Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Reference the 25% cost reduction thing,

Personally i have used it once in about 3 months on my current stint in Grepo, I really don't find that useful at all tbh.

50 Gold to shave off what? 2k in each resource..bleh! Its not worth it man, not by a long shot, as a one of emergency thing yeah sure...maybe but there is no way i would be using that on a regular basis So i sa pity the fool who actually went from a 1k city to a 10k city in 12 hours! Thats divorce talk right there lol

DeletedUser

this thread was dead, but i didn't realize how much people hated this, it isn't really that much, i was surprised that it hasn't always been this way. inno has to make money, if they go broke= no game.

DeletedUser42857

Reference the 25% cost reduction thing,

Personally i have used it once in about 3 months on my current stint in Grepo, I really don't find that useful at all tbh.

50 Gold to shave off what? 2k in each resource..bleh! Its not worth it man, not by a long shot, as a one of emergency thing yeah sure...maybe but there is no way i would be using that on a regular basis So i sa pity the fool who actually went from a 1k city to a 10k city in 12 hours! Thats divorce talk right there lol

Agree, for shaving a couple of grand of each resource off a building for 25 gold, its really not that much of a benefit to gold players. You make that in one hit of your farming villages.

How about players that only do 8 hour farming, versus those who can sit online all day and do 5 minute looting bringing in 10x+ the resources. :D

One thing I do think is unfairly beneficial to gold players is halving the production time for buildings or units. This is a huge imbalance. Not the fact you can half the time, but you can then half it again, and again.. So a gold player can bring down the production time of a CS to 6 hours for 50 gold. Or crucially, with some gold can take down the production time of 500 archers down to a matter of minutes if he was so inclined. This really does benefit gold players. Hell, if you can afford it you can produce troops quicker than they can be killed. :)

halving the production time with gold should really be restricted to one use on each building/unit

DeletedUser

Dim it cost 50 gold to cut that building cost mate and yes wake this back up lol, :D 50 gold is way to much of a steep price to pay for a couple k in resources.

I'd say a fairer way to do that for 50 gold would be to give an actual build - any resources for a build, of course that paves the way for Gold sneazers so a 12 hour cap limit could be applied to that to stop the itch in their noses

That could be useful for say emergency wall builds etc

IMO the troop cut as far as gold users go i wouldn't say is a drastic issue, plus Inno would never go for that in a million years, the revenue they would lose would be phenomenal :eek:

It is literally that 50 gold for a couple k res off thing i have an issue with.

DeletedUser

Hi all,
Not sure this is the correct thread to post this enquiry. But here it is anyway, maybe it can be placed via admin into the correct slot.

Regarding building construction.
When we have a queue of buildings, and we make an error, or are required to build another building quicker than the queued items, we are required to cancel the build and lose half the resources used, even though it hasn't started.
To do this, especially when using the advisor, we have to delete/remove each build to get to the spot of build we need.
This can result in heavy losses of resources, and also an overspill can occur as the warehouse is not large enough to hold what you reimburse with.
Is it possible to add an 'x' (delete build) in each build block of the queue, so we can cancel a specific building, say in 3rd place of the queue, that at the time isnt as important. Rather than have to delete the whole queue bar the present 1st place construction?
Or is it possible to have a shuffle facilty, to save losing resources gathered and spent, rather than delete the build, allowing the order of construction to be adjusted.
screen shot idea
build queue addaptions.jpg

Hope this all makes sense and is found a worthy addition.

DeletedUser27128

This probably belongs in the "Ideas" section.

Anyway, good idea, +rep and a definite yes from me!

DeletedUser31385

This is all I must say about gold buying resources (What will happen in the future if it continues down the current path)...

Money_Down_The_Toilet.jpg

DeletedUser48699

Hi all,
Not sure this is the correct thread to post this enquiry. But here it is anyway, maybe it can be placed via admin into the correct slot.

Regarding building construction.
When we have a queue of buildings, and we make an error, or are required to build another building quicker than the queued items, we are required to cancel the build and lose half the resources used, even though it hasn't started.
To do this, especially when using the advisor, we have to delete/remove each build to get to the spot of build we need.
This can result in heavy losses of resources, and also an overspill can occur as the warehouse is not large enough to hold what you reimburse with.
Is it possible to add an 'x' (delete build) in each build block of the queue, so we can cancel a specific building, say in 3rd place of the queue, that at the time isnt as important. Rather than have to delete the whole queue bar the present 1st place construction?
Or is it possible to have a shuffle facilty, to save losing resources gathered and spent, rather than delete the build, allowing the order of construction to be adjusted.
screen shot idea
View attachment 11100

Hope this all makes sense and is found a worthy addition.
Yeah, great idea! If this isn't in the ideas section, that would be the correct place. :)