Concerns regarding Animal and Mythical Units Welfare in the GREPOLIS Environment.

DeletedUser37793

Just a few thoughts on the apparent mistreatment and hardships during the transportation of Animals and Mythical beings in the GREPOLIS world.

Now we all know how it goes. We want to transport our forces from point A to point B as quickly as possible, so we use FTs to do so. These FTs can carry 16 units when equiped with bunks, which means that an FT can carry 16 slingers, swordmen, archers or hopolites comfortably. But when we come to the Animals things start to get a bit more uncomfortable and possibly inhumane.
Cavalry, 3 units each, probably 1 unit for the rider and 2 units for the Horse. The FT can carry 16 units therefore 1 FT can carry 5 cavalry with a spare unit left. However the requirement for sending 80 Cavalry is only 15 FTs which is not too bad and in war-time may be acceptable.
Charioteers with their horses and chariots all being able to travel together.
Catapults which presumably are are able to be dismantled for transportation and their operators are also easily catered for.
Now please spare a thought for the plight of the Mythical Creatures which you may send into battle
If you send a Minotaur by sea you require 2 FTs, It possibly stands with one foot in each ship holding onto the masts, a tad uncomfortable or possibly they tie and board two FTs together. This is fine until you are sending more than 7 because at 8 Minotaur GREPOLIS has decided that only 15 FTs are reqired. The question then is How?
Since you never get to see the loading and unloading of these ships one can only conjecture about the methods used by the GREPOLIS Handling teams to do so.
Have they developed a secret Surgical method to dismember these then to re join the parts together again at the destination, Have they Developed a secret shrinking/enlarging ray to reduce their size so that they can re-enlarge them at voyage end.
Do they tie the boats together to create a large platform or a large towed barge to accommodate them all.
This goes for all other mythical creatures we send into battle for us.
This may seem trivial to some but remember that these factors could explain loss of expected performance from these troops we send into battle for us.
So I beg you please to give more consideration to the welfare and travelling conditions of these poor creatures which do so much for us and ask so little in return.
If you have any concerns yourself about the handling methods or any specific instances of inhumane practices please contact your nearest GREPOLIS Rep for answers.

DeletedUser

even worse thing about the poor enrinys trying to fit on 6 un-upgraded FT ships and then even worse put some dogs in there with them and see how badly they fight each other over space.

DeletedUser37793

And to think that I was only scratching at the surface of the problem.
It would seem that the inhumanity of GREPOLIS goes far deeper than I first suspected. I am sure that more revelations will be revealed.

DeletedUser31747

i think its amazing how a minotaur torn between two FTs means that the ships still travel at the same pace as a single ship, man these ships must put so much more effort in just to maintain speed

edit: perhaps they use the minotaur as a windsail, in which case the ships could possibly travel faster!

DeletedUser23986

We are ignoring some fundamental questions, such as how bunks allows a centaur to be transported in a single FTP.

If anything bunks should make the ship much more uncomfortable for these godly creatures.

DeletedUser37793

It does not matter whether you look at using these boats with or without bunks, although bunks would seem to aggravate this problem, the transportation of these creatures is raising concerns with the people who truly care about these creatures and their welfare. (At least until they are killed in battle)
Maybe we should form a Society dedicated to welfare and well being of these poor creatures which are under our care. Let all of us ask GREPOLIS to answer for their apparently disregards for humane transportation of these creatures.
If you believe in this cause please spread the word throughout any servers that you may be in. Together we can improve the lot of all these poor Mythical Creatures.

DeletedUser

what do we call this society for fair transportation of mutants?

DeletedUser

what do we call this society for fair transportation of mutants?

Show Humanity - Inhumane Treatment!

Just one suggestion lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

freedom and unreserving careful treatment of mutants (best I could think of)

DeletedUser37793

Show Humanity - Inhumane Treatment!

Just one suggestion lol

May not work for the society name but a good logo and the acronym would work great on the lapel badges.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

we also have to tattoo it on our body to show the dedication to the cause

DeletedUser37793

We would have a lot of supporters already if we tattoo it across our knuckles.

DeletedUser37793

even worse thing about the poor enrinys trying to fit on 6 un-upgraded FT ships and then even worse put some dogs in there with them and see how badly they fight each other over space.

:eek::eek::eek:This could explain why they are in such an evil mood when they get there.

DeletedUser

I've already contacted PETA and they are ready to organise a protest rally but they are looking for someone to go topless... Georgio

DeletedUser37793

I've already contacted PETA and they are ready to organise a protest rally but they are looking for someone to go topless... Georgio

If that is what it takes to get something done about this appalling exploitation of these "harmless" (except when they are in combat) and faithful" creatures then I am willing to go "topless" or even fully naked (not a pretty sight and may cause rioting in the streets).
Ask the organisers to contact me, My number is in a phone-book (somewhere) and I will see if I am free that day. (not blooming likely)

DeletedUser21270

If that is what it takes to get something done about this appalling exploitation of these "harmless" (except when they are in combat) and faithful" creatures then I am willing to go "topless" or even fully naked (not a pretty sight and may cause rioting in the streets).
Ask the organisers to contact me, My number is in a phone-book (somewhere) and I will see if I am free that day. (not blooming likely)
well whenever that day is, im coming too, unless im busy, in which case I wont be but, I believe I ought to be there for the cause.
I have decided to ban 'live exports' involving any animals from ALL my harbours in peacetime. This way there is no undue harm being done , sending poor minotaurs and the like out on a jolly somewhere or aimless sightseeing.
I will only use animals on FTS in battle which is much fairer don't you think?
Mind you, spare a thought for the regular troops too. I looked in one of my cities the other day, in the barracks was 1200 slingers and 14 minotaurs. looked a bit cramped in there and minotaurs don't have the best toilet training!