Conquer a Mod Competition (Pseira Edition)

DeletedUser31263

Am I now to feel dutifully appeased?

I am not worthy...but party on!

MW

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Definition of panem et circenses
: bread and circuses : sustenance and entertainment provided by government to appease public discontent.

so here

"aurum et circenses' since aurum (gold) is the substance needed to appease the grep community :)

Is it only me who feels a little offended being fed gold to ssssssh up hahah.

Btw
"The Phoenix takes his fathers ashes to the Temple of the sun

My city name Templum Solis is latin for Temple of the sun "
you had to Latin this up as well for no reason? :( No wonder I couldnt search up the city name I ain't latin! :(

Hydna

Grepolis Team

Btw

you had to Latin this up as well for no reason? :( No wonder I couldnt search up the city name I ain't latin! :(

well it was supposed to be cryptic! If you found Hadrianus then you could have looked at city name

Hydna should have done ancient Greek
The game doesnt allow the characters of the Greek alphabet - and Hadrian is a Roman so............

DeletedUser57118

Btw

Something called google translate ;)

DeletedUser55437

How about instead of these little competitions no one cares about you guys actually fix the game ? All commands are stuck as "processing" right after this new update...
replying little bit late but theres only so much moderator can do, they cant code new things (at least i dont think) and we should be appreciating that its at least something. Fixing the game is up to people that are higher up

1saaa

Strategos
I think its great that hydna has been making an active effort to get involved with the community. Competitions like these are a fun change of pace from the normal rhythm of these forums.

These kinds of things are what grepolis will continue to need to maintain as much of its shrinking community as possible.

Evil MeIinoe

Strategos
I think its great that hydna has been making an active effort to get involved with the community. Competitions like these are a fun change of pace from the normal rhythm of these forums.

These kinds of things are what grepolis will continue to need to maintain as much of its shrinking community as possible.

Well said:D

bradybah

Hoplite
Ok looks like my time is running out.........

So let me explain the clues - could they have been improved upon? You tell me. I think this has been fun so I would like to do this again.

I am well travelled, I lost my head in London and I have another in Paris:
View attachment 13826

I originated in the country you know as Spain Hadrian was born in Italica - modern day Seville

The Gods have reason to love me:
Hadrian built a lot of temples to honour the gods including the Pantheon and the temple of Zeus in Athens:

View attachment 13829

I have a wall of 24 - not my first I might add - I LOVE WALLS

Hadrian build 'Hadrian's Wall' which stretches across England in the North to create a barrier to keep out the Picts:

View attachment 13827

My Location and city name:

I was thinking I was in danger of exploding but that danger seems to have vanished! - the alliance Boom Boom was closest originally. They changed to Phoenix.

Herodotus Histories 2:73. Kindly copied over by @bala162425 above:
So Phoenix -the Phoenix alliance is the closest to me.
The Phoenix takes his fathers ashes to the Temple of the sun

My city name Templum Solis is latin for Temple of the sun

View attachment 13828

My Alliance name - not referenced as a clue but from the start indicated Gold - 'Aurum et Circenses' rather than the traditional saying Panem et Circenses'

Well done to @Loves You who did get this very early on

and Congratulations to @MarkusWolf who apparently does not read the forum and when i suggested he did said i was a FB meme!!!

View attachment 13835
I got the boom boom and phoenix reference too lol