Inactive Topic Confirmation box attacking an alliance member.

• Thread starter DeletedUser24321
  • Start date

DeletedUser24321

Proposal:

An option to remove to popup box which ask you if you're certain you want to attack an alliance partner.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, there are no similar ideas which I could find when browsing through the list.

Reason:

Trying to perfectly time attacking an ally, for siege-breaking purposes, removal or optional removal, would for one stop annoying me. The pop-up box is an extra click which might also be influenced by lag? An extra click is also an extra second or two depending on how fast Grepolis is running.

With the anti-timer to take into account and server lag, this seems an extra burden. A burden which is only to prevent people making the mistake of attacking their ally unwanted. People who want to turn off the popup box should be able to. It becomes their own responsibility at that point.

Details:

Make an option in the "Settings" menu in the game, where you can choose for the optional removal of the confirmation box appearing.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance:

It won't have a big impact. It'll just be easier to time an attack on an alliance member.

Abuse Prevention:

Players won't be able to cheat or exploit the game. They could attack someone in their alliance and make it look like a mistake though. Player's responsibility though.

Summary:

It comes down to the optional removal of a confirmation box. Not game-breaking, just a small optional improvement. In my opinion at least. I'd love to hear some reactions on this and ways to improve it.

DeletedUser

You can be as precise as always if you click the "attack" button in advance, and then wait to confirm the confirmation box until the right time you intended to launch the attack.

But I agree, it would be an improvement. I suggest a different approach: Add a checkbox in the attack dialog that says something like "I know this is an alliance member and I'm sure I want to attack". If you don't check the box, everything's as now, if you check it, the attack is launched without confirmation.

DeletedUser

yes!

moved to improvement

please continue to collaborate on this idea

DeletedUser24321

I suggest a different approach: Add a checkbox in the attack dialog that says something like "I know this is an alliance member and I'm sure I want to attack". If you don't check the box, everything's as now, if you check it, the attack is launched without confirmation.

I like this idea aswell, you'd have to still check the box every time you attack an alliance member though, which means the extra click isn't removed. It does improve on the ability of timing though.

Wether it's an option like this or an option in the Settings menu, I like both. Anyone have any other ideas/opinions?

DeletedUser

I like the intent of this idea, several times I have forgotten that this popup would happen and I have missed the timing I wanted. Either suggested implementation would be good. I vote yes.

DeletedUser19043

I like it.
I've cost my team about 2 cities before because of the pop up. I just wish I'd remembered it popped up. It should be an option though. Or there could be a pop up box in the corner saying that you are attacking your alliance member just to let you know. So the attack is launched and you will get a mini box saying you are attacking your own alliance member.

DeletedUser31931

I am stuck on this idea, I agree that it is annoying, but it is rather easy to choose the wrong target and accidentally attack the wrong person. Maybe add a feature that says "do not show again"

Last edited by a moderator: