Passed Construction time of Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser30767
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30767

This is for improvement section

Proposal : Rather than just allowing gold to be used to cut construction time of buildings in half , resources should also be allowed to be used to do the same.

Reason : This is because not everyone has access to gold (especially let say students/teens , etc.) .. this gives them a disadvantage as buildings specially for high levels require a lot of time .. Whereas if that guy has got enough resources , he should be allowed to cut the construction time too..

For example , even with senate at level 25 and crane researches it will take more than 16 hours for the last level of any resource(wood , iron ,silver) to be upgraded. In case of farm this is even more

This will help those gamers who dont have gold but are willing to trade their resources in exchange for construction time.

Thus if a player is willing to let go of his resources he should be allowed to gain that in time.

Details : The level of resources required to cut the time in half will be decided by a ratio say 50%(this is changeable)..

Now supposing we put the lower limit that only levels above the 50%(changeable) of the maximum level are allowed to use this feature (to prevent abuse of it).

Taking an example (Hypothetical situation)

Suppose that for a Farm level 22 (>20[40/2] for this example) construction time with senate level 15 is 16 : 00 : 00
and resources to be used are 5000 wood , 5000 rock and 5000 silver(all imaginary) ..

Then after selecting to upgrade this , player should be allowed to cut the construction time in half using ,
say (50%), 2500 wood, 2500 rock & 2500 silver.

This will help the players a lot.

Balance/ Abuse prevention:

1. This already balances out as it gives the player a chance to trade off between time and resources . Also it goes on to help non gold users.

2. It can be abused for construction of lower levels, so a lower limit can be set.

3. This feature can be allowed to be used only once per upgrade per building level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30767

I didnt knew there was also checking about from various lists ... i did not saw everything so apologise if the idea has been repeated.

DeletedUser

First of all, thank you for taking the time to fill out the format and creating an idea thread with respect to it. It may not seem like much, but considering how many people, especially newer players who don't bother; this is refreshing to see.

My memory is never perfect, so I cannot recall if I have seen this before, but the idea is an interesting one. Having a a percentile of resources to cut down construction is a good idea, but 50% would be too high. 20% might be more appropriate. Oh and I gave you a +rep for your idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm gonna go with what Horus said haha and yes THANK YOU for using format... too many people don't..

DeletedUser30767

THANK YOU for using format... too many people don't..
First of all, thank you for taking the time to fill out the format and creating an idea thread with respect to it. It may not seem like much, but considering how many people, especially newer players who don't bother; this is refreshing to see.

Well you guys wont believe this is my only 2nd forum post ever in grepolis !!!...

Having a set amount of resource for the cutting of construction isn't going to work for lower building levels, it will be a rip off at 2.5k per resource for many building levels going up to level 15-20 (depending on their type), and players will simply wait out until the later stages to get the most bang-for-buck.

In order to make this more balanced, you would need to have a set amount of resources depending on the level, perhaps 20% of the actual building levels cost would be appropriate.

Thats what i have written that not set amount of resources but like in the example i gave above 50% of the building cost or whatever is suited my the mods & devs. + I have also written that this should be implemented only from above a fixed level..

DeletedUser

Well you guys wont believe this is my only 2nd forum post ever in grepolis !!!...

It said you had 5 posts upon creating this idea thread. :p

Thats what i have written that not set amount of resources but like in the example i gave above 50% of the building cost or whatever is suited my the mods & devs. + I have also written that this should be implemented only from above a fixed level..

Yes, I edited my post a few minutes before you responded. The mods don't decide game settings either, only developers do. There is still the point that 50% would be too high, and 20% or maybe even 30% would be more reasonable.

DeletedUser8396

I like it but it will NOT be implemented even if it passes voting with 100%. Why you ask?

It cuts down on the amount of gold used/bought. End of story.

Dont get me wrong...I LOVE this, but am just speaking truth.

+repped for the idea.

DeletedUser30767

I like it but it will NOT be implemented even if it passes voting with 100%. Why you ask?

It cuts down on the amount of gold used/bought. End of story.

It doesnt drasticallly affects the amount of gold used ... people use it mostly for the admin, captain , etc. and if its a good idea then atleast we should try to go for it ... this is because i myself face this problem ... i dont have anyway to earn free gold and i currently cannot afford it too (because i m a student).. and thts why i proposed the ratio of resources to be used high (50%) so that people think twice before using it

DeletedUser8396

Oh, I completely agree for you to go for it, because they might be feeling nice and say yes. But sadly, even though its a small decrease on gold income, it still is a loss.

DeletedUser30767

Oh, I completely agree for you to go for it, because they might be feeling nice and say yes. But sadly, even though its a small decrease on gold income, it still is a loss.

you are breaking my heart!! :( .. lets see what happens ... waiting for the comment from mods .. so Mods please do respond whther the idea is worthy or not ...

DeletedUser

Hmm, not sure whether to let you believe that, or correct you. :S

Well that post in itself would be enough to give it away if that was true. :D

It's a fine line, but we'll see what happens by riding this idea out.

DeletedUser30767

This (first) idea of mine seems to have nearly died , so i decided to revive it .
So please tell was there any discussion on this and if yes, what was the verdict ... if not ... why not ???

DeletedUser

Its a good idea, i agree, but do you think InnoGames would like to cut back the money they get?. No. So i don't think they will like this.

DeletedUser30767

I have already listed out a lot of measures to make sure that gold option still seems good ... most gold is used in premium options ... also this idea is available only once per upgrade and that for a heavy toll on your resources

DeletedUser

Well, its worth a shot, but i doubt InnoGames will aprove.

DeletedUser11965

When you think about it realistically, how does more resource help us work faster? Now if you pay people gold in real life, of course they'll work faster, because gold is worth more. xD

DeletedUser30767

When you think about it realistically, how does more resource help us work faster? Now if you pay people gold in real life, of course they'll work faster, because gold is worth more. xD
What about buying better quality of materials which will help you construct faster ? Also some resources to help the people too (bribes :p) ... because in ancient times barter system was also there (if we are talking realistically)

And I have already listed a lot of points for abuse prevention and taking care of IG and non gold players both at same time

DeletedUser11965

now that you say that xD.

"Sir, can you please hurry up with my senate, I got a meeting to attend to."

"But you see my lord, we can only work at this speed."

"Well, then.." *drags some nearby hobos*, "Tell these dogs to work."

"But you see my lord, they are inexperienced, and that we can only have a limited resources. We cannot afford to lose any due to accidents."

"Well, then.." *gives more resources* "Problem solved."

"Yes my lord, I'll go to work immediately."
------------------------------------------
Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.