Criminal Intent

DeletedUser

whatever, it still bad, this is a war game not a extortion game.

DeletedUser

if he does i'm attaking him (even though it takes 16 hour, plenty of time to build defences)
then bolt,
then wait for favor.
rinse and repeat :D

DeletedUser

dragon1988, I don't think you really understood the point of this thread and the genius that this guy is. If you would have looked pass the blackmail this guy made up and analyze this context, you would have quickly figured out the genius behind ant. Ant +1 virtual rep. He is showing in a very literal way how much InnoGames has screwed up with the bolt. Ant is just one player, now think if 20 such players start doing this. It shows the flaw behind the bolt and shows how immediate action should be taken. I personally wish to have this feature removed/reduced efficiency, but had little way to break it to InnoGames. Now InnoGames has a live example of the flaw behind it in a very creative way. Hopefully this causes them to do something about this. Ant is doing everything legally and by the rules. The top 10 players can't do a thing against him as first of all, you can only cast 6 bolts per day and it will take up a heck lot of favour to demolish his town. He can easily continue building up his temple and leaving the rest of the buildings to be. No one smart enough will attack a guy 12+ hours away as they probably could find better use for it in those 24 hours the troops will be absent. I have a guy in alpha that doesn't even grow anymore or play, but he comes on every 2 days to cast his bolt in revenge to me clearing his noobish 200 farm slot army and farming him twice a day. I can't really conquer him as it would be a waste of 600000+ resources in cp to conquer a 2000 point village, and bolting him is pointless. Ant just showed an amazing solution to this dilemma. Hats off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

yeah but you can cast city protection to protect urself

DeletedUser

If you say that, you haven't read the whole thread on the subject. City Protection only allows your ennemy to accumulate favour for later. Moreover, when someone has multiple cities, it doesn't work, as you only have to cast on another city. Get informed on a subject when it's been debated for months if you really wanna make a point.

DeletedUser

you mean ant and i was doing the same thing :O
he was doing that and i was doing milita ship :O

DeletedUser

The 'win-a-chariot' competition is now officially closed.

There were 8 entries so I decided to pick the winner by binary chop using a coin. As I only had my credit card handy I used that, and at one point it fell behind a bookcase but the three necessary throws were eventually completed and the winner was :-
*pause*
*drumroll*

dragon1988

There were people whose postings were more deserving, but a random choice I promised and a random choice you got. A brand new chariot will be winging its way to you shortly.

There has been some speculation here that 'Extortion Inc.' may be going soft. I am happy to reassure our shareholders that that is emphatically not the case and that bolting will take place as advertised after 12.00 noon on Saturday.

There will however, be short pause in operations after that date while I am out of the country on an international assignment. Business will resume on my return.

(salvation369: 'genius'? It takes one to know one)

DeletedUser

The weekly bolt winner has been chosen from the top-10 list as at a few days ago and their wall reduced from level 16 to 15 in their many polis.

We are taking a works holiday here at 'Extortion Inc.' while the boss does some illegal gun-running and money laundering in the third world, but business will be back to normal in a few weeks' time.

Enjoy the premium holiday all you front-runners. See you in May.

DeletedUser

The 'win-a-chariot' competition is now officially closed.

There were 8 entries so I decided to pick the winner by binary chop using a coin. As I only had my credit card handy I used that, and at one point it fell behind a bookcase but the three necessary throws were eventually completed and the winner was :-
*pause*
*drumroll*

dragon1988

There were people whose postings were more deserving, but a random choice I promised and a random choice you got. A brand new chariot will be winging its way to you shortly.

There has been some speculation here that 'Extortion Inc.' may be going soft. I am happy to reassure our shareholders that that is emphatically not the case and that bolting will take place as advertised after 12.00 noon on Saturday.

There will however, be short pause in operations after that date while I am out of the country on an international assignment. Business will resume on my return.

(salvation369: 'genius'? It takes one to know one)

that must be random, that guy seems like he didn't like you very much, how do you choose people?

DeletedUser

that must be random, that guy seems like he didn't like you very much, how do you choose people?

As stated, the choice here was by binary chop as there were 8 entrants (ie a 50/50 event to keep halving the pool until 1 is left).
There are always 10 possible recipients for the bolt and the winner is selected on the basis of the timestamp on an arbitrarily selected in-game event such as the last report or mail received.

DeletedUser

Entrepreneurship: The assumption of risk and responsibility in designing and implementing a business strategy or starting a business.

Genius my man, genius!

DeletedUser

What a brilliant thread, had me laughing sooo much..and yes the bolt does need to be taken out, or modified.

DeletedUser

is it me or did nobody realise what he did untill that guy made a fantastic speach about antidote topic.

DeletedUser2795

Hmmm, When I get a temple should I do the same thing, or should I use earthquakes and destroy their walls, or should I instead worship Hera and threaten them with Happiness?

DeletedUser

I'm loving this, can't wait until may when we get the sequel :)

In consequence, creating an alliance dedicated solely to bolting would be the logical thing to do for a young and growing enterprise.

DeletedUser

I'm wondering - Are you thinking of franchising Extortion Inc ?