Congratulations Lindos!

DeletedUser

Hello everyone!

I want to begin by saying, congratulations! The world has finished building all 7 wonders, many finishing within hours of another alliance completion. For a world that has had such a chaotic and quirky development, I think it is a testament to the dedication and conviction of every player on this world that now sees all the wonders built, and that deserves praise, as well as reward.

For those who don't know me, or haven't kept up with the forums- my goal and single purpose throughout the course of Lindos was to have fun. To give the very best options to those players who have decided to work alongside me, and to always show respect to those who are working against me (it is just a game after all). Today however, I am not here to entreat or work for just FE- rather I am here to present an idea for the whole of Lindos.

This world has divided itself into coalitions- sister alliances and allies supporting each other so that their friends can win the 4/7 achievement- and maybe, hopefully they can find themselves in a position to share the 7/7 crown with their entire coalition. For those who don't know the system- the first alliance (40 people) to build 4/7 wonders is considered the "winner" of the world and each individual name is recorded on the hall of fame. The world will remain open however, and players can try to fight for the 7/7 award which gives you the crown in your profile. This crown however, is available to anyone who is part of an alliance that builds all 7 wonders- and the purpose for my message.

Everyone has worked so hard- they have dedicated themselves to this world despite all outcomes and I am awestruck by that passion. Because at present no alliance has a true shot at 7/7, I wish to offer this- I want to achieve something that do my knowledge hasn't been done- and give the ENTIRE world of Lindos the crown.

There is a process that allows for an alliance to build all 7 wonders, and break 1 wonder to invite different people, rebuild it and then give them all the crown. As there are so many sister and brother alliances connected to a world wonder alliance, I assume this was everyone's plan for their individual coalition to begin with, however I wish to expand that to the entire world- friends and opponents alike. I have spoken with a small group of leaders and players through out the world to propose this idea, but the time is appropriate to lay it before everyone.

I know many will say, but :pro:! Where is the war!?

The war has been playing on and on for the last year- it has seen some brilliant encounters and some great alliances rise, and fall. Now is the time to appreciate what the world of Lindos was for everyone, and to achieve something great for everyone!
I cannot say how terrific it has been to play alongside each and every one of you, and for that I say thank you, thank you, and ever thank you. You each deserve something for having worked so hard, so please- do not let this world shut down with nothing- let's make this a final salute to the pleasure and joy we have all shared together, and a good bye as we move to our next worlds.

DeletedUser

For the details:

In my small correspondences, and presumably from reading the above post- there are going to be some negative feedback. Some will think I am only trying to get myself the achievements- some will refuse to want to work with others... and so on and so forth.

I will be honest, part of the motivation is selfish- I wish to ensure the members of FE get something. It's tough bringing a single alliance to a gang fight and the truth of the situation is we have no shot at going 4/7 to say nothing of 7/7. I take this fact completely to my own fault by refusing to have a sister or academy alliance, because I don't like telling people they are not on equal footing. The truth of Grepolis is that only 1 alliance (40 people) can have the 4/7 achievement, and I never wanted to relegate players to helping us for nothing but a chance at the crown.

That being said- I would love to see a combined alliance get the 4/7. As time unfolds I will continue my dialogue with leaders around Lindos, and try to hammer out details to make this happen. And I wish to make something very clear- IF a deal is made where a 4/7 combined alliance is created- I will not take part in it.

Trust will be a very difficult thing with all of this- I know, and to show my interests are not in my own- I will have not be a member of the 40 members within the 4/7 alliance.

The above are my motives. Simply put- to give something to everyone who has worked so hard and who has stuck with this crazy server through it all.

I hope that explains things from my situation at least a little better. Please feel free to pm me with any questions, or to troll at length in the forums!

DeletedUser24285

Cy - you are a great player and as such I assume that you must have a cunning plan that you are not revealing here.

I don't believe that you or any of the other great players would ever propose a system where everyone is a winner - because if everyone is a winner, then everyone is also a looser. This is what Karl Marx used to convince everyone that we are all equal and all can share in the wealth created by all. Complete and utter rubbish (as you well know) - all may be equal but it is necessary that some are more equal than others!

DeletedUser

It's generous of you Font, but the truth is, there is no cunning plan.

I'll share some of the details that have been going out based on conversations of the MM I sent earlier.

whats the plan?

Cyaphas today at 17:24
In short:

The plan will be to create an alliance made up of members from many alliances that wins 4/7. From there we will create each wonder so the alliance then earns 7/7 that are owned by maybe 20 members of that first alliance.

From there, you simply kick out the 20 extra members, plus someone on a single ww island leaves the alliance- this will break the WW returning it to level 10. We re-invite that member on the WW islands and we invite 20 new players from other alliances. The wonder is rebuilt, and all those members receive the 7/7 crown and achievement.

Then rinse and repeat.

***** today at 17:26
so for bigger fish than me?
-----------on my own, no help lol
but never mind

Cyaphas today at 17:27
All players from the world would be invited slowly but surely into the 7/7 alliance so they can at least get the crown and 7/7 achieve.

That includes you and your alliance.

Please note, this is just a rough plan, the numbers are relative to the system- just the context and execution.

DeletedUser

Some additional responses:

lz1j.png
p9nc.png
vbp3.png

The following is a conversation- This kind of mentality is very unfortunate, and as I mention in the PM, while I can understand this view, I think it is untrue and very limited.

Images are to be read, bottom to top just like your inbox.

th1x.png
a45i.png
0utk.png

As you can see, there is quite a varied reaction.

And note- none of these responses are from members of Final Exam.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Shameful,ridiculous idea

As I responded in your pm of the exact same wording-

As you wish. Your opinion is of course yours to have, though odd you would feel so stirred to say something, yet unwilling to explain.

I did want to share another response. One that, while similar in content, at least spent the time to explain when prompted.

yan6.png

And my response-

5v3q.png

DeletedUser

sharing pm/msg with the public inforum just show what kind of ppl you are..
and still it's the lamest dumbest plan lol.

dare you to reveal those names you covered.. :p

DeletedUser31450

I didnt read any of that, dont really have time, but this is a ridiculous idea, i usually agree/support/like your ideas CY, but this one, I am strongly against, doing this, will end the world, and make it boring till it closes, if someone wants to crown, they must fight and work for it like everyone else is doing.

DeletedUser

Sharing the pm's is simply a way to expand the conversation and demonstrate the incredible variety of responses. Calm down little troll. And the names are covered because who sent it is less important that the content of each and I'm not interested in any backlash that members might take for having a less popular opinion. Those who take issue with the idea are welcome to flame me- but leave the rest out of it.

Stwl, always nice to see you. And as you can see, you aren't the only one to feel this way, haha.

As I've made mention before, it's certainly not a surprise that so many are not all right with the notion, but it is what it is. Though it is worth noting- that ending the world is a primary reason for doing it haha. I agree that there is an incredible amount of effort that must go into winning the crown, and personally I feel the last year+ has been that effort and that work.

This solution is simply one possible route that leads to a favorable outcome for more than just a select few. But again, to each their own.

DeletedUser

I would have to dissagree with this idea.IMO it would take away from the spirit of the game by giveing something that has been fought for and worked for.Remember this is a war game and in war there are only winners and loosers,the winners takes home the prize,the loosers gets to try again later.

DeletedUser

I would have to dissagree with this idea.IMO it would take away from the spirit of the game by giveing something that has been fought for and worked for.Remember this is a war game and in war there are only winners and loosers,the winners takes home the prize,the loosers gets to try again later.

An admitted truth. Yes it is a war game, and I still feel that the winners are the alliance that obtains the 4/7 award as that truly can be only one alliance.

But as the crown allows itself to be shared, I do believe that it is a nice way of respecting those who have played together for so long. That is of course simply one way of looking at it, just as yours in one way.

Mine just appears to be less popular, :D

DeletedUser

We all have our own opinion's on such matters :). That is what makes this what it is,a place where we can cast our ideas weather there good or not.

DeletedUser

I don't believe everyone should win. Everything that is wrong with today's society of "Participation" awards and coddling of youth. If you don't win, you lose. If you can't accept that, don't play the game.

DeletedUser23673

I dont post in forums but I feel I have express my opinion here!

The truth is there wont be any winner in this world! Nor PC nor DJ or FE or NF. Very slight chance for getting 4/7 award goes for PC but as I see the situation in DJ camp they stand strong and it would be almost impossible if not unreal for Cats to do something there! Also other teams participation in taking out any wonder everywhere in this world is very low so its more or less unlikely that any of already built wonders will ever get taken!

Everyone who has built their wonders have a very large presence in area of WW`s and possible CS with a really low notification times cant be sent unless lots of cities are founded around any wonder but as mentioned above there are nor participation in this nor resources to hold many founded cities for enough time to build up CS!

What I am trying to say is - this world will slowly die with no winners unless we come up with a plan where we all work together! But maybe thats better, as if no one wins no one loses as well!

Happy gaming everyone! :)

DeletedUser

dont help the fact that DJ are abusing vacation mode and got 1 player to take 19 cities on their wonder island and then activate vacation so that there is only 1 possible city we can even attack. if DJ really were standing strong and thought they could hold their wonder they wouldnt have done this.

that being said. Me and many others will be here till the day we get all 7 wonders or till the server closes. vacation can only last so long and eventually we will be able to take a city. although would be better if inno fixed it so you cant abuse the game feature this way.

even if we were willing to consider this idea which most are not. an alliance doing a yellow belly stunt like this dont deserve to get a crown. And Id rather no one get a crown then someone that dont deserve it getting it. and many feel the same way.

DeletedUser

As you said it only lasts so long. I have to say, as soon as I saw the cities start turning, it was pretty obvious what the plan was. I'm rather amused by it, truthfully.

Additionally, once vmode is activated there is a 48 hr period where all they can do is log in and post(I'm sure many are aware of this fact)- if you notice it in time you can send within this window and they can't cancel vmode. If you wanted to siege, all the defending player could do was ask for support and stack. So, an op against multiple cities where they are set up for an offensive WW plan to reverse a cs primarily- IMO the best chance to hit was when they activated vmode and it was actually a bit of a gamble on their part.

So atm it's a stalemate.

Seeing that Silver Cats are so determined to get all 7 wonders- I'm curious what you will do next. If not Dj's WW, then who's?

DeletedUser23673

Well Cyaphas in this case there are not much choises either FE or NF :D

DeletedUser23673

even if we were willing to consider this idea which most are not. an alliance doing a yellow belly stunt like this dont deserve to get a crown. And Id rather no one get a crown then someone that dont deserve it getting it. and many feel the same way.

I really agree with you on this - this was so coward action from DJ side that now I think they are the one who dont deserve anything but defeat. No crowns for them! :)

DeletedUser

As you said it only lasts so long. I have to say, as soon as I saw the cities start turning, it was pretty obvious what the plan was. I'm rather amused by it, truthfully.

Additionally, once vmode is activated there is a 48 hr period where all they can do is log in and post(I'm sure many are aware of this fact)- if you notice it in time you can send within this window and they can't cancel vmode. If you wanted to siege, all the defending player could do was ask for support and stack. So, an op against multiple cities where they are set up for an offensive WW plan to reverse a cs primarily- IMO the best chance to hit was when they activated vmode and it was actually a bit of a gamble on their part.

So atm it's a stalemate.

Seeing that Silver Cats are so determined to get all 7 wonders- I'm curious what you will do next. If not Dj's WW, then who's?

The cities were all swapped over less then a day before VM kicked in. guessing they sent from long range so they could activate VM and cities wouldnt be theirs till the 48hrs was almost over and so no one would notice till to late.

as far as getting the 7 wonders DJs WW is the only one that really matters. if we cant get that then getting any others dont matter anyway. rest of the alliances with wonders are not enemies so once DJs is taken we should be able to diplomatically work something out with any others still standing.

Im expecting it to take a few months before we need to figure that out anyway.