Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

Richard

Strategos
This thread is for posting feedback, and discussing the Construction Cost Reduction feature planned to be introduced to Grepolis in an upcoming update.

Please keep it civil, and constructive. This thread will be used by the developers to directly gauge users opinions on this feature.

Thanks
Richard

DeletedUser

Gold, decreasing the cost of buildings?

Hmmmm

InnoGames better play this right, or this is the beginning of the end for Grepolis.

May I take a moment to remind InnoGames of it's pledge, to maintain a level playing field between paying and non-paying players, I truly hope this pledge remains part of it's agenda for the future, and has not been discarded.

DeletedUser

Yea, another gold feature to assist the early game gold whores with filling Inno's coffers, to pay for them releasing so many god damn worlds :rolleyes:

I think what happened when they removed the Phoenician merchant loophole is that they lost a whole lot of income, and this is just a replacement for it. May as well bring that back instead :rolleyes:

This is my opinion on it at the moment, i will reserve my final judgement until i see it in action.

DeletedUser23986

I think what happened when they removed the Phoenician merchant loophole is that they lost a whole lot of income, and this is just a replacement for it. May as well bring that back instead :rolleyes:
Exactly. Even the amount of gold is same.

DeletedUser

How can this be right, all this does is make those with big wallets more powerfull than those who play for enjoyment.

DeletedUser958

It's implemented on the Beta... you can try it out now if you want....
Also reducing it by 25%.... That's a HUGE amount of resources saved.
I really don't like this idea... There is already ways for gold users to maintain a resource advantage compared to non gold people.

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback so far. Can I please remind you that Grepolis has not implemented any premium changes in game for a long time. The last time Inno implemented a permanent premium change, was the price change (20 gold increased to 25 gold) in September 2012. Prior to that, the last feature was the unit reduction feature. With this in mind, I find it a little unfair for it to be said that Inno does nothing but line their pockets. Moreover, between the two of these features, the Phoenician Merchant was capped, as a direct result of player feedback.

The function of Grepolis United, is for you, the players, to be more involved in the implementation of new features, and for Inno to be more open and up front with the features they intend to add. It isn't, however, a be all and end all. The feedback given, doesn't mean Inno won't implement the new features. Grepolis United should be looked upon as a transparency measure, to ensure that players are aware of the changes coming their way well in advance. I'm sure you would agree that this has already been achieved.

The reality is this, however, if you want to make it about money. Innogames are a business, Grepolis is a product. Innogames employee a large team who work day in day out to improve this game. So yes, they do need money to pay for the changes they are planning. If you take a look at the Grepolis Roadmap, you will see multiple features and game changes being made over the next 12 months. Can you explain to me how you propose they develop, test and implement these changes without revenue? For example, a lot of outcry from the community is for a redesign of the way in which the way World Wonders work. This is something Inno has committed to do over the next 12 months, but they can not implement such changes without developers, and they can't hire developers if the product doesn't make money. Having said that, I genuinely think those stating that all Innogames care about is money, is a gross injustice to them and their work for you as a community.

As has been stated, the new features is available for testing on our Beta server. If you would like to give it a go, go ahead and sign up to Grepolis Beta.

Richard

DeletedUser

I just think it would create more of an inbalance, but im willing to wait till it comes before i get to anti :p I appreciate Inno being open, and i know they need to make money, and i will support this if it is balanced, which i cannot really see at the moment, because you can reduce it as many times as you want?? (Idk havent read the OP for a few days)

Making money is all good and fine, but its kind of a punch in the guts when 0.1% of players can use it endlessly to sim ahead :/

And in my honest opinion, 25% is quite steep... I would be much more at ease if it was 50 gold for 15-20% off the price, that could be used ONCE per building. Then i would not complain at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

personally i'd prefer if the price was a lot higher, maybe 100 or even 200 gold per shot, maybe along with a cap of 1 reduction per level of a building. so players taking advantage of this feature would only be able to do it to such an extent as to cause an imbalance at a rather high price (which in turn benefits all players in the long run as new developments are possible).

i know if it was 200 gold a shot, i would probably only use it early in the game (like during protection) and maybe only a few times on expensive upgrades like the higher levels of academy and harbour, just to get some extra resources to allocate to the army :cool:

anyway, hopefully inno and the community can come assess it properly once we all try it out and come up with a well-balanced solution (if it's found not to be so already)

Varun

Strategos
personally i'd prefer if the price was a lot higher, maybe 100 or even 200 gold per shot, maybe along with a cap of 1 reduction per level of a building. so players taking advantage of this feature would only be able to do it to such an extent as to cause an imbalance at a rather high price (which in turn benefits all players in the long run as new developments are possible).

i know if it was 200 gold a shot, i would probably only use it early in the game (like during protection) and maybe only a few times on expensive upgrades like the higher levels of academy and harbour, just to get some extra resources to allocate to the army :cool:

anyway, hopefully inno and the community can come assess it properly once we all try it out and come up with a well-balanced solution (if it's found not to be so already)

This is an awesome suggestion. ^

DeletedUser27700

I would disagree with that. The price is already steep (same price as 1 CP!) and until the end game you really do not save many resources at all. As far as cost for what you gain, I think it is well balanced.
It would be a little silly to spend 200 gold to save 1000 resources :p
That being said, maybe a cap isn't a bad idea. Something like once per building per day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23986

I would disagree with that. The price is already steep (same price as 1 CP!) and until the end game you really do not save many resources at all. As far as cost for what you gain, I think it is well balanced.
It would be a little silly to spend 200 gold to save 1000 resources :p
That being said, maybe a cap isn't a bad idea. Something like once per building per day.
That is absolutely wrong comparison. A few thousand resources in start are much more valuable then 4 culture points in the end. Those few thousand resources, can get you in a better alliance, can give you a bigger army, save you from restarting, or quitting. They can save a lot of trouble.

DeletedUser27793

Maybe 50 gold and capped at 1 per each lvl is fair enough

DeletedUser345

I was rather unhelpful in my original post so I will expand a bit.

This an absolutely terrible addition to the game and would only be slightly viable if Pyth's suggestion was taken into effect. The ability to buy resources, for this is basically what this is, will so heavily weigh favour to goldwhore's at the beginning of the world that it is totally imbalanced and unfair for those that either play with no gold or a small amount. If you spent enough it could viably become possible to achieve conquest on the first day and have a fully developed city and army by the end of bp, although this would require a huge amount of resources. I have long felt that this was the one feature innogames should never implant as it utterly imbalances things in a way that would ruin game for non-large scale premium users.

Richard

Strategos
Hi Achilles,

Thanks for clarifying your point. How do you figure a player could purchase their way to conquest in a day? At best, a player could buy their way to conquest 25% faster than without the feature.

Richard

DeletedUser

Nope.
And Rich, that's assuming that they don't then go and spend the saved resources on an army in which case it won't really affect the time it takes overall.

But I do see what you're saying Achilles.
Tbh, i'd rather that this was introduced and Inno made some more money from this great game, that has kept me entertained for 3 years, that they can then use to continue to develop it and keep it going.

DeletedUser345

Hi Achilles,

Thanks for clarifying your point. How do you figure a player could purchase their way to conquest in a day? At best, a player could buy their way to conquest 25% faster than without the feature.

Richard

A tad hyperbole ;), currently a player can get conquest on a speed 3 on the fifth day so the largest point on that day is 120 hours, take away 25% and thats 3.75 days to conquest plus another 1.25 days until bp runs out to build a rather substantial army. Still an extreme change in my eyes. So by that are you also confirming it can only be used once per building? Otherwise the time will fall further...

But I do see what you're saying Achilles.
Tbh, i'd rather that this was introduced and Inno made some more money from this great game, that has kept me entertained for 3 years, that they can then use to continue to develop it and keep it going.

Tbh, I'd rather keep playing on a level playing field without having to spend excessive amounts of money on every world on a game which has kept me entertained for three years. In my eyes all further developments will be wasted because I can't even be bothered to get past conquest due to being so far behind anyway due to lots of goldwhores.