Conquering Ghost Towns

DeletedUser23909

I'm playing in Omega world and last night (i.e. 9 hours ago) tried to take a ghost town by attacking with a colony ship with supporting naval and land units. An error showed that I had to have research conquest. I thought that if a ghost town was cleared (which it is) you didn't need research conquest to take it. The ghost town is diedel12's city. I looked at previous postings here and it said that. Not sure what is going on here. I'm playing in Delphi world and took a ghost town without research conquest. Am I missing something here? Thanks! By the way, I do have the culture points to take another city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22115

To conquer a city which is ghost or owned by a player you need to research Conquest unless it is a revolt world, without conquest researched you can colonise a city where the little flag with the hammer on it

DeletedUser23909

That's the way it seems, but like I said, I took a ghost town in Delphi world without conquest. I have colonized before at those site with the little flag...

DeletedUser22115

from my knownledge you do need conquest to conquer a ghost town but you dont need it in a revolt world

DeletedUser18132

Only in conquest worlds. In revolt worlds, you don't need to have it researched.

DeletedUser23909

Okay, thanks! Now I understand. Will go and get conquest researched...

DeletedUser

It is required in Conquest worlds but not in Revolt worlds.