Congratulations Inno on finally killing Grepo.

DeletedUser42857

Spartan Assassin, the event that will be remembered as the one that finally purseuded people to leave grepo in their droves.

Congratulations Inno.

Lets get the basics. In a desperate quest for more money you offered three of the most powerful offensive units, Manticores, Erinyes, and Harpies at a stupidly low cost, that basically any player can stock up to silly level, and any gold user can stock up to completely insane levels.

This was nothing more than a cynical attempt to make money.

At no point did it ever occur to you to offer defensive units, Boars, Centaurs perhaps as buffs to even things out, no thought of adding Archer or Sword re-inforcement as buffs to even things out?

Well done, on shifting the balance of the game totally and effectively killing off the game.

Im seeing players, experienced players, good players, who have every single on of their cities in revolt. Not because they cant defend, not because they are not good players, but because there really isnt a lot you can do when all your cities are hit with 5-6 Manticore nukes, all you can do is build defence and hope they dont have enough free city spots.

(But of course, with all the bp the mantis are picking up, and the heightened senses you can buy for nowt with gold) city spots arent exactly in short supply.

Youve changed the game, introduced huge mythical nukes into the servers half way through, towards the end, at the start of worlds and totally upset the balance in favor of those who have the money to spend, and youve done it all to line your pockets.

I wont be spending another penny on this game, and im sure there are a lot like me, but dont worry, there will always be those who will spend money to instabuild a city, or instabuild units, or buy themselves nukes rather than building them.

Its a shame, and only Inno can be blamed. Cant fault they players or alliances on any world. They can only play with whats in front of them. But youve created a game where skill becomes secondary to finances.

As said, you can have the greatest player in all of grepo, they can have 50 cities, but when you send 10 Manticore nukes at every city there is only so much they can do. Dodge, let the revolt happen, and stop the cs.

Youve ruined the game Inno. Instabuild/Instarecruit, going back on gold trading which actually levelled the playing field, spinning us nonsense about how you were going to revamp the endgame, and more and more events that just widen the gap between the haves and have nots. Events that not only flood the game with huge amounts of offence (which is not what we signed up for), but also by the rewards effectively speed up the worlds (speed 4 goes up to speed 6).

How about the legal perspective? When I signed up for and paid money to inno to play a speed 4 world, we entered into a contract. By effectively turning that into a speed 6 world for 5 weeks (community rewards), they have not provided the product purchased. . You cannot simply change the rules half way through worlds. Just as many signed up to play a game of skill, where experience and ability counted for something. Not to play a game where you can buy myth nukes as much as you like. You have not actually delivered the product that people signed up for.

Frankly, I hope you go bust on your butts. You wont be getting any more of my money.

Honestly, i think you know grepo is dying, and you are just milking it for what you can, while you can.

Its a shame, met some great people playing this game, but the people who make the game? Bunch of *****

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Spartan Assassin, the event that will be remembered as the one that finally purseuded people to leave grepo in their droves.

Youve ruined the game Inno. Frankly, I hope you go bust on your butts. You wont be getting any more of my money.

The easter event was a LOT worse... But I guess this means we wont see you here again. If we do, this post loses a lot of credibilty.

DeletedUser42857

The easter event was a LOT worse... But I guess this means we wont see you here again. If we do, this post loses a lot of credibilty.

Disagree. Easter Event was ingredient based, and to get the decent rewards would cost a lot more, and the buffs were much lower. There were also things like Neireds to fast build birs, motivation to make recruitment quicker,
so actually no, although still unbalanced there was a lot more control.

And you should learn to read. I said they will not be getting any more of my money. Where does that say Im not allowed to post anymore.

I dont give a flying fig about whos gaining cities, whos losing cities, i care about the game being fun to play, and there being a level of skill in it. Really doesnt take any skill to click on the FREE MANTICORE button, a monkey could manage that.

That said, if Easter was worse, that just highlights what a bunch of money grabbing people inno have turned into doesnt it :D

DeletedUser41523

I think this one is better than easter. I definitely cranked out more Manti, horse, sling, and LS nukes on easter than I have here. this event is just silly though. It's silly because when this one ends, the Halloween event starts shortly after. This is a cash cow and nothing more.

DeletedUser25249

Yeah revolt servers would suck big time right now, as youd be nervous on where to defend, atleast in conquest those same benefits kill enemy cs.
When i first played this game you had to plan and be organised in attacking, now you can just charge on and if the victim doesnt have deep pockets your good, inno are on the decline no doubt cause just looking at the acropolis all you see is petitions and anger at how this game has become a money spinner.

DeletedUser41523

I think of it like this...Why is there an event that will end 3 weeks or less before the Halloween event starts? I don't necessarily think the game is dying. But I think that if I had to build 90% DLU in towns and only plan on pushing my fronts on non-gold using alliances or in now the very few months without an event, then the game will be dead soon. Since Halloween we have had an event touching 7 months so far I believe. There will have been an event for 10/12 months since last Halloween. Bottom line, time to give it a rest. I don't mind events like Spartan Assassin when they offer regular units, or resources, or spells as a reward. But keep the harpy and manti nukes to just Easter and Halloween if you ask me.

Anyone else think they're trying to do this to make up for "warfare packages" getting slapped down by the community?

And yeah defending on revolt would suck. Heart goes out to you all.

DeletedUser25249

I might get de repped for this but maybe that silly 30% def buff might be a good idea, just 5 mins ago i lost around 3k dlu to harpies and got 2k bp for my troubles, thing is those 149 harpi i defeated will be ready to roll again in 12 hrs, my dlu will take days...anyway

DeletedUser41523

On the bright side you can spam hoplites for cheaper than their harpies. Down side being if an Erns nuke is on island.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, a player with less that 2,000 points hit me with 48manticores the morning and he's not even out of Beginners protection...

DeletedUser31385

Events are just money grabs. Inno makes more of them so they can milk the cows more often. The abuse on this is outrageous. Basically the same thing as warfare packages.

DeletedUser48696

At the end of the day, Inno is a business and wants to make money. This is a great game but it does seem that they care more about their money than their players.
If I remember correctly, when I first played in Epsilon it was nowhere near as gold driven as it is now. It's all greed, modern society and culture has hit us..

Thankfully, I'm out in the rim on my main world, and I haven't been hit with any nukes nor have any of my alliance members.. Must be something that mainly affects the guys around the core..

DeletedUser29066

Events are just money grabs. Inno makes more of them so they can milk the cows more often. The abuse on this is outrageous. Basically the same thing as warfare packages.

Perhaps the cows should start a petition demanding less frequent milking. Since they won't listen to their human user base maybe some bovine intervention is called for.

DeletedUser48021

The first few months on Taras things were totally screwed up due to all the flyers.
I stopped using gold when they introduced instabuy.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the cows should start a petition demanding less frequent milking. Since they won't listen to their human user base maybe some bovine intervention is called for.

They wont listen to anybody but their accountants right now, we are just numbers on a spreadsheet and Inno would rather ruin the game in finding anyway possible to increase their profit margins than listen to their customers

Basically they dont care about the quality of life of the cow and will still be squeezing it for that extra drop of milk whilst the vet puts it down.

DeletedUser

yes of course they don't care because inno is a business. of course they don't care how non- paying players enjoy the game because if we leave it saves them money. yeah I think people who spends lots on gold are sad because they are not really good players but you have to understand without them inno would simply close the game down. deal with it we live in a capitalist society where having more money means you get a better life. if you want to complain for vote for the British Communist party.