Conquer a Mod Competition (Pseira Edition)

1saaa

Strategos
I've never been a competent conquest player on any level but for me personally revolt is less stressful than conquest which, makes playing it more enjoyable. This is mostly because I'm not an amazing grepolis player though.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Hmmm actually, in my opinion... the complete opposite. Pacing in CQ is much slower as city takeover and OPs are much harder to attain on an active target. Is not uncommon for OPs in Revolt to yield 50+ city exchanges in a 12h timeframe. Something you very rarely see in CQ. Not to mention you 100% get punished if you aren't active and communicative in revolt. Remember... CQ ppl have live feeds... Revolt players have no said luxury lol. But again, that's just my opinion, from someone who enjoys both game modes :)

I think it depends how you play either conquest or revolt. Ive played both seriously and I can honestly say that if you dont have a lot of pacts in revolt it can be far more stressful than conquest. I remember working in shifts with 2 other guys to coordinate defence for 4 days because we had revolts on 3 fronts - so many that all we could do was try to semi defend them.

Sniping a cs is a lot harder in revolt when theres loads of incoming and you dont see when they all start.

DeletedUser56553

I think it depends how you play either conquest or revolt. Ive played both seriously and I can honestly say that if you dont have a lot of pacts in revolt it can be far more stressful than conquest. I remember working in shifts with 2 other guys to coordinate defence for 4 days because we had revolts on 3 fronts - so many that all we could do was try to semi defend them.

Sniping a cs is a lot harder in revolt when theres loads of incoming and you dont see when they all start.
If I'm not mistaken every movement model has also timestamp when it was sent so any guy experienced with a little bit of Javascript can find out travel time of every movement. :)

1saaa

Strategos
I for one am shocked at how little faith you have in my skills. I will have you know that my 10 swords and 6 slingers now have an additional 3 divine envoys to better help guard my city against interlopers. Not to mention my glorious level 3 wall.
I dunno Baudin. Just something tells me that you're the squishy one ;)

If you need tips on how to be a bad player and not get rimmed just PM me in game ;)

DeletedUser57118

Can you tell us the point ranges of yours and baudin’s cities please?

DeletedUser55437

i love how people who wont even get close to taking those cities are asking all the questions

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Can you tell us the point ranges of yours and baudin’s cities please?

mmm do i risk it? It is more than 250

i love how people who wont even get close to taking those cities are asking all the questions

Everyone has a chance - some of it is the luck of location

Because it takes a lot of skill to stack biremes or dlu behind wall 25, get out of here

But alone you cant rebuild fast enough in the end - this is a game for a team and here we want a winner so we can't or won't defend forever and you can only snipe if you spot a cs.

DeletedUser55437

Because it takes a lot of skill to stack biremes or dlu behind wall 25, get out of here

You obviously never played revolt. You cant just simply stack cities especially if you are oped and get revolted in 50+ places... All cq players who play revolt without walls get revolted by 5 harpies and cry for 2k bir stack its pathetic, then they think its easy mode when its not. Un-coordinated alliances in revolt get obliterated by OP's, if they dont have walls, alarms, LTS, defence at right place. Skill in revolt is to prevent getting revolted, probably hardest thing in grepolis.. you need to evaluate where you can get hit, by who and based on that you build dlu and bir cities in strategic locations so you will always have an answer to an attack, you put best players on frontlines and simmers in back ...
i know what im talking about as i played about 7-8 revolt servers properly and 4-5 cq servers properly and both have their pros and cons but i hate ignorant CQ players who think revolt is about stacking cities with DLU and requires no skill. I bet you never played revolt or maybe 1 world

DeletedUser45100

You obviously never played revolt. You cant just simply stack cities especially if you are oped and get revolted in 50+ places... All cq players who play revolt without walls get revolted by 5 harpies and cry for 2k bir stack its pathetic, then they think its easy mode when its not. Un-coordinated alliances in revolt get obliterated by OP's, if they dont have walls, alarms, LTS, defence at right place. Skill in revolt is to prevent getting revolted, probably hardest thing in grepolis.. you need to evaluate where you can get hit, by who and based on that you build dlu and bir cities in strategic locations so you will always have an answer to an attack, you put best players on frontlines and simmers in back ...
i know what im talking about as i played about 7-8 revolt servers properly and 4-5 cq servers properly and both have their pros and cons but i hate ignorant CQ players who think revolt is about stacking cities with DLU and requires no skill. I bet you never played revolt or maybe 1 world

You heard it here first folks, the hard part is building troops and putting frontliners on the front and simmers in the back

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
While I won't give a point range I will say that all my farming villages are now at level 6. So I've gained a fair amount of BP so far.

kingpg28

Phrourach

this is a lie... i play revolt without walls... en108 i had every one of my cities OPd... i simply sniped CS... maybe lost one or two... Skill > Simming... revolt about simming

DeletedUser55437

just because you do something else doesnt mean what i said is a lie. play revolt servers without walls, be my guest. Why didnt you play on en123 without walls if you are so good at sniping?

DeletedUser55437

sniping is very unreliable, if enemy is good and locks their cs, or sends multiple it will be unsnipable. Best way to play revolt is dlu and walls

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Come on this is not a serious thread - you can discuss the benefits of Baudin and I sniping (between you and I I dont think we will be that good) but a general discussion on revolt should be elsewhere.

Baudin has been quite open about his troops and if I'm honest mine are not currently much better! If we manage to snipe as we are it will be a miracle but of course there is a little while to go.