Pnp Content Dump: Scientific Research Into Late-Stage Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennaone

Phrourach
There's a lot to say about this world so for now I'll focus on the most frustrating topic: being incessantly accused and reported for cheating by people that don't understand in-game mechanics (primarily GA/TBC).

Disclaimer: I'm not denigrating new players here, everyone was at one point a noob who had to learn the way the game works (Meme has entire channels dedicated to this btw). My target of criticism is the stubbornness exhibited by our opposition. I even made active efforts in PM's to teach and walk people through just how to properly time commands, yet they refused to believe it was possible. We live-streamed a timed lineup on an enemy leader and MM'd the link to their entire alliance, still, they refused to believe we weren't cheating...

Below is a short compilation of our interactions with our enemies as well as a few snippets from their own discord (this was always the juiciest content. :chefskiss:)

While I hope you get an idea of TBC/GA mentality, understand that these screenshots represent only the metaphorical iceberg-top of how deep their delusion actually ran. Every lost city and every sniped CS was scripting/botting (I was unaware those terms were interchangeable but thanks GA for teaching me something new). I'd strike up a conversation with a random player in their Sister-sister alliance for shits and giggles and this guy would shoot back out of nowhere that we were nothing but dirty cheaters.

Now look, I understand the political importance of propaganda, especially in an environment like grep where strong morale is critical. So if the GA/TBC leaders were spewing this BS to their players in a calculated move to keep coalition morale stable despite their near recurring defeats, I'd tip my hat and not be fussed.

Unfortunately, most of leadership was just as deluded as their players.

There was hope at the start, a few individuals seemingly exhibited signs of moderate sentience when they were able to actually entertain an opposing viewpoint. "Maybe they're not really cheating" -- this was a pretty hot take, the only supporting evidence was the fact that I was never banned. I mean, any GA/TBC'er worth his salt would already know that my ban immunity isn't a result of my purity as a player but my deep connections with the Mods. Dirty Memers.

Anyways, the wild notion that we were not actually using timing bots/scripts became an opinion that was quickly consumed by the predominant group-think, they're only beating us because they're cheaters, and the mention of the mere possibility became smaller and smaller over time.

Last thing before I get to the content dump, I'll summarize why this mentality is so frustrating.

1) It slanders the quality of my team's work, coordination and achievements
2) Seeing how obstinate a group can be over such a simple issue makes even a doomer like myself lose some of the little faith I had left in humanity.
3) Dealing with tickets, even unmerited ones, is incredibly annoying.

siren convo.png

Thirteen reports between just two players is peak comedy, but honestly, by the end of the server, I'd guess the average GA/TBC'er must've had 15+ reports logged. Also, ragging on the "inno idiots" is extra ironic when they're being forced to deal with so much extra work thanks to your own idiocy. They're even giving you advice on how to stop us because they want to help.

unknown.png

Fyi, heavy frontline LTS became the standard throughout the following weeks and months.

I only reported two people in 136, Charlie and TJ Kaniben. Roughly 80% of these are disputes with the Mods over alleged infractions, the rest misc questions. Not a single report on me resulted in a ban or warning*, the few that did were always lifted after discussions with the Mods. I was only ever banned once, for MM'ing the enemy team (I wasn't aware that mass mailing the server was against TOS). So despite never being guilty of what I was getting reported for I was forced to spend countless hours not even playing the game but going on trial and trying to explain myself to the mods.

*I only have one single fair play warning-- from the first month, now expired--due to dirty catting Gaby Kitty for six hours. The awarding ticket is printed out, framed, and now adorns my bedroom wall.

Content Dump (located in the spoiler in the first reply)
Pt.1 - Discord Chats
Pt.2 - In-game PM's

Disclaimer: Before anyone accuses me of subterfuge and unethical behavior for owning an account in the enemy team's discord, please understand it was fully consensual.
unknown.png

Last edited:

Pennaone

Phrourach
unknown.png

Starting us off is the veteran himself (the "they" in his message are the mods)

unknown.png

I think Gaby would feel better if she knew that my antitimer is set to +/- 2sec. I may be a no ethic player but I still believe in sportsmanship.

unknown.png

Meme Machine, making the impossible possible.

unknown.png

Only bot can do it! The most ironic part of this whole situation is that from what I've seen, there's no bot that can come close to matching a player's potential timing capabilities.

unknown.png

It's called cheating, plain and simple

unknown.png

Ngl I was surprised when I saw them link Shuri's guide, I grew hopeful that maybe they'd finally understand. However, I don't think anyone bother to read past the first few lines because it was hardly ever brought up again

unknown.png

What can I say gaby? Meme Monkeys are just built different

unknown.png

For the record, bots are notoriously easy to beat. If you discover an enemy botting it's essentially free cities. Meme bot built different tho ofc.

unknown.png

Big bad ipadAndy

unknown.png

This is a personal favorite. Grepodata site went down and they put a random meme as their 404 error message. Tod reported this to the grepolis moderators. God I would pay big money to get those tickets.

unknown.png

Internally, the funniest bit of this whole ss for us was Avdryz claiming that they were kicking our *** two months ago

unknown.png

If Joe Biden were in TBC he'd call us Meme Malarkey

unknown.png

Combined grepo experience of twenty years in this image ladies and gents...

unknown.png

Punchy actually learned to time through the aforementioned program for new players, Meme University. He was open to the fact that he could improve and he has now surpassed us all; I wish he exists in your memory as a ray of hope, a beam of light that reveals to you that, if you only humble yourself before the Lord, you too can achieve greatness.

ofc_bc_bot.png

I am the dev, fear me

unknown.png

If I was getting CS'd and my leader told me "send a ticket" I'd tell him to suck my agora. Send a ticket. This is the state of their alliance and they have the audacity to claim Meme is winning because of bots and foul-play.

Dantes_2.png

I'm not very good at mathematics, but I'd guess this guy is probably worse

hebotscontent.png

Post live-stream, shockingly some stick to their guns, and others shift the possible botting to my teammates instead.

iulicontent.png

An assorted collection of random one-liners

LaDouce_4.png

No better way to start our in-game collection off than with one of the most consistent mongs throughout Grepo history, Whiplady/Ingrid.

unknown.png

It's elementary, my dear boy, Bot is when no anchor.

unknown.png

Everyone knows you need the boys to teamviewer the bot so it doesn't get up to anything suspicious.

unknown.png

My boy Gregg here was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but trust me, he makes up for it with an exquisite singing voice.
(
)

unknown.png

It was kinda endearing at first

bugeyes10

Phrourach
Left out the screenshot of us getting told we're going to "make a lot of experienced players quit"

and by experienced players they meant players who have played for years yet refused to learn how to play the game.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
aaahh i remember when they introduced sirens for the first time and people lost their minds about timings.. saying its cheating lol

Margery

Taxiarch
I was in Meme for this server and these constant false accusations of cheating is the real reason the game is being killed.

I was a Wonder Sitter and I would have dropped them if I thought for one minute any of us were cheating.

Some of the accusers, I have played with before and know full well how great timing is achieved. I think they just wanted to keep their troops riled up for the fight.

Until today I had no idea about the massive scope and scale of these ludicrous accusations. It's disgusting and insulting.

Urope

Hipparchus
I was in Meme for this server and these constant false accusations of cheating is the real reason the game is being killed.

I was a Wonder Sitter and I would have dropped them if I thought for one minute any of us were cheating.

Some of the accusers, I have played with before and know full well how great timing is achieved. I think they just wanted to keep their troops riled up for the fight.

Until today I had no idea about the massive scope and scale of these ludicrous accusations. It's disgusting and insulting.
I never saw you timing like your mates , so I wonder Margery ... didn't you read the instructions given ? or didn't you look at the timings of your mates ?

Besides this (personally I don't know if there was cheating or not or if those who had those perfect timings (very few of Meme, by the way) are just hiper fast) I think this forum and grepo worlds are full of bashing, trash talking .

Is calling others cockroaches and apes not disgusting and insulting ? or a sign of high level of civilisation ?

For sure not a funny place to play or read forums

Wonder how many mean comments I'll get for this post

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I never saw you timing like your mates , so I wonder Margery ... didn't you read the instructions given ? or didn't you look at the timings of your mates ?

Besides this (personally I don't know if there was cheating or not or if those who had those perfect timings (very few of Meme, by the way) are just hiper fast) I think this forum and grepo worlds are full of bashing, trash talking .

Is calling others cockroaches and apes not disgusting and insulting ? or a sign of high level of civilisation ?

This is a response to the constant barrage of accusations and insults from your team, calling players like Penn cheating.

Any choice wording on his part is retaliatory.

And the reason you didn’t see Margery timing is because he was across 44 and 54. Given that you guys never got anywhere near those oceans until the server ended, he’d have had to travel 3 hours to even find one of your cities.

totosa

Hipparchus

here's what usually happens:

player a times a cs on player b

player b starts crying and calls out player a for botting --> player a start laughing because player b doesnt know what timing is and tries to explain him that it is actually possible without bot --> player b refuses to accept he is worse than player a --> player b starts crying into the chats and in tickets to mods --> player b complains that other ppl dont understand his point where timing is not possible and ppl can lock maximum 3 attacks at same second or its botting --> everyone laughs at player b

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
It's shocking how long Sirens have been a feature now and people still think good timing is botting. It's just simple maths, but an enormous amount of Grepo boomers are monkey brains so eh

TheOldestDear promised to get my winning team on en140 mass-banned too, not a single person got banned.

elifoxo

Hipparchus

048D915C-4A24-4052-B51A-54209E16C1F7.png
Quiet monkey

Attachments

• C447B14D-B7DD-4AF9-A55F-E98E010A02FA.png
    C447B14D-B7DD-4AF9-A55F-E98E010A02FA.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.