Competition feedback thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser19042
  • Start date

DeletedUser19042

Hello,

The "Name that pixel" competition has come to an end.
One again, thanks for participating, and congratulations to the winners!

I hope you all enjoyed.

Here you can post a little feedback. This was the very first competition I ran, and I surely want to run a few more. But therefore I would like to know your thoughts on that.

Do you have suggestions to improve the game? You have some complaints? Put them here!

Thank you!
J

DeletedUser

I had fun. :)

Obviously it would be more exciting if we could get more people to participate...

My only suggestion would be possibly to have hours of operation for contests... Dunno if it really matters too much... But since everyone works in different time zones, it might be useful to know during what times new pics be put up...

I know for a bit there I thought I might have to find a picture of bear eating a roo... :heh:

DeletedUser19042

I had fun. :)

Obviously it would be more exciting if we could get more people to participate...

My only suggestion would be possibly to have hours of operation for contests... Dunno if it really matters too much... But since everyone works in different time zones, it might be useful to know during what times new pics be put up...

I know for a bit there I thought I might have to find a picture of bear eating a roo... :heh:
Hahha.

Yea I'll certainly take that into account next time.

Btw, Hoppy, don't forget to give your ingame name to me for the award (through PM)

DeletedUser

Overall it was a lot of fun, I like the fact that anyone who plays grepolis has a good shot at winning. Also, it allowed for friendly competition, players to get to know each other a bit more, etc.

I agree with Hoppy that more players would have been fun, it still turned out pretty well with just 8 or so of us though.

On the timing thing, I don't think there's much we can do about it. With the specific servers (Like Italian, German, etc.) most of the people are in a specific area, and so most people are on one or two time-zones. With EN it gets more difficult due to US, British, and some European players all coming together. By only allowing answers at certain times, it would inevitably give one zone or the other an advantage. Also, it's kind of like that to an extent already, as most of the time I am awake and on, Jori was either sleeping or offline.

^^Not complaining here by any means, I just think it's one of those things that goes along with having players spread out geographically.

Overall, great comp. Kudos to Jorisva for organizing/reffing and also to all those who competed :)