Contemplating creating a team for learner's

DeletedUser42565

I know this may sound a bit daft to some, but I am contemplating creating a team to help teach folk's the game.

I was thinking this would mean working on a pre-made of sort's and getting a few experienced hands to help me out. working out in the rim, away from all the main wars with the aim of most folk's actually leaving to go join one of the bigger team's. I'm thinking this might help eliminate some academies and allow some other teams to stick around a bit longer before merges and the like start to happen.
so as the aim would be for folk's to join the bigger teams should we look to set up in the four corners of the world?

How to quite work all this out to actually work is getting me a bit confused so I wanted to ask folk's what they think?
Is it even a good idea? has it been tried before?

DeletedUser48423

You would need to get couple great players that would actually want to stick around,and not get persuaded when bigger alliances try to get them to join. I think the best platform of joining would be to try enter rim far away from core like oceans 74/75/84/85. I see them oceans being the best place to stick players that want to learn how to play the game and coordinate attacks and work operations and find quicker ways to grow. If you stick them in core they will be eatin up by bigger alliances that know how to play, you would need to work some diplomatic situations with other alliances from the beginning first day your team joins to make sure you have protectors to help you in times of need. Basic things I can think of to help you out 5 years of experience here but not looking to join no future worlds.

Hope that helps bio.

DeletedUser42565

yeah it's defo going to be tough, but I think it might actually help the game out a bit. Thank's for your post
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

DeletedUser46395

Time was when that's what alliances did, and what academies were. In the days when there were good MRAs, they would teach people how to play and because most alliances were similar, it was possible to do it even in the core. There's huge satisfaction in teaching people how to play and getting them up to a respectable standard, but it seems few can be bothered to do it these days.

DeletedUser54495

Lol, I started on the rim of en94 Mesembria after getting wiped out the first time in the core... but it has been good. A few other experienced players with myself leading an alliance full of new guys... sure sometimes we announce an OP and one of them (used to before alot of us got bigger) would send a CS without getting the city in revolt or researching revolt, but it's satisfying teaching people and seeing them learning. I can tell you now we have brought at least 30 people in to the depths of the game who otherwise would've ditched it a few days after starting. :D

If we want Grepo to not go downhill this is one of the things we need to start accepting. Remember that we were all new once, and you will realise that the welcome you got on your first world was probably alot warmer than the welcomes you are dishing out now!!

Also we would need Inno to stop making huge gold packages.. but I will keep that out of this thread. lol

DeletedUser41523

Imo Olous or worlds like it are perfect for doing this. The low unit speed, mid build speed, and morale make it an ideal training ground.

DeletedUser42565

Time was when that's what alliances did, and what academies were. In the days when there were good MRAs, they would teach people how to play and because most alliances were similar, it was possible to do it even in the core. There's huge satisfaction in teaching people how to play and getting them up to a respectable standard, but it seems few can be bothered to do it these days.

That's how I remember it too buddy, and I think in most part's it is missing nowadays, as for teaching a new group of players in a core now would be nigh on impossible. It's thinking like this that well got me thinking on setting up a team.

DeletedUser42565

Imo Olous or worlds like it are perfect for doing this. The low unit speed, mid build speed, and morale make it an ideal training ground.

That's true, but I also think we loose some players on the slower worlds as they are slow in nature and a lot of peep's prefer the faster world's, maybe I would need to open up a team on each new world, so there is always a representative somewhere to advise.

DeletedUser42565

Thank's for all comment's folk's all are a good help, on that note I would need more help on revolt worlds as that's not my best by miles
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser41523

Yes but if you drop into a 3/3 conq or revolt a team of noobs is just going to be eaten or forced to merge.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i dislike slow worlds for playing but i think TSF is right. if you are teaching/ learning, a slower (not turtle speed tho) world allows mistakes to happen and time to fix them. an alliance cap of 50 (maybe 75 but no more or ppl get lost), with at least 20% vets, would allow teams. this could be based on time zones, preferred playing style of leaders, etc. having never played on the rim, i'm not sure how much action there is. the core may be too deep of water but the rim may be too shallow. perhaps starting 3-4 days late into the server so you end up in the middle as a suggestion. just the opinion of one who really appreciated those who taught her.

DeletedUser13405

Dave...really solid idea mate.

I would look for a speed 2, no morale world and look to drop away from the core with a few experienced hands and just recruit the area. You could always pact with one of the larger core alliances and teach the game to players and then funnel the players off.

MissusR

Phrourach
I do have some indirect experience. The Kindred formed Grepo Academy (Later grepo Veterans) on Corinth. Sole purpose a training academy. It worked well and Kindred was a great teacher. In fact I still use some of his guides today. He allowed his trainees to pick an alliance of their own choice when ready to leave. Thats the moment when the brown stuff hit the fan. Some went to the number 1 alliance Permanent Ban . Suddenly Kindred was labeled as PB trainer and his little trainees where attacked 24/7. No amount of talks and assurances helped.