Conquest or Revolt?

DeletedUser8019

I don't see how anyone could possibly revolt me successfully. It would be incredibly hard on the attackers part to make a great attack. All you have to do is snipe their CS wave and game over, there's no way you can hope to take a decent and half active player with revolt.

It takes a lot more tactics and skill. Usually when I try to take a city, I will spend a day or two clearing it, sending troops at different times and trying hit the player when he is off line to take out his troops and when can't dodge. That means if the player wants defence, he has to call in suport from other cities, and you can't dodge with support troops. Then when you have the revolt going and the CS on route, you have to make sure that it has a strong army with it - I usually go for about 40 LS and at least 600 attacks troops. Seconds before it lands, you want to land an LS nuke from another city of at least 100, preferably 150 to wipe out any biremes in port.

You would be surprised at how hard it is to time dodging and work defence effectively. I know some extremely skilled players who have lost cities in the revolt system.

DeletedUser

GO CONQUEST. Revolt is alot more difficult while with conquest you can break a siege while revolt is immideate.

DeletedUser

i decided to play a revolt server to see what it was all about, and I think revolt completely sucks, I don't ever envisage me ever playing seriously on a revolt world, I hate it. If that means when beta is done, I quit grepolis, then so be it...

DeletedUser

GO CONQUEST. Revolt is alot more difficult while with conquest you can break a siege while revolt is immideate.

Wait, you are saying that you get a lot of conquest attacks? That is actually a good thing. No more waiting.

i decided to play a revolt server to see what it was all about, and I think revolt completely sucks, I don't ever envisage me ever playing seriously on a revolt world, I hate it. If that means when beta is done, I quit grepolis, then so be it...

Kappa looks like a speed 3 conquest world... Check it out.

DeletedUser

Wait, you are saying that you get a lot of conquest attacks? That is actually a good thing. No more waiting.

Actually conquest is easier to take a city in, as Aurave stated, if you kill the CS then there is no second chances. It annihilates the supposed bonus you get in the game for tracking online times, as it is impossible for someone not to be online for that long unless they have broken connection. (A defence specific game means any support from the target's alliance is worth almost double value of the attacks (in conquest this has a leveller, it doesn't in revolt).) ... won't go on...

Kappa looks like a speed 3 conquest world... Check it out.

maybe try it as a PnP world instead of iota, but that is too early for a primary world, as I will be in beta for the next year or so...

DeletedUser10984

Revolt seems much better because you are actually using defensive troops for defense go figure.

DeletedUser2663

I have played on one Conquest world (Gamma) and two revolt worlds (Zeta, Iota) and i find both ways are good but in my opinoin i find Conquest way more fun. Zeta and Iota combined dont give me as much fun as gamma. with all the talking about defense and offensive on both types and which one is easier it comes down to who you are vsing, not the settings. good players will be able to take cities on both setting regardless of who they are vsing. if they cant then they oviously arnt good then.

DeletedUser1405

My personal favourite is conquest, its easier to hit a Revolt you just didge the initial attack and the CS cops for it.
Maybe they could look at making this harder in the future.

DeletedUser

PROS AND CONS

CONQEUST

PROS

1 Easy to get the city
2 Doesnt cost much as you only need a nuke
2 Takes short time

CONS

1 CS easy to knock out
2 The CS takes three times as long as even the Fire ship does so the defender knows
3 CS cost 10k of each resource

REVOLT

PROS

1 No CS so less resources
2 Just keep attacking
3 Not really much stragegy to it when you get the hang of it
4 Can also use CS to make it easier

CONS

1 Takes FOREVER
2 No skill involved
3 Annoying for the fender as its mre difficult to stop as there is no CS to knock out

THIS IS A QUICKY SO IF I HAVE MISSED OR SAID SOMETHING WRONGE DONT KILL ME PLS

DeletedUser2663

PROS AND CONS

CONQEUST

PROS

1 Easy to get the city Debatable
2 Doesnt cost much as you only need a nuke Debatable
2 Takes short time

CONS

1 CS easy to knock out That comes down to the skill of the players
2 The CS takes three times as long as even the Fire ship does so the defender knows Its just as slow on revolt
3 CS cost 10k of each resource Same as revolt

REVOLT

PROS

1 No CS so less resources To take a city from a player you need to land a cs in the 2nd stage of revolt
2 Just keep attacking
3 Not really much stragegy to it when you get the hang of it Kinda right. There is very little basic ideas you can implement but once you start battling great players you would be surprised at the range of tatics used. It can be as tatical as Conquest
4 Can also use CS to make it easier You have to use a cs to take a town, its not a choice.

CONS

1 Takes FOREVER Depends on your timing. It can be as quick as a conquest = 12 hours on a speed 2 server or upto a max of 24 which is long i agree
2 No skill involved Definatly Wrong. Some of the most skillful players I know play on revolt as their main server
3 Annoying for the fender as its mre difficult to stop as there is no CS to knock out As i stated above there is a cs involved so this is wrong

THIS IS A QUICKY SO IF I HAVE MISSED OR SAID SOMETHING WRONGE DONT KILL ME PLS

corrections in bold. as a basic look i would say mostly correct but if you go into more detail it becomes more and more wrong though

Aicy

Strategos
Actually, the revolt always lasts 12 hours and you always have a 12 hour window to conquer then after... Regardless of the speed.

DeletedUser

Conquest > Revolt on speed 1 and 2
On speed 3, conquest is too fast (8 hours is how long most ppl sleep) so revolt fots speed 3 better.
imo.

DeletedUser

How about I throw this in the mixer.........

A world which has both? You research both and can send one of 3 attacks, normal, revolt, or conquest...........

DeletedUser

I prefer revolt,
Firstly i think it is good tactically, you have to clear the defender twice so means good organisation skills. It means that better alliances will do better.

However a good defender will do well, with sniping the CS.
bascially it all boils down to who is more tactical.

With conquest when you are under Conquest all you need to do is send a hell load of attacking units to break the siege, it all boils down to who has the most boats.

Also in revolt, you can easier send dummy attacks, to confuse the defendant which can be used well.

DeletedUser2663

With conquest when you are under Conquest all you need to do is send a hell load of attacking units to break the siege, it all boils down to who has the most boats.

With conquest the tatcics of it all comes down to 10 seconds b4 and after the cs lands.there are so many ways to knock out a cs in that time gap which makes it hell for the attacker to prevent his target from doing so. It only becomes who has the most boats when the first stage of sniping fails. same can be saud for revolt, you just need to overload their cities with clearing waves.