Conquest has changed - maybe for the worse

• Thread starter DeletedUser24285
  • Start date

DeletedUser24285

Ok I play Carphi (sorry misspell) as well as this world and I have noticed a trend

Now we bust sieges with fliers ( due to all the competitions that inogames has introduced) which means, the majority of our cities use Zeus as a god - to produce the most lethal flier). Use of LS has greatly reduced and now they are hardly used to bust sieges.

Similarly Birs are now less important than LDU and everyone is adopting a zero wall strategy.

You sneak a conquest - as usual - knowing that you will be facing low walls - then you stack to the hilt with LDU, hoping that your archers and hops can see off the manti and harpi nukes thrown at you.

To me, this is a further de-skilling of this game, which used to depend on making the right choices in the right circumstances.

Please tell me that I am wrong?

DeletedUser49069

id have to agree. however.. it is a war game. in war we must adapt. and some players will see the vulnerability of such sieges and take advantage of it. but.... yes... events every other month tends to favor those that use gold and destroy the alliances that dont use it as much.

DeletedUser39118

I've only recently gotten back into the game after spending a lot (a lot!) of time on idalium en55. That world started christmas 2012.

That was a revolt world and it was speed 1, but after spending a good few weeks in Carphi and Dimale (both conquest and faster worlds)
the general impression i get is that the game has become much more for the gold players. The events don't help at all.
Of course I always used the premium advisory gang but insta-buy seems like a recipe for disaster for the game, in my opinion.
Buy manti-nukes, buy city-slots, buy everything and you can.

I refuse to play like that but i seem to be falling behind in terms of city count. BP though is above average for a player of my size.
Maybe i'm playing the game the way it used to be played, or maybe i'm playing it the wrong way.

I'll reserve judgement for a couple of weeks .

Still love grepo. Mostly wiping people out. That's what it's all about after all!!

DeletedUser33512

I also agree. You are right. This is my first Conquest world since Gamma. And I hate what it's become. It's safe to say I'd rather play revolt these days.

DeletedUser52085

The problem isn't the fliers by themselves, but the events that give them so easily.

DeletedUser

Sadly this IS the case. Not more than a year ago, a server I played I had 70 LS cities, and I didn't have the most by a LONG shot. Almost strictly for breaking sieges and cracking turtles (yes it was a friggin morale world, lol) and almost 85%-90% of my cities offensive (needed to overcome the absurd advantage to defense), and loved it. NOW, it seems that if I don't keep almost 60%-70% of my cities as DLU cities (great, MORE defense) then I can't hold a siege. This is why the ONLY correction will have to come from INN, No strategy will change this. Either, less of the "events" or at very least, not having badges that give a full city full of mantis in 6 hrs....OR....wait till another re-weighting of the units. Just as when it was decided that NO ONE builds triremes (I know in my first 3 years playing I NEVER did), so they got reweighed, but went WAYYYY to far the other way. Now its almost absurd to build LS to begin with, and Biremes as well for that matter, but thats a separate issue. Maybe make it so that 20 Mantis won't kill 5K DLU, we can get back to fighting it out again, instead of the all too common strategy of "LETS WAIT TILL HE's ASLEEP AND THEN ATTACK". loll so lets temper the "skill" claims just a bit.

DeletedUser39931

there defiantely does need to be a rethink on this by inno.
whether it be making myths weaker units or not just giving away free myth nukes in events

DeletedUser49069

They do it for one reason.... money. If it makes them money they won't stop it. Sooooo I'm sure we will be seeing more events and more myth more often. Maybe a event for Arbor Day? :p

DeletedUser51120

Ok I play Carphi (sorry misspell) as well as this world and I have noticed a trend

Now we bust sieges with fliers ( due to all the competitions that inogames has introduced) which means, the majority of our cities use Zeus as a god - to produce the most lethal flier). Use of LS has greatly reduced and now they are hardly used to bust sieges.

Similarly Birs are now less important than LDU and everyone is adopting a zero wall strategy.

You sneak a conquest - as usual - knowing that you will be facing low walls - then you stack to the hilt with LDU, hoping that your archers and hops can see off the manti and harpi nukes thrown at you.

To me, this is a further de-skilling of this game, which used to depend on making the right choices in the right circumstances.

Please tell me that I am wrong?

Can't agree with this more.

DeletedUser49204

I will though point out Birs are still a wonderful tool for sniping

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Winter event ruined the game for Non-Gold users. They have tokens of 20 manti nukes in the inventory, 8-9 cities filled completely with Manti nukes (weighing 90+ each). Sieges to his cities are impossible if he times his mantis just after CS lands. Ofcourse credit goes to the one who has the CREDIT.

DeletedUser48856

lol...to get the siege start first we need to clear harbor...the only best option is ls...and what if myths got killed in a siege break. u can recruit them as fast as ls...so importance of ls stays intact?