Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Really??

Hi guys,

Can I please remind you that Grepolis has not implemented any premium changes in game for a long time. The last time Inno implemented a permanent premium change, was the price change (20 gold increased to 25 gold) in September 2012.Richard

You really consider this along time? This is just another money grubbing addition, i pay to play but this is getting rediculous, with the addition of more worlds and there must be more players coming in im sure the new players are offsetting any costs and increasing the profits, they're just milking us for every penny they can!:(

DeletedUser

You really consider this along time? This is just another money grubbing addition, i pay to play but this is getting rediculous, with the addition of more worlds and there must be more players coming in im sure the new players are offsetting any costs and increasing the profits, they're just milking us for every penny they can!:(

Oh god no!

They are a business, of course they want to 'offset' running costs onto the paying base, what you thought they had money fountains at InnoGames HQ?

This thread is turning into an over-exaggerated over-dramatic and scaremongering thread which has completely overplayed the fact that this update will provide an advantage to premium players, which although yes does provide an advantage does limit the advantage.

You won't find pocket warriors on Grepolis spending $10,000 to gain an advantage, as you will in other games, nor do I feel that they are likely to emerge.

Quit the dramatics guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess some of our pockets arent quite as deep as yours

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess some of our pockets arent quite as deep as yours

I have never paid for premium currency, nor never will pay for premium currency.

This is my completely unbiased opinion. InnoGames are a business, hence they need income and they need to cover their expenses. That's what they are doing, they have also limited their income significantly.

I've seen major gaming corporations go down the greedy path, and try to grab as much cash as possible. InnoGames havn't, they've respected their pledge for an even playing field, and for that I thank them, and respect their integrity and therefore I trust them on this update.

Richard

Strategos
A reminder to keep this thread civil, please. Criticism and feedback loses its power entirely when you result to profanities and personal insults.

DeletedUser19042

personally i'd prefer if the price was a lot higher, maybe 100 or even 200 gold per shot, maybe along with a cap of 1 reduction per level of a building. so players taking advantage of this feature would only be able to do it to such an extent as to cause an imbalance at a rather high price (which in turn benefits all players in the long run as new developments are possible).

i know if it was 200 gold a shot, i would probably only use it early in the game (like during protection) and maybe only a few times on expensive upgrades like the higher levels of academy and harbour, just to get some extra resources to allocate to the army :cool:

anyway, hopefully inno and the community can come assess it properly once we all try it out and come up with a well-balanced solution (if it's found not to be so already)

I agree with this handsome chap over here. :)

DeletedUser

Any new premium feature will cause a, potential, conflict to which there is no easy answer, because at the end of the day, Innogames is a business and their raison d'être is to make a healthy profit.

If people do not buy gold, then there is no Grepolis. End of!
Yet, that said, there has to be a balance that levels the playing field for all, because a player can use gold to BUY themselves a very large advantage. They can buy themselves such an advantage that if it were a game of chess, black would start with 16 pieces, yet white would start with only a King and two Pawns!

But, going full circle, if you level the playing field, you then dent Innogames revenue stream. You end up with a mad vicious circle.

Ultimately the consumer, be they a large, small or non premium player will vote with their feet. If they feel new features to the game ruin their enjoyment then they can walk away. And, obviously, InnoGames would have to deal with such a scenario, if it happened in any significant numbers.

DeletedUser

Well here is my take on this.

The game is designed so that the players that can spend the most time actually playing have a significant advantage. To wit: farm villages for 5 minutes instead of 8 hours. Or being online to see incoming attacks. Etc.

The game is designed so that the people who pay will have the best advantages. The more you pay, the better the advantage.

There are many games out there that have the same style. When I first came to grepolis I passed over about 20 of those games before I found this one.

In fairness to Grepo, they offer options for players to earn free gold so they can get an the premium advantages without ever shelling out any cash. While I am not a fan of gold, buying ingame bonuses, or paying your way to victory, I was impressed that this game offered non-paying customers the benefit of earning gold without paying. For that reason (and because the game looked good) I decided to give it a try and stay.

Over the course of the last year, it is my belief that Grepo has, and will continue, to swing towards the "pay your way to victory" style of game.

Now on to my thoughts on this particular feature.
I had always wondered if a gold user could simply summon the merchant to their harbor over and over for the purpose of getting an infinite amount of resources. I never tried it. Beyond the 5 premium features that are a staple to the game (admin, merchant, captain, etc) I don't use gold very often.

It is my belief that this feature, whether allowed only once per building or having multiple uses per building, is unrealistic in regards to keeping a fair play balance.

Part of being a "good player" is being active. Activity is where it's at. If you are caught offline, you have no recourse on defending yourself. Part of taking out a good player is finding their inactive times.

This feature, outside of the imbalance caused by expending gold, slaps the above notion in the face. It says
-- Don't have time to wait and can't be online - just pay gold and don't worry; we got ya covered.
-- Earthquakes an issue? No sweat... rebuild your wall without the resource requirement that other players have.
-- Want to develop your city faster than anyone else so you can conquer sooner... just pay gold and we'll let you
-- Want to do multiple things, like build up your research, troops, and city? Oh... if you pay gold we'll help you do that so you can win while other players can't.

At some point in time there needs to be a level of fairness to all players that you allow to play, without causing your company to fail due to lack of income. In my opinion, this feature crosses the line of fairness in too many ways.

I'm already frustrated because previous upgrades make it very difficult for me to play on my phone now.
I've never been a fan of gold and "buying your way to victory"
And now you want to introduce new elements to the game to continue to offset the playability of its players.

If you hadn't already reached "the beginning of the end" with your game "upgrades", it is my sincere belief this is it.

So while I won't be playing after the world I am in has concluded, perhaps there are some ideas that might, directly or indirectly, help.

Why not introduce a monthly fee for players. Pay the fee get the premium features. Don't pay the fee, and don't get the features.
If, however, you are not a subscriber, you can still get the features individually (as now) via gold.

Then every player has the option of being on the same, level, and equal playing field. Instead of the game being a money pit where features can be used to death as long as you have the money to keep spending, you would have the option to pay a monthly fee and be equal. Period.

And/or fix all the buggy glitches prior to introducing more and more upgrades into a system that continues to fail with each upgrade at a minimum.

In either case, as a company I wish you the best. The game is enjoyable, but not something I will find as a long term manner of enjoyment for too many reasons. This one just adds to that list.

DeletedUser

Gold, decreasing the cost of buildings?

Hmmmm

InnoGames better play this right, or this is the beginning of the end for Grepolis.

May I take a moment to remind InnoGames of it's pledge, to maintain a level playing field between paying and non-paying players, I truly hope this pledge remains part of it's agenda for the future, and has not been discarded.

This will give a huge advantage to people who use gold. This game will never be the same again.

DeletedUser

Game is far to much to paying players back in gamma it was pay to speed up building and thats it mainly the mines now its the farms 5 mins I mean players willing to spend 10 hours on this will benifit mainly. you also have speed troops ships research anything inno can make money off I mean did/do they not think 1000 players paying and staying active because there is a competion on the server is best rather than open one a month up and having maintaine the lot..........

All I know is when pella is won I is gone from this until it gets back to basics don't think that will happen so I be flat out else where

DeletedUser30636

you guys also have to realize that you dont have to be #1 to win, ive seen alot of #1 players getting banned for suspicion of Bots... so most likely if a player were to buy an extreme amount of gold to gain an extraordinary advantage, alot of them will get banned. which is another way this game can be unfair, if someone does well in a short amount of time, they can be under suspicion and get banned with no proof... but thats a different story

DeletedUser

you guys also have to realize that you dont have to be #1 to win, ive seen alot of #1 players getting banned for suspicion of Bots... so most likely if a player were to buy an extreme amount of gold to gain an extraordinary advantage, alot of them will get banned. which is another way this game can be unfair, if someone does well in a short amount of time, they can be under suspicion and get banned with no proof... but thats a different story
and this, kids, is what happens when you have no idea what you're talking about.

STAY IN SCHOOL!

DeletedUser27700

People do not get banned for being good players.
I am sure this is the wrong place for this discussion however.

DeletedUser30636

i totally agree with you iced, i did address that the whole topic was a different thing... but i never said for being good, what i meant was growing extremely fast, could raise suspicion on that certain player resulting in a ban, even if they didnt do anything wrong... it does happen

DeletedUser345

umm excuse me, ive seen this happen in several worlds... are you calling me stupid?

Pyth probably can't but I can, that was the largest amount of tosh I've ever seen, the moderators can check for bot use and if they find it they'll ban you but they don't hand out bans simply because you've grown quickly.

DeletedUser23986

Pyth probably can't but I can, that was the largest amount of tosh I've ever seen, the moderators can check for bot use and if they find it they'll ban you but they don't hand out bans simply because you've grown quickly.
They do not give you any evidences either. Also many times, bans are given due to confusions. Anyways, can we talk about cost reduction rather?