Criminal Intent

DeletedUser

I've been feeling rather jaded lately, what with all the constant building of cities and fighting, so I thought I'd try a new direction in epsilon and become a cyber-criminal.

So I mailed the top ten players:
I'm sending this to the top 10 players on this world.
Well done, a splendid achievement, but unfortunately celebrity and success has its downside too. I am a small time crook, a man of no consequence but with a family to feed - and a manufacturer of bolts. I've been wondering how to turn these bolts into something useful, so I shall ask you all the same thing.

Once a week I shall bolt one of you at random, unless each of you sends me 500 resource (any resource, doesn't matter, I can sell it on the black market). If you send the resource I will cross you off my list for that week and one of the other top 10 players will receive the bolt instead (chosen completely at random).

That's right - you pay me and you get immunity for the week. If you don't pay, you take the risk of being bolted. If anyone else pays and you don't, then the probability of you being bolted goes up accordingly. Think of it as a kind of insurance. For big guys like you 500 resource is a drop in the ocean but receiving a bolt can be very expensive. No one but me will EVER know who has paid and who has not, you can depend on it - I do know how to run a business and discretion is assured.

If everybody pays their 'premium' then the favour will be distributed as 4 chariots instead - the recipients chosen at random from the top 10 players.

I also have bolts to sell (about 1 a week). They cost 4000 resource and you nominate the recipient and you get sent the report screenshot. Again, this is a totally confidential service.

If you do not have a level 10 market yet then I will take an IOU for insurance payments (not bolting commissions) for this week only and good for 5 days from now, but if you default you will be bolted later.

The deadline for insurance payment is 12:00 noon server time April 3rd. No further reminder will be given.

If you have any questions please mail, but no abuse please - this is a game and we can all play in our own way.

When the deadline expired the 'winner' got their bolt. I still had plenty of favour, so I mailed again:

The insurance premium payment deadline has now elapsed and the lucky winner among the non-payers has lost a level on their senate with damage approx = 12,500 units of resource.
You can now see what great value the premium payments represent. For the cost of that one bolt the non-payer could have had almost 6 months' protection.

As business is always a bit slow with new enterprises I am happy to announce that I shall be providing a 'bonus bolt' as an Easter special this Monday.

The terms and conditions are exactly as posted to you before, except that the insurance premium is a modest 400 units of silver (cash only!) and that the winner of today's bolt will not be eligible to enter or win, nor will those who have already paid this week (they all know who they are).

The deadline for payment for the rest of you is 12:00 noon server time Easter Monday 5th April, so don't delay in getting it to me.

Now I daresay some of you will be worrying about missing payments. You will wake up in the night thinking, 'did I pay my premium this week?' or 'will the merchants be quick enough?' and 'why does he not take standing orders?' Fret no more – I shall soon be introducing easy terms for monthly cover.

So, don't be a skinflint – you can't buy anything real with that silver anyway – get your premium paid, enjoy the game and I hope the Easter Bunny brings you lots of eggs.

I hope this brings some amusement and interest to the game.

DeletedUser

10/10 for effort. Though anyone who pay you resources won't be in the top ten for long, one bolt a week is never going to affect anyone.

DeletedUser

Zounds!!

Definitely high marks for style and audacity! =)

Thanks for the good laugh!

~Beans

DeletedUser

you do realise you are not offically screwed?
because i will bolt you whenever i can now...
i would if it wasn't nick named noob tool.
lets see...
your gonna get your *** kicked
you are soo screwed because most of the top 10 are in the mad ones...
that means your now dealing with the worlds most dangerous alliance including me.
if you bolt any one of us....
say your prayers and.... anything eles because we are now coming to get you.....
MUWhahaha*cough*hahah*cough*

don't take this post seriously...
unless dobby or the person who you tried to black mail say yes....

p.s your dead

DeletedUser2795

Maybe I should try that, except threaten that if they do not farm me, then I will send them resources as soon as I get a level 10 market :)

DeletedUser

Easter Monday Special

Today's lucky winner had their silver mine downsized to level 33. That's a false economy for the non-payer; it'll cost about 12k of resource to put that back the way it was.

Moving on, the next bolt-lottery will be drawn on Saturday 12th April, 12 noon server-time. The current world top ten players get automatic entry:
Aurave;Kvappe;Papa Rymes;Gravitic Implosion;dark sibling;Sanosun;Dyridian;drb81;glub;koja;​

It's all changing at the top and we have 5 new entrants this week. With so many new players a reminder of the terms and conditions will be sent out.

A payment of 400 silver coins will ensure that your name is not on the list when the winner's name is chosen at random from the above list next Saturday.

Have a good week everyone.

DeletedUser

anticote your soo screwed now

p.s

BOLT WAR!
that right your gonna get screwed badly.
and when i mean screwed i think i get about 5 players bolting you

DeletedUser

oh and bolt war thing was just a joke...
but seriously everytime you try to black mail a person which is twice now...
i'll bolt you twice as much. :D
should i? i'm still deciding what to do. i could bolt you and loook like a noob.... or do nothing and look at other people being bolted....

DeletedUser

i don't take advice from people who i don't know or people outside my alliance!

DeletedUser

oh and bolt war thing was just a joke...
but seriously everytime you try to black mail a person which is twice now...
i'll bolt you twice as much. :D
should i? i'm still deciding what to do. i could bolt you and loook like a noob.... or do nothing and look at other people being bolted....

If you would like to see anyone in particular getting bolted I also operate a bolting service for 4000 silver. I send a report screenshot as confirmation. It's an anonymous service and although I inform the victim that they been bolted to order (otherwise they may think I am behaving unprofessionally) there is absolute discretion on who my client is.
Bolt availability subject to demand.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

do yourself a favor bolt yourself

DeletedUser

you know what?
because i ain't a low life.
antiochus if you don't stop blackmailing people i would attak you everyday

DeletedUser

*give dragon1988 5 cookies*
My power of bribery works!

I think...Anywho, yeah Antiochus u r doing a very low thing and should not be so proud about it.

DeletedUser

A weekly update. Again the top 10 players in this world have been mailed:

Antiochus today at 4:10 PM
A quick reminder of the rules as we have a lot of new faces in the top 10

Once a week I shall bolt one the top ten players in epsilon as at today, unless that player pays for protection. If you get this mail, you are on the list this week. If you send 400 silver to me by Saturday 12 noon I will cross you off my list for this week and one of the other top 10 players will receive the bolt instead (chosen completely at random).

If you pay up, you get immunity for the week. If you don't, you take the risk of being bolted. If anyone else pays and you don't, then the probability of you being bolted goes up accordingly. Think of it as insurance. For big guys like you 400 silver is nothing but receiving a bolt can be very expensive. No one but me will EVER know who has paid and who has not, you can depend on it - discretion is assured.

If everybody pays their 'premium' then the favour will be distributed as 4 chariots instead - the recipients chosen at random from the top 10 players. If you all work together you can turn that annoying bolt into beautiful chariots.

Anything unclear? Let me know and I will explain. Good work in climbing to the top.
Play on!

Now that's cheap chariots if these guys can get their act together.

Posters: before disparaging my character please read my in-game profile.

DeletedUser

shut the hell up i am soo annoyed with you i am this close -- from calling a bolt war....
if you bolt someone from now on... i'll bolt you twice and hopefully hit your temple