Inactive Topic CS Travel time increase based on slots available

• Thread starter DeletedUser21774
  • Start date

DeletedUser21774

A player should get an increased CS travel speed (time) of 10% for every 10 free slots available for colonization. This should stack with lighthouse and cartography.
Reason: Players stranded on the rim or entering late in a game with no enemies to fight need to be able to get into the action.

Example: A player has 20 free slots. The CS will travel 20% faster. A player with cartography and lighthouse would get the 1.10 x 1.15 x 1.2 factor.

Rationale: In one of my worlds, I find myself on the rim, with fewer and fewer islands to land on. 48 hours gets me close to the action only because free harbor slots are in the area. More mature and highly populated worlds could have more of a problem. If a player has many slots and no enemies in nearby oceans, with 20 free slots or more they probably are running festivals in lieu of battle. They NEED to travel to open new cities.

By limiting the additional travel time for the purpose of colonization, it prevents players from unfairly beating up smaller players many oceans away.

DeletedUser

omg how is someone going to have 10 open city slots?

DeletedUser

Don't see why this needs to be implemented... The CS will get there when it get's there.

DeletedUser

If you're on the rim and want to get to the core... just conquer 10 times to get there!
Why would you want a city that is that far away?

DeletedUser21774

I have 16 free slots in PSI due to game circumstances. I tried to quit and started giving away my cities. Then they talked me into sticking around. However again, no action and the world is shrinking.

The action is in oceans 54 and beyond. I'm stuck in 72/73. And the islands around me are losing landing berths. It's either quit the game or get lucky. Happens when rim players are stuck on the rim.

Happened to me in Llamda. I quit there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20429

I say No to this idea. Mainly because it would give larger players a massive advantage in conquering cities.

EDIT: No Format!

Last edited by a moderator: