Cryptography

• Thread starter DeletedUser5832
  • Start date

DeletedUser5832

This thread is for feedback on the Cryptography research rebalancing.

DeletedUser

i still don't think i'd research this for an extra 10% effectively in the cave :(

DeletedUser

It's less useless... but yeah, there are still other, better choices out there on which RP can be spent better.

DeletedUser

Hmm on the right track.... Still a noob research though i think.

DeletedUser

Basically my reply for Espionage.

Given that level 10 caves can store an infinite number of silver, it becomes difficult to see their usefulness once all cities are churning out max potential silver at level 40 mines.

Given the limited availability of research points, and their potential to be used for more combat specific researches, I think inno will be hard pressed to find any significant spike in usage of the research, even with the rebalancing.

DeletedUser

rather useless....

I mean losing 900 silver on a 1k spy... big whoop! lol Would rather just save the research points for something else....

DeletedUser25380

Does it keep its current function too (a spy needs 20% more to crack the cave)? If it does, currently I use it occasionally, in later parts of the game (20% is a much bigger amount in later parts of the game with fully built and supplied caves) when I take over a city which cave is significantly under supplied, and a risk of getting spied on, or a bit too far to supply enough silver from my other cities in a rapid manner, or if the wonder stage has began and my trades are busy supplying the wonders, leaving nothing for my cities. Then I usually reset it later (or not, depending on the stage of the game).

DeletedUser

Really guys?

Does it keep its current function too (a spy needs 20% more to crack the cave)? If it does, currently I use it occasionally, in later parts of the game (20% is a much bigger amount in later parts of the game with fully built and supplied caves) when I take over a city which cave is significantly under supplied, and a risk of getting spied on, or a bit too far to supply enough silver from my other cities in a rapid manner, or if the wonder stage has began and my trades are busy supplying the wonders, leaving nothing for my cities. Then I usually reset it later (or not, depending on the stage of the game).

As far as I'm concerned this is a must have before you even finish your cave.. There are ways to skirt around the current system, without cheating, to crack any and all caves of a player open, if you know how to do it..

Because I do, I have this..

DeletedUser

As an alternative, how about this gives you what the Oracle currently gives you? i.e. you get to learn about successful spying attempts on the city.

DeletedUser

In my opinion I find cryptography research is a very useful tool I think 20% is fair why reduce it down to 10%?? for that reason if attacker wants your city that bad they should spend more silver to spy it to find out what's the city status & also it gives the defender more options to protect their own city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25074

Ok for this 1 i think it needs to be clarified lol. Is this a 10% buff to make it a 30% overall thing or is it a nerf to just make it a 10% baseline talent. If its a buff great :D if its a nerf it just sucks.