Current events & WW race discussion

DeletedUser31143

But as the only 2 founders left, you and glory basically kept silence. Didn't address all the outrage and outcry by a few players, but speaking on behalf of a few others. I was the only one trying to delay, press you and glory to provide and answer, and all you did was, "I just want to fight. Once there no one left to fight, i will leave." What a great answer by irresponsible leader. It obvious you have no idea how to be a leader TBH.

Thank you for the constructive criticism of my leadership abilities. I should never have taken that vacation with my daughter, nor had a family move at the same time. Completely irresponsible of me as one of the leaders.

Of course you've been clear that you never believed that I had things going on in RL, in spite of me posting that information on the internals for a couple of months prior.
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?52454-Sink-or-Swim&p=902022#post902022

So in a nutshell, I'm 1) completely delusional, 2) a mediocre player, and 3) the worst leader ever to play Grepolis. Your feedback is valuable and very much appreciated. All the best to you.

(snip)...This is the cheesiest line in the history of Grepo, but this is just a game. ....(snip)

Edited your post, leaving the pertinent portion for me. + repped. I'm going to go unpack a few boxes left from the move.

DeletedUser46762

Really now?

Loyalty is something that is very important to me and it works in different ways - not only loyalty to leaders but also to players.

Viv had chased off more than half a dozen decent people (lurksalot, donster, joshpheus, simon, bernadus) who went to LoL and Agamemnon42+others (who went to MG) after getting fed up with her prima donna attitude. And others were talking to me about leaving Acid Reign because of her.

So I had two choices: maintain my loyalty to a leader who was throwing tantrums weekly and talking down to players, refusing to listen to advice about her attitude, and watch as more players left.

Or I could maintain my loyalty to the players and rescue them from a tyrant. Obviously I chose the latter.

I've learned my lesson and will be very careful who I choose to play under in the future. Negative actions of a leader can be very damaging to an alliance.

Oh please Zarun, how foolish. As your good friend guardian said, "you have to make things up about Viv, to get players to leave the alliance". Tantrums I may have had at times, but I never ever said I love you and want to be with you forever. Now that is a disturbing thought. And you still got rimmed, so much for loyalty. And 5 players isn't half a dozen, it's 5!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46605

Alright this has gone far enough. I don't normally get into external forums, but the 'Viv bashing' has gone too far. I feel compelled to respond here Zarun.
We all know (thanks to the mass mailing of your dramas in Hata) that you had fallen for Karen's charms. You began to lose it when it was clear Viv and I (as original founders) were going to ally with NI and not Karens crew. Viv's 'tantrums' were nothing more than trying to rein you in when you started to rebel against that decision. Tension and drama in council developed from there. Chasing players off? When council is at odds in such a way is it any wonder some of them left? Josh, Donster and Simon were council members, the others you mentioned were their mates from TM who merged into AR earlier and simply went with them when the disunity YOU cretaed made the game unpleasant for them. Can't blame Viv for that. As for the rest of the alliance members feeling like Viv was a tyrant.... There were perhaps two or three MM's which caused some drama, and you leapt at the chance to get in their ears and spread the discord you needed in order to pull off the ensuing coup! A united and LOYAL council could EASILY have overcome such dramas. It's only fair to let those who followed you know that you were yourself a part of the decisions that led to the MM's in question being sent.
In addition, it has to be said that yes, in council, leaders sometimes have a whinge about their members doing silly things. Its council talk, and not meant to be public. Zarun, you and Guardian, Simon etc all did it too. Blaming Viv for it, as Viv pointed out above, is a deception.
The fact that you are STILL going on with it is beyond ridiculous and entirely unfair. Even if you disagreed with some actions does not mean you need to publicly throw mud at Viv. It isn't Viv that hurt you mate...

DeletedUser38168

Never thought I'd ever say this, but you are right Phil
We should have taken out MG back in the early days. Oh well, you live you learn.
Congrats on the WW win.

i think i am going to frame this not even my own team tell me this

DeletedUser38168

oh and one other thing alot of ppl will have alot of bad things to say about me im sure more will have good things to say but my loyalty will never be in question by anyone because i have never betrayed anyone on this game i may made some tough choices that ppl didnt like but that part of leadership and i would do it again if needs be

amen to that mate

Beer Wench

Phrourach
Never thought I'd ever} say this, but you are right Phil
We should have taken out MG back in the early days. Oh well, you live you learn.
Congrats on the WW win.
=philvgr81;911380]i think i am going to frame this not even my own team tell me this

can't tell you how quickly this would have ended Ni had this been said earlier, more so then any LS nuke. boom Ni gone

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thank you for the constructive criticism of my leadership abilities. I should never have taken that vacation with my daughter, nor had a family move at the same time. Completely irresponsible of me as one of the leaders.

Of course you've been clear that you never believed that I had things going on in RL, in spite of me posting that information on the internals for a couple of months prior.
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?52454-Sink-or-Swim&p=902022#post902022

So in a nutshell, I'm 1) completely delusional, 2) a mediocre player, and 3) the worst leader ever to play Grepolis. Your feedback is valuable and very much appreciated. All the best to you.

No one ever mentioned you should not take that vacation, nor you have to move. I never ever even doubt that you really need to take VM due to RL. You said i like to cook up with stories, now you are the one stuffing words in my mouth. I understood the VM part, i took lots of VM myself too. But yea, i did say you aren't a competent leader.

And i was loyal to Clocks, until it's really obvious that glory disregard what his members feel and will jump to NIs when WW comes. He never said it explicitly, but every move he made points to that direction. Some believed me, some didn't. Those who didn't accuse me making up stories to try to break Clocks up. Yes, i was trying to break Clocks so that glory doesn't get what he's planning.

But to those who say I'm making up stories, look where glory is right now?

DeletedUser21953

Why is Glory jumping to NI for WW an issue... it was agreed when the pact was done at the beginning of the world that any Clocks player that wanted a crown would be welcomed as long as they participated and were loyal... something that obviously was an issue for you.

DeletedUser38168

No one ever mentioned you should not take that vacation, nor you have to move. I never ever even doubt that you really need to take VM due to RL. You said i like to cook up with stories, now you are the one stuffing words in my mouth. I understood the VM part, i took lots of VM myself too. But yea, i did say you aren't a competent leader.

And i was loyal to Clocks, until it's really obvious that glory disregard what his members feel and will jump to NIs when WW comes. He never said it explicitly, but every move he made points to that direction. Some believed me, some didn't. Those who didn't accuse me making up stories to try to break Clocks up. Yes, i was trying to break Clocks so that glory doesn't get what he's planning.

havnt u worked out no one cares what u think go crawl bk into what ever hole u live and leave the real player to get on with the game

DeletedUser38168

havnt u worked out no one cares what u think go crawl bk into what ever hole u live and leave the real player to get on with the game

Stirlo

Phrourach
Thats all folks. To all i've offended over the years good luck and no hard feelings. Well done to Ni's, the same group who also won my first world, the game has changed alot and not for the better in my opinion.

Ski, best player i've never managed to recruit for the HARPOON cause since our formation in EN17

Just for reference, HARPOON is in its final world. Its been a hell of a journey and whether you were with us or against us i thank you all and appreciate all your friendships.

Stirlo

DeletedUser31143

I'll make this REAL EASY for you to understand. I seriously considered quitting Grep because of the vacation of a lifetime with my daughter (cost me around $40K) and moving. The mere task of planning and coordinating everything before I entered VM took up a large chunk of my time. And those took a much higher priority than trying to share leadership role when there were several other very competent leaders, including Glory. Had it not been for Glory Rises' leadership in the beginning of this world, Clocks would not have existed more than a month.

So feel free to criticize my ineptitude at leading, but Glory Rises did a great job of leading the alliance. And he stayed until the end (for all intents and purposes, this world ended after Artemisia's Quest). Some can say this world still has life in it, but Nis will take all 7 WWs and the world is quickly becoming a ghost town.

As for your statement that you never doubted me needing to take VM due to RL, I've already posted a forum link to one of your posts where you DID question my need to go to VM due to RL. Spin it however you like, but it's quite clear that you didn't think my VM was due to RL: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?52454-Sink-or-Swim&p=902022#post902022

He say it's RL, but i believe this might have something to do with it.

The real loss, however, isn't riot but Moravak. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21953

Glory Rises did a great job of leading the alliance. And he stayed until the end (for all intents and purposes, this world ended after Artemisia's Quest). Some can say this world still has life in it, but Nis will take all 7 WWs and the world is quickly becoming a ghost town.

It's already started mate... Karen and Alfie just ghosted ;)

skiboot

Phrourach
Thats all folks. To all i've offended over the years good luck and no hard feelings. Well done to Ni's, the same group who also won my first world, the game has changed alot and not for the better in my opinion.

Ski, best player i've never managed to recruit for the HARPOON cause since our formation in EN17

Just for reference, HARPOON is in its final world. Its been a hell of a journey and whether you were with us or against us i thank you all and appreciate all your friendships.

Stirlo

Thanks for the kind words, which are completely without merit lol

I can't say you've always been on my Christmas card list but you have always held true to a set of values that ensured that Harpoon have never joined the bandwagon of players who nowadays seem happy to join whatever team they think is most likely to deliver them a crown.

I agree with you that this game is played differently now and I lament the fact that the experience is poorer for it in my opinion.

It's with respect that I wish you all the best - as one of the old school. Maybe one day you'll get that buzz back and we'll see you again. :)

Zarun-

Strategos
I have no idea how to respond to that as neither situation has anything to do with the other lol.

DeletedUser22940

I, personally, think that it is hilarious (and pitiful) that the forums come to life at this stage in the game. I guess better late than never. New motto of Nysa..