arriving in same second are always processed in the order they were issued.' This does occur the majority of the time, but is not always true.

Last edited:

Ranga1

Strategos
So no basis? Just hear say? Good to see staff members basing their response to community asked questions on hear say, fills us all with confidence that you know what you're talking about.

DeletedUser31385

So no basis? Just hear say? Good to see staff members basing their response to community asked questions on hear say, fills us all with confidence that you know what you're talking about.
Not really hear say. Information was submitted (not on the forum) about it. There are rare cases where attacks/supports sent by multiple players (arriving on the same second) do not land in the order they were issued.

Shuri2060

Strategos
I'm tempted to say that this is probably how the server processes things as it is the most convenient, but mixes the order occasionally due to having a lot to process sometimes (perhaps something to do with multithreading). Nevertheless it's a well established observation, and I'd say 'random' is misleading.