ConkeyDongs Fireside Lounge

DeletedUser

Drink up SON! It seems there are troubled times in the Kingdom

DeletedUser

Hey, Conkey

Based on your immaturity, I'm guessing you're younger than most of this forum's major contributors, so stop callin' everyone "son".

...stop bein a wangster.

YOLO

DeletedUser

How about you stop telling people what to do!

As for the term 'son' it is a slang term for a friend or homie, nothing demeaning there from me. I recommend you get out and interact with people. For the word 'son' to me is not a father and a son term, it is a positive slang term for a close friend. I explained that to you a couple months ago, look it up in urbandictionary.com if you want.

As for age, you seem to be the only one stuck on my age in this forum.

as for a wangster, ha, personally I would never use YOLO. I also don't claim to know or think I know your background or your up bringing, so, please don't act as if you might know mine.

But I am fine with you using whatever term you like because I am not here to tell people what to do, I am not a freedom oppressor like yourself.

This is a fireside lounge for drinks and the lighter side of gaming. If you can't have fun or say something nice, then make your own lounge of you.

DeletedUser

Looking at urban dictionary "son" you are right in that some of the definitions stand for friend. But also many of them are a derogatory and are used to talk down to people!

As this is all being typed and you can't tell someones tone how about you don't use it at all, mate.

muhvi

Phrourach
Looking at urban dictionary "son" you are right in that some of the definitions stand for friend. But also many of them are a derogatory and are used to talk down to people!

As this is all being typed and you can't tell someones tone how about you don't use it at all, mate.

Great research, son.

DeletedUser

There are 36 definitions on urban dictionary. The top 2 or the most popular accepted versions of the word 'son' are positive. The majority are positive. Meaning more people DO view it as a positive term. Of the 36, there are 12 versions that are derogatory; of those 12 more than 6 are 'thumbs down' and not generally accepted. Whereas the top 2 definitions have over an 80% approval rating and those are the ones that are viewed as a positive.

@muhvi, there's some real research.

AS for being typed you are correct, you might not know how someone is using it, but I have repeated multiple times that I use it as a friendly term. At least with Mr. Argos I have.

You don't see me getting "butt-hurt" with you using the word 'mate', which in my friend circle is a sexual partner(which you and I are not), but you may be from the UK or the land Down Under, so I get that you are probably using it as slang or a traditional greeting.

Everyone comes from different walks of life, when in question it's best to ask than assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There are 36 definitions on urban dictionary.

...and I assure you each of those definitions rely on context, not literal meaning. As for the term "mate"...well Grepo has a lot more Brits than wiggers, so it's obviously more accepted. I naturally hear a derogatory tone when someone says "mate", but I know better simply from playing the game. Americans are the minority. Rarely do I hear somebody say "son" unless they're rappin' (which nowadays is synonymous with talkin' smack and bragging about your bling instead of lyrical poetry).

Let's see if we can get it up to three pages? :p

DeletedUser

You nailed my point Mr.Argos. Thank you. Context, location, demographics. As for rap, go Hip-hop or underground and you will find the lyrical poetry that you are missing. Mainstream just doesn't have it, at all.

DeletedUser

guys seriously......

what does this mean?....there is nothing offensive here to moderate, and I don't find it a coincidence you only speak up when Orestes seems to get frustrated when things don't go his way

At least someone is talking about something in here for a change

EDIT: may I have a list of what we can talk about

DeletedUser

You nailed my point Mr.Argos. Thank you. Context, location, demographics. As for rap, go Hip-hop or underground and you will find the lyrical poetry that you are missing. Mainstream just doesn't have it, at all.

Can I get another whiskey son?

DeletedUser

Nice to see FOTNS poke his head back in here. I trust life is good as a Titan?

okdie, FOTNS is not my lap dog and he does not fight my battles for me. His position is above our petty concerns in this dying world. As far as me "having my way", I'm not quite sure what you're referring to? I'm not even active, but it's great that I can still stir things up so easily.

DeletedUser

what does this mean?....there is nothing offensive here to moderate, and I don't find it a coincidence you only speak up when Orestes seems to get frustrated when things don't go his way

At least someone is talking about something in here for a change

EDIT: may I have a list of what we can talk about

You know you are just making yourself just sound ridiculous, right? He is obviously asking Really? in terms of the bickering that continues in our worlds fourms. And people like you who keep these foolish conversations going on and on for know reason and with no direction. As for your list, i dont think you should be aloud to talk about anything; But hey thats just personal choice not trying to offend your choice to freedom of speech.

DeletedUser

You know you are just making yourself just sound ridiculous, right? He is obviously asking Really? in terms of the bickering that continues in our worlds fourms. And people like you who keep these foolish conversations going on and on for know reason and with no direction. As for your list, i dont think you should be aloud to talk about anything; But hey thats just personal choice not trying to offend your choice to freedom of speech.

without "bickering and foolish conversations" why do we have an external forum ?...your level of seriousness is what's ridiculous tbh

I only mess with the ones who can take it, and I am confident Orestes or FOTNS haven't lost any sleep over my comments

I will continue to be sarcastic and keep these "foolish conversations" going, and that's the safest bet in town my friend

DeletedUser

There are better ways to stir up activity than running your mouth, okdie...just a thought.

DeletedUser

I won't argue with that statement, but I like to mix in a little substance once in awhile.