Discussion Contributing to Farm Levels

DeletedUser

This is total garbage why schould you put in your time and resoses into uping a farm just to have those who don't upgrade themselfs the guys who did this must have been sleeping on the job or just dips!!!!!!!:Angry:

DeletedUser

I disagree, I think the new farming system is a huge improvement over the old system.

First, in both systems people who don't contribute to building the strength (or level) of the village can benefit from the work of others. At least in the new system the leeches who refuse to help build the strength of the villages do not damage the strength of the villages that I have built up when they loot.

Second, under the old system it could actually be somewhat detrimental to have two or more alliance mates on the same island, since they would be interfering with each other's collection of resources from the farming villages. Under the new system it is actually a huge advantage to have multiple active alliance / pact members on the same island, in fact I would be willing to bet that we will see more instances of highly active alliances attempting to take over entire islands so that they can max the farms and no-one outside the alliance / pact get the benefits.

DeletedUser

I have no problem with more than 1 member on same island. And so what your saying than if you up it to 5 and I put in 1 wood I can loot it to the point that you wont be able to? Also your still feeding your enemys on same island or friends of your enemys through trade. What they schould of done is make it so it only affects you and you alone so with the time you put in is not a total waste!!

DeletedUser

I don't understand your response.
What I was saying was that under the old system, when someone else looted a village it reduced the strength of the village for everyone, likewise if someone built up village strength it improved it for everyone, so after I built up strength to 100%, people on my island could (and did) loot the village so that the strength decreased without ever helping to build it back up.
Whereas under the new system, while my input still helps them (by raising the village level), their extracting resources does not hurt me. So I see this as a HUGE improvement over the old system.

My other point is that if you don't want to share your resources with your enemies, keep your enemies off your island! This is a wargame after all.

Wanting your interactions with farming villages to be completely unaffected by the other players on your island is not, to my mind, in keeping with the motif of a multiplayer wargame.

DeletedUser

When you loot a village, the amount you loot only affects you. The maximum total only applies to you. Yes, putting in resources helps everyone, but looting only hurts you, nobody else.

DeletedUser

When you loot a village, the amount you loot only affects you. The maximum total only applies to you. Yes, putting in resources helps everyone, but looting only hurts you, nobody else.

Exactly, this is why I consider the new farming system an improvement over the old. (where shared "strength" value meant that I could build up strength of a village only to find someone looted some of the strength away before my looting attack landed.

DeletedUser

I would like to see the farming level amount of resources increase by a larger percentage for each level higher you make it. The amount that it goes up is to small compared to the amount of resources needed to make it go up.

I would like to see the type of troops and the amount of troops you can demand increase as the farm level increases also. As they currently sit, its not worth demanding troops.