Confused with Gods and Favor

DeletedUser

First: I got the same God in two cities. I get favor only from one of them - why? shall it not be added? it is unlogic!!!
Second: stupid stuff - changing this God in one of the city (with smaller tample level) cause the favor got lost from this God! - why? there is still other city with this God? - egain - total unlogic for me!

Is this a bug?

DeletedUser

Nope it's not, If you have two cities worshiping the same god ,the production will be lessen(i think, check the wiki for confirmation), and when you switch gods, you will lose all the favor that you gain. And also it's not illogical.

DeletedUser

Greetings, Jarema.

When you change your God in a city, you loose all the favour, troops and mythical units obtained from your previous God. Well, this is logical, as you are not favouring that God... So why should he/she provide you all that stuff ? :D

And yes, if we worship the same God in 2 cities, the favour production would be less.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol true

Don't worship same god in your first cities as favor production will be less

Favor is calculated as the square root of all your all your added temple levels for the God you worship. i.e, you have 3 cities worshiping Zeus with temple levels 25, 13 and 19. Your favor for Zeus will then be the square root of 25+13+19 or 7.5/hour.

Formula: Game speed x (square root of (building levels + devine statues)

Example 2: So lets say you have one level 25 temple, one lvl 14 temple and one divine statue(statue counts as 5 levels) on a speed 1 world. The formula would be:

= Game speed(1) x (square root of (25 +14 +5))

= Game speed(1) x (square root of 44)

= Game speed(1) x 6.6

= 1 x 6.6

= 6.6 favor per hour

DeletedUser

Greetings, Jarema.

When you change your God in a city, you loose all the favour, troops and mythical units obtained from your previous God. Well, this is logical, as you are not favouring that God... So why should he/she provide you all that stuff ? :D

And yes, if we worship the same God in 2 cities, the favour production would be less.

it is simple - because I have changed the God only in one city so the second SHALL still favouring the old God. For me it is absolutly unlogic - if two or more cities (got 6 of them) favour the same god there should be a bonus and not penalty from the god... and if one of the city change the god the penalty should be guilty only for this one city....
and the unlogical stuff is - I don't see any possibilty to change God to nothing...maybe if I demolish temple... but it is not realy good gameplay as it is

DeletedUser

if two or more cities (got 6 of them) favour the same god there should be a bonus and not penalty from the god..
This is there to avoid big players getting advantage against small players
Imagine a situation where a player has hundred cities worshiping many gods,what if this setting won't be there ?

DeletedUser

it is simple - because I have changed the God only in one city so the second SHALL still favouring the old God. For me it is absolutly unlogic - if two or more cities (got 6 of them) favour the same god there should be a bonus and not penalty from the god... and if one of the city change the god the penalty should be guilty only for this one city....
and the unlogical stuff is - I don't see any possibilty to change God to nothing...maybe if I demolish temple... but it is not realy good gameplay as it is

While it is perhaps not the best system, it is made perfectly clear that you will lose all favour when you do so. The Temple text will tell you this very clearly, so it is your responsibility to read that and understand what will happen when you do it. It's just a part of the game that you get used to after a while.

As for changing your God to nothing, you are right there is no option for doing so.. which is understandable, because there is no reason for you to want to do so. Getting favour for any God is better than getting it for no God.

DeletedUser

I have a question... if I build mythical units under one God, then switch to another, will I use the mythical units I had under the old God?

DeletedUser14283

You have one city yeah?

So say if you had Hera in your city and you built some Medusa. If you change your God in your city to say Hades your Medusa would disappear because the myth unit would no longer be the same as the God.

Also, you can only support other cities with myths if they have the same god as the myth unit. So if you have Hera and the other player does as well that is all good :) But say if you have Hera and they have Hades your myth units would return. Of course they can also change god to match the myth units :)

I'd also advise that you send myth units separate from normal units if you send them as support. Mainly because if the God isnt the same or changed your whole army of defence troops would return home, not just your myths :)

DeletedUser

Gods are not logical.... they are fickle, mean and short tempered....

Any time a temple is taken from a god they get angry and rip ALL favor away from the player (king) in question.

You have insulted the god/goddess and you must start earning their favor all over again.

A bit like a girlfriend... only in a toga.

DeletedUser

I have a question... if I build mythical units under one God, then switch to another, will I use the mythical units I had under the old God?

Yes.... like above.... the god or goddess will call them "home"... as a punishment for the insult you've given them by changes gods.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the help :)
Mythical units seem kinda pointless now haha - not as worth it as they first appeared :(

DeletedUser14283

It depends on your personal preference really. Hades Cerberus are extremely good for defense whereas Poseidon's Hyrdas arent really worth it. All depends on what you want the myth units for :)

DeletedUser

They're like fireworks.... really cool to look at and think about... but in the end, they just don't get the laundry done.... ya know?

(exception - pegasus are GREAT for fast support for your cities - but limited to only supporting Athena cities... in a crisis I've changed a city's god to Athena (after spending my available favor on the god I'm about to offend) just so I can support the city under siege with my pegasus).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gods are not logical.... they are fickle, mean and short tempered....

Any time a temple is taken from a god they get angry and rip ALL favor away from the player (king) in question.

You have insulted the god/goddess and you must start earning their favor all over again.

A bit like a girlfriend... only in a toga.

Except in the case of Grepolis, you get to see others on the side and your first god is apparently none-the-wiser. Even if you replace him or her, he or she will always come back.

DeletedUser

The new city I just conquered was already worshiping Hades. I already had two other cities that also worship Hades..Since I now have 11 cities I wanted to change the new one to worship Hera. In the new city and one of the other cities there are no mythical creatures created but in one I have an LC nuke with 70 of the new Devine Envoy units. I know they will worship any god but if they were created while in a city that worshiped Hades and I change from Hades in another city, will it affect the units and destroy the Devine Envoy units the city which will still worship Hades. I have already lost units before from changing gods as well as favor so I don't want to screw up again.

DeletedUser

Doubt it! I will try for you seeing as that's a considerable amount. Check back in 15 mins.

Actually I put them into construction and changed gods, nothing happened. Go for it.

DeletedUser

If you change the god in your new city your Hades favor will go down to 0. All the myth units in other cities from Hades will remain since only the myth units in the city you change gods will disappear. Since you don't have any myth units in the city you will change gods no myth units will be lost.