Creative Writing Competition #16

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser8396

Hey Everyone!

This month I am especially excited! With the extravagant help of Lane, we have chosen a splendid topic for you to write on!

The August/September Competition's topic is: Fantasy! I'm sure you all can make a beautiful tale of lands of old and of the beyond, so hop to it!

__________________________________​

General Rules:

Only one entry may be submitted per user.
Writing may be in any format, and there is no word limit.
Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
Entries must be submitted to me, in private. Please do so via private message or Skype.
Authors must remain anonymous until the voting stage is complete.
Advertisement of specific pieces or vote rigging of any nature is prohibited.

Disqualifications:

Plagiarism will result in disqualification from the current competition, but you will be able to participate in the following months. Second offences will result in disqualification from all future competitions.
Advertising will result in disqualification of the current competition and permanent disqualification upon second offences.
Vote rigging will result in an instant ban from the current and all future competitions, without exception.
Please note that this is not exhaustive and I reserve the right to exercise my discretion where it is appropriate.

The System:

Users have fourteen days to submit their entries to me. If there are too few entries - the competition will not go ahead with under three submissions - I will extend this period at my discretion. You will be informed in this case.
Once the submission phase is over, the entries will be put up for public voting. They will remain anonymous until the voting period is over! In the case of a tie, this period will either be extended or a new poll will be made, consisting of the tied entries only.

Rewards:

For first place:

I will personally create a congratulatory thread for you to flaunt!
200 gold will be arranged for transferal to an account of your choice! I will PM you regarding this.
And you will also receive the muse title for ONE MONTH:
Musecopy.png

And for second place:
You will now receive the scholar title for one month:
Scholarcopy.png

The Schedule:

Competition begins: Now!
Voting Begins: 9/14/14
Result Announcement: 9/18/14

Show me what you've got guys!​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

The August Competition's topic is: Fantasy! I'm sure you all can make a beautiful tale of lands of old and of the beyond, so hop to it!

Isn't this the September Competition, A pebble?

DeletedUser

I believe he kept the August Theme and moved it to September's theme as the August one was cancelled? Either way I accept the challenge.

DeletedUser5819

Wasn't it cancelled due to lack of..erm...entries?

Or possibly because of the excellent Rhammus settings I guess.

DeletedUser25971

Voting Begins: 9/14/14

I'm new to this part of the forum. Are there any updates on this competition? If so where can I find them?

DeletedUser8396

Could've swore I made this start the 21st. I'll have the poll later today or tomorrow. My apologies.

DeletedUser8396

Due to one method one writing was submitted, I am not able to retrieve it at the moment. I will do my best to obtain the entry by tomorrow. I will PM you if it is your piece I am having issue with. Please do not post asking if it is you in this thread. Thank you.

DeletedUser

I tried my hardest but simply couldn't think of a good fantasy story to submit. :(

DeletedUser8396

My apologies for the delay. I've still yet to get in contact with the other entrant.

DeletedUser25971

For first place:
And you will also receive the muse title for ONE MONTH:
Musecopy.png

And for second place:
You will now receive the scholar title for one month:
Scholarcopy.png

Now that voting is over will this be happening soon?

DeletedUser8396

I will inform the higher ups to reward the winners. Should be within 1-4 days.

Zarun-

Strategos
I never, never like any of these contests. And they are always of the same vein.

Can we please start doing different things in the future? No good ideas atm though.

But writing things, making lists, and spotting differences is all it ever seems to be.