Conquering a city: Destroy its wall or not ?

Discussion in 'Answered Questions' started by MacAnailigh, Mar 18, 2012.

Share This Page

1. MacAnailigh

MacAnailigh Well-Known Member

Several threads here make note of the intrinsic defensive value of a city (i.e: cause casualties without troops present), and the defensive effect of a wall. In preparation for conquering a city, while clearing all troops, should the wall also be destroyed ?

It seems that one would wish to retain the target city wall rather than rebuild from scratch.

Comments ?

2. hp12345

hp12345 New Member

I prefer not to destroy wall while conquering a city as why to spend resources and time to build it again,yes you lost some more units due to wall factor but overall resource cost to build the wall again is much more

I only destroy walls in ghost towns and inactive cities where I farm

3. Pajewski

Pajewski New Member

i wouldn't destroy a wall,just don't use catapults

4. WAVEBREAKER

WAVEBREAKER Well-Known Member

It depends on the resistance put up by that city.

Usually I vary, sometimes with extreme resistance I knock down the wall, to clear the city for efficiently. However that is mainly also when I want to farm that player a bit before I conquer him/her.

I would say don't knock down the wall, if you want to conquer the city in a quick movement.

5. Asth

Asth Banned

It is a viable option in Revolt worlds that you may consider against very tough enemies that turtle; the expenses of rebuilding might be justified by taking a difficult city. In contrast, you want high level walls in Conquest because it aids the effectiveness of your siege (although it is usually the naval defenses that fall).