Conquers

DeletedUser

So, people have started conquering...

What do you think of the conquers? I'm going to be reckless and say that I think most of the current conquers are wasteful. You don't save up for a conquer ship to waste it on an 1500 point player!

DeletedUser

I agree, 1500 is a waste. However, if there is a real strategic or tactical value in a conquest, then perhaps the size of the victim doesn't matter so much.

DeletedUser

Try to find better target if you are in a hurry to get a milestone and have no real army to break serious defense, hu? There is simply not much 2.5 Kpointed cities out there atm and pumping troops from 2 barrack from now on can be a bigger benefit for the very beginning of the world, than you can even imagine...

DeletedUser

3 small cities on 2 island near one by the other,its a good strategic move,for the start of the game.

DeletedUser

Cool,

Cheers.

Whys that considered a weak play then ??? Surely if it is a strong platform to build off then thats a good thing is it not ??

Im genuinely trying to learn by the way, not go miles off topic or be argumentative.

Thanks,

J.

DeletedUser

I don't think anyone said it was a weak play, i myself prefer that my second city is close to my first one... although not for the reason of easy support.

DeletedUser2663

The High notes got himself a nice 2.2k village. one of the best conquers i have seen s far.

DeletedUser

Well, BlackBB has managed to conquer a 300 point city, but I'm not sure why he did that. There are plenty of better cities around, with even about 1K points.

DeletedUser

Well, BlackBB has managed to conquer a 300 point city, but I'm not sure why he did that. There are plenty of better cities around, with even about 1K points.

not to mention, colonizations are 750 point cities.

DeletedUser

Hold up a second,

Just to help with my learning, as i was considering doing something similar, have I got this right...

If I Colonize a ghost town I effectively start from scratch and get a 750 city once colonization is complete whether the ghost town was a 175 point inactive or a 2000point city who has got tired of me farming them - it always reverts back to a 750 point "starter city"

Presumably this is also true for the vacant pitches on other islands.

The only way to get your hands on something else is to Conquer and that could ba a 300point city or a 10,000 point one just so long as you have enough forces and strength to pull it off.

Is that all correct, as I didnt know about the 750 point bit.

Thanks,

J.

DeletedUser13072

If you colonize (there isn't already a city there), then the city starts off at 750 points.
If you conquer(city is already in place regardless of active, inactive, or ghost town), then it is whatever points it was when you conquered it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

lol, i am so happy i did not invite him when he applied =), knew he was bit of a nub.

DeletedUser

Some guys just do not know how to dodge colony ship when they are under attack. But I think it is not the case. At least my attack was launched AFTER he got that cripple of a city.