Current events & WW race discussion

DeletedUser31143

Riot dont you dare leave the game our fun is not over by a long shot. :pro:

Just like you, I'm busy throwing resources into the Clocks' WW pit. Not much fun in that; attacking Artemisia's city was much more fun for me, but that was much less fun than fighting you guys, Black Dawn, TubOrg., DogPack, Dogs of Churchill, and a few others that we were constantly battling with.

I've noted one thing in common with those whining on this board ... they are all in premade alliances that aren't going to 'win the crown' (by dumping a ton of resources into their WW pits). In fact there are only 2 alliances in the top 12 that aren't premades or branches of premades - that's Vehemence and Clocks. Perhaps the whiners from the premades need to go back to the roots of the game and start in a world without being part of a premade.

Worst event ever in Grep history and you want to be smug about it? All you do is make grepo think it's a good idea and they'll probably do it again. The only good thing is I wont be around to see it. This game has really gone down a terrible road. Enjoy the gold trading next.

Skiboot, don't go away mad. Just go. Hanging out on the externals without playing is not normal behavior.
But you and I both know you'll be back ... anyone whose profile includes all of their awards from a world almost 3 years ago will be back (there's a Smash Mouth tune playing in my cranium case as I typed this sentence). Either as Skiboot or some other gamename.

Most alliances are a group of players who've came into the world together from another world.

There are 2 players left in HARPOON from RHO 17 .. me and Stirlo. The name has survived and we've always been up near the top.

The main thing i was getting at was the no pacts, no shared forums, only being able to support own team mates and no attacking own team mates.

And none of that will solve the 'problem'; premade alliances. You guys are fighting alongside and against the same people in world after world. You already know the tactics of your teammates and opponents when you start in a world.

I know that premades won't go away; I'd bet that the bulk of Inno's revenue is from members of premade alliances. But if you guys want a fair game, you'll join a world without premades. But I don't think that's what many complaining here want ... they want a crown and in order to get that, they want an unfair advantage over other teams/players by putting together the best possible premade.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47952

Just like you, I'm busy throwing resources into the Clocks' WW pit. Not much fun in that; attacking Artemisia's city was much more fun for me, but that was much less fun than fighting you guys, Black Dawn, TubOrg., DogPack, Dogs of Churchill, and a few others that we were constantly battling with.

I've noted one thing in common with those whining on this board ... they are all in premade alliances that aren't going to 'win the crown' (by dumping a ton of resources into their WW pits). In fact there are only 2 alliances in the top 12 that aren't premades or branches of premades - that's Vehemence and Clocks. Perhaps the whiners from the premades need to go back to the roots of the game and start in a world without being part of a premade.

Skiboot, don't go away mad. Just go. Hanging out on the externals without playing is not normal behavior.
But you and I both know you'll be back ... anyone whose profile includes all of their awards from a world almost 3 years ago will be back (there's a Smash Mouth tune playing in my cranium case as I typed this sentence). Either as Skiboot or some other gamename.

And none of that will solve the 'problem'; premade alliances. You guys are fighting alongside and against the same people in world after world. You already know the tactics of your teammates and opponents when you start in a world.

I know that premades won't go away; I'd bet that the bulk of Inno's revenue is from members of premade alliances. But if you guys want a fair game, you'll join a world without premades. But I don't think that's what many complaining here want ... they want a crown and in order to get that, they want an unfair advantage over other teams/players by putting together the best possible premade.

I agree 100%. Playing with friends is one thing. but all these premades made out of friends/enemies from other worlds were doomed from the start. If your alliance is not 100% with you then you have made a mistake. Go back and rethink what you could have done differently. I know I would not change many of my decisions.

DeletedUser

Some premades are simply friends playing together but agree that alot are simply put together with crowns in mind.

Im a bit indifferent with them, I have done both in joining whoever will have me vs starting with a set group.
For me the draw with starting in a pre-made would be if i had enjoyed playing with them before and regard them as friends.

skiboot

Phrourach
But you and I both know you'll be back ... anyone whose profile includes all of their awards from a world almost 3 years ago will be back (there's a Smash Mouth tune playing in my cranium case as I typed this sentence). Either as Skiboot or some other gamename

I'm not mad - more frustrated and disappointed about the way this game gets played now. And I've obviously made such a small impression on Nysa that you didn't even notice I'm here lol....

DeletedUser31143

Some premades are simply friends playing together but agree that alot are simply put together with crowns in mind.

Im a bit indifferent with them, I have done both in joining whoever will have me vs starting with a set group.
For me the draw with starting in a pre-made would be if i had enjoyed playing with them before and regard them as friends.

Even premades with friends simply playing together will have specific goals - and in this game, it's usually to get a crown. That was a huge reason why Clocks semi-imploded about halfway through the game ... there were some players who wanted to get a crown. I've been clear from the beginning that all I want to do is fight and have no desire for a crown. Some questioned as to the point of playing if I didn't want a crown ... to me, the fights are the only important thing whether attacking or defending. I was hoping to do more defending in this world, but I ended up attacking more than defending.

I've never played in a premade because I think that an important part of this game is helping to mentor newer players and starting new friendships. Even with opponents. I had hoped to be pacted with Black Dawn throughout Nysa, but it didn't work out that way - we had a choice of being pacted with Nis or Black Dawn; since Nis was next to us and Black Dawn was geographically separated, it was an easy choice.

I'm not mad - more frustrated and disappointed about the way this game gets played now. And I've obviously made such a small impression on Nysa that you didn't even notice I'm here lol....

Both grepointel and grepostats show Skiboot only active in EN54 and EN80, not EN77 (Nysa). Some players who have different ingame names will put their game name in their sig line ... I don't know who you are and which alliance you're in here in Nysa.

I haven't found that the game's changed much in the years that I've played. The main difference is the increased number of premades and the refinement of tactics that they use to get crowns. In Nysa, premades formed multiple branches due to the low alliance cap. There are other minor changes to the game, but the end goal of them is to enhance Innogames' revenue. I understand that they need to make money in order to pay for the servers, etc so that's something that one needs to accept.

DeletedUser21953

Don't know where or why you got so bitter about the game Skiboot.... you used to be a pretty cool player back in NPA on myonia but the last few months, not so much. IF you (fhir) had done your research, you would have known that the NPC has 99mil in the cave and that alone is a good strategic move aside from the fact that you bring your entire team to work towards a common goal which doesn't happen all that often in this game since people want their precious little cities.

99 mil drained the caves of 3 of your WW cities do having intel on 50+ cities is hardly a poor decision as far as fighting an NPC. Anyone that has played wargames semi seriously will tell you that intel is by far the best weapon when it comes to war.

As for the world, I think it has been a pretty exciting world. Everyone has red flags around them and the only ones really complaining are the Fhir team. If anyone wanted a fight, they had one on their doorsteps except fhir who had one yet did nothing about it. Maybe the leader was too busy flirting with the male members? /giggle

DeletedUser

riot, I'm not sure the Black Dawn you fought is the same as the Black Dawn i was in. They defend well, absolutely no doubt about it, but they can't attack at all. The good BD players are all not near Clocks area to put out a good fight. After sparkiedan moved to another ocean, basically on the offensive end, it's me vs Clocks. During my 2 months there, I tried to get multiple Op going but a few things happen.

1. Multiple weak attacks against a stacked city i specifically told them to avoid.
2. People saying "COUNT ME IN" 2 to 3 days after the start of Op, and never helped.
3. People saying they will help, ended up never helping.

I still took many Clocks city and handed them off to BD players, a decision i regretted because none of them made it useful. All these really makes me doubt what you mean by good fight. Your good fight probably just mean trying to take their city, and not how hard they tried to take your city, because they have never done that. One sided fight is no fight at all.

skiboot

Phrourach
Both grepointel and grepostats show Skiboot only active in EN54 and EN80, not EN77 (Nysa). Some players who have different ingame names will put their game name in their sig line ... I don't know who you are and which alliance you're in here in Nysa.

I haven't found that the game's changed much in the years that I've played. The main difference is the increased number of premades and the refinement of tactics that they use to get crowns. In Nysa, premades formed multiple branches due to the low alliance cap. There are other minor changes to the game, but the end goal of them is to enhance Innogames' revenue. I understand that they need to make money in order to pay for the servers, etc so that's something that one needs to accept.

My ingame here is AlfieNoakes.

I think the game has changed a lot from when I first started. It used to be that the good and active players frowned upon those that ganged together in multiple branches and mass pacts. It was seen as something that poorer players did as a "safety in numbers" type tactic. Now it seems to be normal for the good, active and premium users to adopt the same tactics, which results in a lot of "no contest" servers. I think this is why many are leaving the game.

Inno made money before all of these extra gold harvesting options were introduced and the game was extremely popular. There is a point where greed takes over and I think we are very close to that tipping point. Inno are definitely losing players, you only have to look at the numbers on the open servers to see it. The game is very near to "pay to win" now as far as I'm concerned. If you go too far with this type of thing then you lose your market and I fear that is exactly what's happening.

Don't know where or why you got so bitter about the game Skiboot.... you used to be a pretty cool player back in NPA on myonia but the last few months, not so much. IF you (fhir) had done your research, you would have known that the NPC has 99mil in the cave and that alone is a good strategic move aside from the fact that you bring your entire team to work towards a common goal which doesn't happen all that often in this game since people want their precious little cities.

99 mil drained the caves of 3 of your WW cities do having intel on 50+ cities is hardly a poor decision as far as fighting an NPC. Anyone that has played wargames semi seriously will tell you that intel is by far the best weapon when it comes to war.

As for the world, I think it has been a pretty exciting world. Everyone has red flags around them and the only ones really complaining are the Fhir team. If anyone wanted a fight, they had one on their doorsteps except fhir who had one yet did nothing about it. Maybe the leader was too busy flirting with the male members? /giggle

NPA was a great alliance until the leaders all ghosted and left the players to their own devices - thanks for that Sponge.

It must have taken a huge effort of commitment to get all your players to buy into an attack on a big old stack of NPC troops that don't defend - top work on that one. As for you securing all that cave silver for spying our ww. How many of our wonders has that amazingly smart strategic move resulted in you taking exactly?

We did our research, we knew what the rewards were. We just decided that this game should be about fighting other players and we would rather use our troops in that way.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22940

I completely agree with you Ski.
Good example of how the game has changed. Spend a ton of troops against a city that doesnt actively defend, only pre-stack, and get a ton of silver. Sure, there are benefits. People can do that because there is no skill involved in attacking. On the other hand, roughly 500K DPB was given attacking Kat the other day and not a single city was taken. Even a city deep in the Knight's core, with a pretty view on their WW island.....Attacks came from the #1 aliance and their top players. Shows the level of skill in attacking that has consumed this game.

Also shows the known advantage to the defender, but I don't feel like beating that dead horse at the moment....

DeletedUser32029

Our ability to even attack now in middle of wonders gaining us tons of bp without any preparation have made us undisputed no.1 alliance of the server.(btw you said-defender paradise, wall going to 25 in no time)
Probabbly hata needs to do some attacking and leave their turtle shell to understand this.

Hata has failed drastically

DeletedUser47952

Its not Hata who have failed but their Leader Euphraxia who is too lazy to do things the old fashioned way. Rather than plan ops and take NI's cities she would rather sit back and order others to fill her WW for her (not just her own alliance either). This is not how to lead a team. You only get out what you put in.

DeletedUser9465

Our ability to even attack now in middle of wonders gaining us tons of bp without any preparation have made us undisputed no.1 alliance of the server.(btw you said-defender paradise, wall going to 25 in no time)
Probabbly hata needs to do some attacking and leave their turtle shell to understand this.

Hata has failed drastically

You mean your ability to suicide your troops without being able to take at least one city?

Its not Hata who have failed but their Leader Euphraxia who is too lazy to do things the old fashioned way. Rather than plan ops and take NI's cities she would rather sit back and order others to fill her WW for her (not just her own alliance either). This is not how to lead a team. You only get out what you put in.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever.

DeletedUser

I would just like to say that every other alliance trying to build wonders are failing, not just Hata.

NI had the advantage from the start with the greatest amount of tightly packed territory but how they have been able to lead the race on every wonder is beyond me. If everybody knows that Ni has the edge then surely the way to combat that is to reduce the number of wonders you attempt.

Committed have the right idea but still too small to finish theirs first, NDO did too by reducing their target to just two but were involved in a backyard war so obviously that failed.
There are other big alliance who are building wonders, the rest of you could have built some by now if you lowered your target to a realistic one.

DeletedUser47952

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever.

When she sends messages to MY team telling them its ok to jump over and spell your WW so you beat NI? It cost us hugely and I told Hata we would not help. I clearly do know what i am talking about. 90% of our members are new to Grep in Nysa. I however do play in another world and we have taken down 5 WW cities. We KNOW how to play the game. Do you want me to jump over there and teach you how to do it?

DeletedUser22940

clearly you have no idea who you are speaking to
Robbyn is arguably the best player - ever
ask around

anyway, if you think you can share some knowledge, please do Moe. Please teach us!

Other than that, you and your alliance are useless. Thanks anyway.

DeletedUser

talk about the biggest group of whiney nitches I've ever seen. Hata is losing because they are not very good at the game, and whining about the game and Ni is proof that they are not as good as they think they are.

DeletedUser9465

When she sends messages to MY team telling them its ok to jump over and spell your WW so you beat NI? It cost us hugely and I told Hata we would not help. I clearly do know what i am talking about. 90% of our members are new to Grep in Nysa. I however do play in another world and we have taken down 5 WW cities. We KNOW how to play the game. Do you want me to jump over there and teach you how to do it?

This doesn't prove your previous allegation that Euphraxia is doing nothing, hence you don't have any idea what you are talking about. As a matter of fact, she and the other leaders are the biggest contributors to the building of Hata's wonders. But it's true, Hata's team can't match Ni's team commitment and determination in building these wonders. So, as far as I'm concerned Ni's team deserves to win the wonders race. They did it best on Nysa, better than Hata. Though this only proves that Ni is the best alliance in Nysa when we are talking about building the wonders. But this is the goal of the game and it was for quite a long time now... I think that was the moment when I've started to care less and less about grepo... now... I just "play" it to be with some of my old friends.

skiboot

Phrourach

Please don't blame it on Euphraxia - we contacted Vehemence players to help because we were told that they were willing to help. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Clearly he got his wired crossed.

If you allowed a player on a wonder island who had no idea of the damage that leaving the alliance would do then you shouldn't blame us. At least he was prepared to do the decent thing and try to help stop Ni, which most of the rest of this server are not bothered about.

Ni are only winning because they have multiple alliances sending for them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser47952

Does Hata not have a sister alliance then? I am sure there is a Hata.an.fhir! NI are not getting help from any others than their own sister alliances.

My point which you have agreed is NI out played hata and I only pointed out that if Hata attacked them more they would stand more of a chance to beat NI's in the "race"

I am in this game for fun not this complaining about how unfair it is that NI always win. It needs to stop. Its a game so go and play it!