Passed Construction time of Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser30767
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30767

Sorry, I am responding a bit late ... was away ...

I just want to point out that i have already addressed these issues by giving these adjustments that ...

1. The ratio of resources needed is high ... So a person will think twice ...

2. It can only be used once .... ie you can only half it one time whereas premium players can half it as many time as they want ...

3. It is applicable only above a certain level , where construction times become unbearable for example above ~30 levels of farm ....

If however, there still remains some concern, you can reduce say, rather than 50% reduction make it 30% reduction in construction time ...

DeletedUser

Well if you can only do it once what is the point in having it? I would just stick with my premium.

DeletedUser30767

Exactly, gold users will stick with their premium ... but for non premium users like me, we will also have an option of reducing the time

Example, with Crane researched and Senate Level 25, approximate time for building farm level 40 is around 22 - 23 hours ... Seriously it appears as rather a waste of time ....
So gold users cut it with gold, while non premium using resources..

DeletedUser30767

Any comments, Lane??? .. Also other mods and players , please comment about what you think ...

DeletedUser29371

Any comments, Lane??? .. Also other mods and players , please comment about what you think ...

No MRAs... with that it would be harder to pin point out gold users for me.... now its easily seen who uses gold...

22h for farm is perfect... after you have 0 to build you have all the time in the world to build lvl 40 farm tbh.

against the idea

DeletedUser30767

I am not talking just about level 40 ... i am saying from ... lets say above level 30 for farms , mine, quarry and timber camp and so on ...

And this is not a big game changer .... its just an additional option given to non premium users which will also affect their resources ..

Some may use it ... some may not ... all i am saying is there should be a provision ...

DeletedUser

Exactly, gold users will stick with their premium ... but for non premium users like me, we will also have an option of reducing the time

Example, with Crane researched and Senate Level 25, approximate time for building farm level 40 is around 22 - 23 hours ... Seriously it appears as rather a waste of time ....
So gold users cut it with gold, while non premium using resources..

Yes, I understand what you're saying. Gold buying is the way InnoGames makes its profit..If it let's users use resources to cut building times which is a premium feature it will cut revenue. I understand that you need a lot of resources to do this, but also how will it be fair for those that purchase premium to get a premium feature that is available even when you don't have to spend money?

DeletedUser30767

I understand that you need a lot of resources to do this, but also how will it be fair for those that purchase premium to get a premium feature that is available even when you don't have to spend money?

It will be fair because they wont be losing their resources ... the non premium players will .... This is a simple give and take .... And resources are extremely important to build up your cities in any world .... Its always going to be a tough choice whether to use it or not .... But a player who plays all day long will have his activity rewarded because he can farm more often and get the resources ....

Plus to make it more fair, i have already said you can change the reduction from instead of 50% to say 30% or 25% ..

All i am trying to say is .. there should be an option, even if its a bit costly for non premium players

DeletedUser

Still not sure whether or not I'm on board with this idea, but I will get phoenix to come take a look.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

first of all i personally love ideas like this :D i have been racking my brain for months for some kind of idea like this :p

now to set that aside from my gamer opinion, let us look at this . . . i like the fact that the original percentage was 50%, i also dont think it should change . . . now this may look beneficial for non-premis in the beginning and i agree with that, it will help level the playing field (so to speak) and create a more equal atmosphere . . .

whereas for premium players , gold is a better option otherwise they will have to give in a large amount of resources ...

i disagree . . . wen we start looking further down the ingame road is wen this idea begins to fall apart . . . while new players will still get a sense of a boost, existing players will start cutting back on gold . . . later on in the game certain alliances develop a "safe zone" mainly because they own the block and no other alliances CS can make the trip or a fast one . . . this means those players have countless cities out of the battlefield fully equipped with max defenses and maxed out warehouses . . . they will send these resources to newer cities so they can cut the build times in half, no longer realle needing gold to do it

the first time u use gold to cut a single building time, is wen its most beneficial to the player . . . after that the "benefit" begins to shift to innogames . . . if the second time u do it u use resources, that pushes the benefit further to the player, and some players may stop at 4 hours for their senate which mean innogames lost money

i will not say this idea wont work, or that inno will not take an idea like this on . . . but my points alone (dont know if anyone else has said this) is reason enough for them to not want to do this . . . yes it provides help to non premis in the beginning and its not better than gold, but later in the game players are either gonna waste resources by keeping their warehouses full, or by cutting down building times, either way they are gonna waste resources

so another for abuse prevention would be some sort of cut off (whether it be player points, # of cities, # of days the player has been active, etc) . . . because even if a premium player used gold the 1st time and resources second, and then gold again, the player still is the one benefiting and innogames is losing money

oh and this idea is not an improvement . . . it is a development for sure :p

so moved to developments

DeletedUser30767

wheres my +rep ??? ... you said you like the idea ... Just kidding!!.. :p ;)

On a serious note,

Well, first of all thank you, for posting these points..

i admit i had not thought about the later game abuses ...

So just to put what you said in perspective, I think an amendment can be made for the cutoff as 10,000 points for speed 1, 20,000 points for speed 2 and 30,000 points for speed 3 ..

This or the player has 3 cities, whichever comes before ... or if you want to go for days - 90 days in speed 1, 45 days in speed 2 and 30 days in speed 3

As for the 50%, I decided to reduce it based on the feedback i got from other senior players and Lane ...

And last about development , i was new when i came so did not know to which it would belong ... so put it as improvement .. :)

DeletedUser

wheres my +rep ??? ... you said you like the idea ... Just kidding!!.. :p ;)

hmm uh (think) where did i say i liked this idea in particular :p

On a serious note,

Well, first of all thank you, for posting these points..

i admit i had not thought about the later game abuses ...

So just to put what you said in perspective, I think an amendment can be made for the cutoff as 10,000 points for speed 1, 20,000 points for speed 2 and 30,000 points for speed 3 ..

This or the player has 3 cities, whichever comes before ... or if you want to go for days - 90 days in speed 1, 45 days in speed 2 and 30 days in speed 3

As for the 50%, I decided to reduce it based on the feedback i got from other senior players and Lane ...

And last about development , i was new when i came so did not know to which it would belong ... so put it as improvement .. :)

wat i highlighted in bold made no sense :p . . . if ur gonna do it by points that is perfect, but u did it backwards lol, the faster the world speed the faster u get resources and the faster things build, u would want the speed 3 worlds' cut off to be lower than the speed 1 worlds . . . although u can argue that speed 1 worlds is where this idea would be more useful and therefore be used more, which brings me to my next suggestion

i realize that i gave u a couple cut off ideas however i just thought of a new one :D . . . wat if the cut off was not point value or days or cities and instead was gold itself :p . . . every player starts off with the ability to use this resource construction feature until they use gold (meaning any advisors, halving times, using it for phoenician trader, events, etc.) then this way it will truly be only something non-premis can use :p i know long shot but could look good on the idea in inno's eyes :D

and lastly the underlined stuff :( . . . i dont think people realize from an innogames point of view how this idea would look (trust me i have a hard time of doing it myself) the reason i said the percentage should stay the same, is because anything higher would be an injustice, and anything lower would be too easy . . . 50% is fair and will make u think twice before using half the resources u just spent on getting it done faster, if im not mistaken only 1 person actually said the % was too high . . . lane said it wouldnt be fair to premium players and u assumed he was referring to the resource %

to make it look more appealing to innogames, i do believe the % should be at 50 . . . anything above would be unfair to the players, and anything below might cost innogames money by players not buying gold

DeletedUser30767

hmm uh (think) where did i say i liked this idea in particular :p

Just read your previous post .. I have bold the important parts ...that should clear it up .. :p

first of all i personally love ideas like this :D i have been racking my brain for months for some kind of idea like this :p

Regarding the 50% to 30% reduction ... this is in terms of the time ... ie how much construction time is reduced ...
for resources , u can keep it as 50% of resources...

And yes i love your concept of cutoff using premium .. but it may just be possible that IG sees this, as dissuading people from using premium, on surface... However, deeply its a good thought ...

However, just to go on your idea further more .... like you mentioned in your first post ... after some time .. players do have very big warehouses etc...
We can remove this as a whole for say, after 180 days for speed 1, 90 for speed 2 and 60 for speed 3(after implementing the no premium rule) .. the no. of days can be adjusted as required ...

DeletedUser

Good idea. Push this to vote! I'd rep helliswell, but I already did in the past.

DeletedUser30767

Just to bring your attention to this phoenix ,.... I posted some new suggestions you did not responded to ... Waiting to get your and other seniors (where are they?? ) feedback

DeletedUser30767

Any replies anyone on this idea ???? ... Further suggestions on how to move forward this idea????

DeletedUser31931

I like it but it will NOT be implemented even if it passes voting with 100%. Why you ask?

It cuts down on the amount of gold used/bought. End of story.

Dont get me wrong...I LOVE this, but am just speaking truth.

+repped for the idea.
Unfortunately this is the truth. This is just another one of those ideas posted by somebody who doesn't have a business mind and hasn't realized that grepolis is a company, meaning they need to make money.

DeletedUser30767

Unfortunately this is the truth. This is just another one of those ideas posted by somebody who doesn't have a business mind and hasn't realized that grepolis is a company, meaning they need to make money.

you may think so but this is not the case.. As i have pointed out in the previous discussions , it will be a win win situation both for company as well as for players...

DeletedUser23222

Great discussion. But the idea seems dead on arrival. Premium purchases don't just return a profit for INNO - the gold pays for the game entirely. Each player costs INNO money and perversely the most active players cost more because they place more of a load on the server and staff. Very active non-premium players are the biggest freeloaders of all. So why does INNO allow non-premium players at all? Because the non-premiums make the game more attractive for the premium players. More activity, a richer environment, more targets. This is a very sensitive and interesting dynamic balance in the free-to-play design. What you propose has the potential to really upset that balance.

Premium players use the administrators of course, but that is chump change. The big spending happens for building and unit speed ups. This is not speculation. Your idea will surely lessen revenue while increasing costs.

I am also troubled by the mention of trading for in-game currency. Bad idea. This is how gold-farming starts - which leads to an explosion in scam accounts and botting. One reason that Grepolis is relative free of this now is that in-game trading is quite limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.