Conflicts????

DeletedUser48572

and now you try to cover up those wounds with gold...a sad....sad existence.

DeletedUser

I thought Scottie Pippen went bankrupt, clearly Erik is still able to cough up cash for gold ;)

DeletedUser

Absolutely correct.... however there is much more to the game...and succeeding here

The game is not just about individuals and left clicking.... its about alliances -so Organization, Diplomacy, Op Planning & Execution, Inspiring and leading a team... and a million other small things
In my post I was talking solely about the greatness of a single player in game, nothing else. When it comes to leaders its a whole different story, leadership role in this game is a hard and tedious work and you need tons of commitment, not to mention you need to be good at both internal and external diplomacy and have to find the time to actually play the game in between those dozens of PMs, Skype messages and other issues you need to deal with.

DeletedUser

I thought Scottie Pippen went bankrupt, clearly Erik is still able to cough up cash for gold ;)

Ryan,mate,have a look at the thread about the Inno trick about gold and tell me who is mostly complaining;)
Don't throw stones if your own house is of glass;)

DeletedUser38465

In my post I was talking solely about the greatness of a single player in game, nothing else. When it comes to leaders its a whole different story, leadership role in this game is a hard and tedious work and you need tons of commitment, not to mention you need to be good at both internal and external diplomacy and have to find the time to actually play the game in between those dozens of PMs, Skype messages and other issues you need to deal with.

thumbs up

DeletedUser46853

I agree

DeletedUser36743

Correct....i guess we are on the same page....the reason i brought those facets in was coz normally most of us look at the persona of the player....and decide on where we want to place him/her on the success/failure scale...which is really a mix of individual and these vital traits...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ryan,mate,have a look at the thread about the Inno trick about gold and tell me who is mostly complaining;)
Don't throw stones if your own house is of glass;)

Not really following the logic here. So what if Erik complains about the price of gold going up....that is like some morbidly obese glutton complaining when McDonalds raises the price of a Big Mac, they're still eating more than anyone else.

DeletedUser47953

There is a very simple formula to winning in Grepolis and huge amounts of gold are not part of it:

1) Communication - Alliance with clean forums and clear communication lines and being able to ask for help from others...

2) Resources - Sit down for hours a day and do 5 min demands

3) Aggression - Be willing to lose your precious pixels and precious cities to take someone else's precious pixels and precious cities.

It's as easy as 1,2,3, ABC, baby you and me...

Happy Hunting! :pro:

Edit:

Failures based on the above:

1) Failure to Communicate - Whether it be players who never post or PM or just a crappy noob forum. If you cannot communicate with your allies... You fail...

2) Failure to get Resources - All the gold in the world won't buy you resources except maybe some event buffs for resources. Basically, you can only build when you have resources... If you don't get resources... You fail...

3) Failure to be Aggressive - You have to make enemies fear you... Sitting around building your precious city to 2 special buildings before you get a 2nd or 5th city is not going to make anyone fear you... You must come out of BP attacking everyone not in your alliance on your island and you MUST win those fights. After that, you MUST attack other islands and beat everyone around you into fearing to even spy you... If you do not act in an Aggressive manner... You fail...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

2) Failure to get Resources - All the gold in the world won't buy you resources except maybe some event buffs for resources.

and welcome to gold trading in en82....everything else you say is correct -this part has in a way now forever changed resources/gold correlation and was the one thing that did infact clamp on gws getting so far ahead.

DeletedUser

Not really following the logic here. So what if Erik complains about the price of gold going up....that is like some morbidly obese glutton complaining when McDonalds raises the price of a Big Mac, they're still eating more than anyone else.

ryan,most of gold abusers are in your alliance,not in ours;)
so do not use the gold argument:)
you will have against a lot in your alliance-including yourself:d

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos

You see it from a wrong perspective, i will have the same but other not :(
I like a challenge....

lol, just kidding,...

DeletedUser

Hey guys I'm kind of late to the party on this world and on the rim. Just curious to any wars, events or drama that might be going on in this world. TUS and Fluff seem pretty good to me. A peaceful world is a boring World.

Well going back on topic I guess,
Tus + TuNs + AE vs Coming Soon/Later/After + Alpha et Omega 1,2,3 + Black List + Holy Mortis Empire

1:5 seems like a fair ratio to me. :)

DeletedUser23971

ryan,most of gold abusers are in your alliance,not in ours;)
so do not use the gold argument:)
you will have against a lot in your alliance-including yourself:d

I am unaware of anyone in our alliance completing the Battle of Troy within 24 hours :eek:

DeletedUser32487

Well going back on topic I guess,
Tus + TuNs + AE vs Coming Soon/Later/After + Alpha et Omega 1,2,3 + Black List + Holy Mortis Empire

1:5 seems like a fair ratio to me. :)

You have left two more alliances out of this........ That's fighting for your side.

DeletedUser

You have left two more alliances out of this........ That's fighting for your side.

Perhaps only PM considers them allies and not vice versa,lol

Btw,where is your usual arrogance SD?
Actually not the only one;)

DeletedUser44912

There is a very simple formula to winning in Grepolis and huge amounts of gold are not part of it:

1) Communication - Alliance with clean forums and clear communication lines and being able to ask for help from others...

2) Resources - Sit down for hours a day and do 5 min demands

3) Aggression - Be willing to lose your precious pixels and precious cities to take someone else's precious pixels and precious cities.

It's as easy as 1,2,3, ABC, baby you and me...

Happy Hunting! :pro:

Edit:

Failures based on the above:

1) Failure to Communicate - Whether it be players who never post or PM or just a crappy noob forum. If you cannot communicate with your allies... You fail...

2) Failure to get Resources - All the gold in the world won't buy you resources except maybe some event buffs for resources. Basically, you can only build when you have resources... If you don't get resources... You fail...

3) Failure to be Aggressive - You have to make enemies fear you... Sitting around building your precious city to 2 special buildings before you get a 2nd or 5th city is not going to make anyone fear you... You must come out of BP attacking everyone not in your alliance on your island and you MUST win those fights. After that, you MUST attack other islands and beat everyone around you into fearing to even spy you... If you do not act in an Aggressive manner... You fail...

I totally agree with your points, but you're not telling me that being able to build a wall from Level 0 to Level 10 or more in 2 hours is down to Communication, Resources or Aggression, or being able to accelerate buildings and reduce recruitment times is down to your three points. I would say that the biggest factor is time - if you can play 24/7, then you're on a winner!! :) :)