Important Competitions

• Thread starter DeletedUser2663
  • Start date

DeletedUser2663

Hey there guys.

Since you guys are all starting to get conquesting under way i thought now would be a good time to hear from all you forum users here and get some feedback so i know what the community here wants.

If any one has an idea or request for a competition to be held here let me know, I have some idea's i can implement later but i would love to hear what you guys want to do. I do not mind putting in the time to make it run smoothly so if you guys are willing to be active and participate we can get some competitions going here to make the forums fun for you all.

Post your idea's or opinions here or feel free to message me privately. Hope to see a good response from you all. You only get out what you put in.

DeletedUser

Perhaps I would suggest something but i really don't know what are these competitions for. Some example would be nice .

DeletedUser2663

Competitions can range from anything really. Some examples are A) Poster of the Month Polls, B) competition in game, Bounty hunter competitions or team tournaments C) PnP competition where Players submit a PnP (can be given a topic or not). C does not have to be limited to PnP, i could be a poetry competition or anything like that.

These are the more commonly known/done ones.
Competitions are for A) fun of competing and B) i may be able to organise a gold prize for the winner along with other things like a badge for your profile eg like the Forum mod one i have but of course different

DeletedUser

Poetry sounds like fun. And I really like reading a good poem. And I absolutely love the sound of a gold prize, I'm a poor college student taking advantage of the "free" offered by grepolis. I would like the poster competition but my copy of photoshop is CS2 Portable (fits on my thumb drive though and I can use it on any computer). I generally like any kind of writing contest.

Something that's a ton of fun to do (I've done it on other games and it's always a blast) is "conquer the mod" contests where the mod is thrown into the game with 1 fully built city in each ocean and an obscenely large number of defensive troops, (or like 10 ultra uber overpowered units), extra high wall stats/level, etc. and people must conquer. Both the person that conquers and the person with the most BP against the mod would get prizes, like the conquer-er would get the city and also say like 500-1000 gold and the person with the most BP would get twice as much gold as a reward. Grepolis would make this extra fun because conquers in this game aren't instantaneous like in other games. It would go on for a while after the mod has lost all units as people send in extra troops to kill but end up only wiping out those of the person trying to conquer. I say that the alliance of the person that conquers the mod should get a special tag to put in their profile as it will be almost impossible to do this alone.

DeletedUser2663

The conquer the mod style comp is hard to do, I wont be able to be the mod as the rules are, "I cannot play any word that i mod" and i am sure that competitions like this will come under that rule but i can always check. However there is a king of the hill style competition that is like this. Ill talk to some of the other mods and investigate a competition like that.

DeletedUser

That would be cool. I say pick the center most city at 500/500 coordinates (or as close as possible) and who ever holds it longest wins.

DeletedUser

I think jono's on to something, but one city in the very center of Juktas would be unfair to latecomers. What about one city every one or two oceans?

DeletedUser2663

Keep the feedback coming guys. This will help me in my talks with the higher ups.

DeletedUser

One city where 4 oceans meet?? Every player should be able to reach that.

DeletedUser2663

As a note, if i was to implement this king of the hill idea it would be at a later date when the world is more developed. I have found a version of this competition that i will tailor to this world but it will take a more developed world for it to be worth it.

DeletedUser

While we wait, we could do some Forum competitions, like poster of the month.

DeletedUser2663

Hey there guys. Just as an update. I like how the world is progressing to date. I have not forgot about this. I have noticed a few more people sparking up and joining in these parts so keep being active. In regards to a poster of the month i would like to see more people active on the forums yet as i don't feel there is enough active posters to make it a decent competition. If anyone wants a goal then it can be to get more people visiting the forums.

In regards to the king of the hill competition I will plan on implementing it at a later date (if possible). I have figured out ways to balance the points raised to date as well.

DeletedUser2663

Yea, the forum has taken a massive dip in activity since that was posted lol.

DeletedUser

and the action in game started picking up, my simming days are over

DeletedUser2663

oh sounds interesting. Post on the forums in threads like Top 12 and such to keep me updated :). i like keeping track when possible whats happening

DeletedUser

Has been some action today, but thats why we play it, is a noob on the forum and game so maybe Tyrone can post the info ?