Current Wars

DeletedUser

it was an apology genius, if youd like to become involved keep running your mouth

If that was an apology, then I suggest that you need to work on your apologies.

You had months to show me what you were about and you showed me squat.

Do me a favor and keep your threats to yourself. They don't carry much impact when delivered by someone as insignificant as you. Tough guy.

;-(

DeletedUser

updated
EDIT: I am told that some of the invictus captures on TSN were given to them, but they are still captures so i will leave them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well my two cities were given to bulldawg. But it won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

DeletedUser

New update: TW slacking a bit the past few days, losing their first few cities in the war and only picking up a few. TSN pulling ahead with their 20 Invictus conquers in the last 4 days

DeletedUser

20 conquers in 4 days? Somebody is slacking.

Invic are becoming a bit of a joke to the TSN members and their forums, thanks for the good times guys.

DeletedUser

Updates: Sorry this update was a little late, but in the last week and a half TW and TSN have conquered the exact same amount of cities from Invic-18.

DeletedUser

NOW vs. dethgar

By taking in dethgar and matthew parker, TW-S seems to have decided that they wish to be at war with NOW. In any event, since those two joined TW-S, NOW has taken eight of their cities. In addition, we've taken 10 cities from king gary (also a dethgar lackey).

By the way, the last city I took from king gary had support coming in from dethgar...after my CS landed. I know he hates spending his own biremes unless he gets BP for them, but he could AT LEAST get his timing right.

So...since dethgar joined TW-S, he and those most closely associated with him have lost at least 18 cities. In that time, they haven't taken a single city from an enemy, but they have founded at least one, maybe more.

I thought that TW-S held its membership to a higher standard than that.

DeletedUser

Dethgar knows the game well, and he has been very helpful in assisting others in tw-s. He is good to talk to. He has been fighting off 40 attacks every day on his own, and you have taken a few of his unprotected cities for which he gains 2-3 slots more from all your BP. You guys have some pretty horrible attackers from the reports I have seen as well. So sure, you help him grow and expand over toward tw-s as you take some unimportant cities there in your core. You guys bolt him every day because that is how lame you are as an alliance.

If you want to be considered anything but a joke of an alliance, why not try moving towards tw-s core and taking us on. Or continue trash talking as you fight one guy isolated in your core as he continues to defeat CS attacks every day, gains more DBP than you do ABP, and all while helping tw-s guys out with D and spells.

Your choice, either way, you aren't bothering us and we will continue to focus on our main enemy, Invictus. TSN is also attacking dethgar, and a few of our other members. So sure, fighting #1, #3 and #7 alliances, we are bound to lose cities outside our core areas. That is the name of the game. As long as no one quits the game, no one is getting rimmed... especially by you NOW guys.

DeletedUser

Nice spin.

Since we (in a previous incarnation as EOW) booted dethgar for insubordinate and insulting behavior, he has made it his mission to destroy us, attempting to organize and /or claiming to organize grand alliances whose principal purpose was to defeat EOW/NOW. Perhaps we can be forgiven for not taking kindly to anyone who takes him in. (By the way, we once had a deal with one of his previous alliances to leave him alone if he migrated out of our core. He refused. If he's moving out of my neighborhood now, I'd be happy to see him go. Indeed, any city he wants to let us take so that he can move toward your core, we're willing to take. Each of us wants to have control of our core. I'd rather be defending my frontlines than having to deal with nuisance attacks in my core. Wouldn't you?)

As for bolting as evidence of "lameness," it's a perfectly reasonable way of dealing with what we in Tribal Wars called a points whore. It also seems to be a tactic you all have adopted against us. I assume that it's not lame when you do it.

Finally, I wonder: why take dethgar in if he's not in your core and you don't care about cities that are not strategic for you? We don't have any interest in players who aren't in our neck of the woods. Again, why take in dethgar?

DeletedUser

He is moving towards us. I typically don't recruit in oceans outside core because we can't protect them, nor can they help us. A few are exceptions to that. Dethgar is moving toward us and will be helping us against Invictus. He was well aware we would not be able to offer him much help where most of his cities were, and he was fine with that so we took him on a trial basis and he has been exceeding expectations since then.

As for bolting, we do bolt back if there is a repeat offender that thinks he is cool. That would be you. TW-S brought the anti-bolting aspect way back when the game first started: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=1318&highlight=tw-shadow+bolt

Like I said, don't really care that you have issues with Dethgar, he can handle you. Keep your war going on, so he can remain #1 in DBP. :pro:

DeletedUser

Clever bolting post. Glad you're consistent.

As for being cool, my teenage children long ago disabused me of any notion that I could achieve that exalted status.

But, just so you know, I don't bow to threats.

Let me know when dethgar finally takes a city from an active Invictus player. It would, by the way, be his first conquest of an active player since the end of July, and if he accomplishes it by the end of the year, his sixth conquest of an active this year.

We'll continue to take his "unprotected" cities so we can secure our core. After that, who knows?

DeletedUser

I don't remember threatening you, never messaged you stating stop or we start. I just stated that if you bolt him, we bolt you. Bolting I thought was long gone from alpha except for the crybabies who were getting rimmed and did it as a last resort. It was funny to see dethgar stating he gets bolted, I was shocked, and said, cool, guess we get to bring back the revenge bolting for those that max out on zeus. Most fighters use zeus favor on much more useful spells, but we can probably guess you aren't much of one. Even dethgar has more ABP than you and he is fighting off attacks constantly so is almost all D, yet you call him the point whore.

Even if he takes them from me after I take them from Invictus, it is still effective against our enemies since it frees up my slots. I am not lucky enough to get loads of DBP from noobs so don't grow as fast despite attacking every day.

;) Have fun bolting. Maybe our paths will cross some day as we expand and you can stop being mages, and try the warrior path instead. You will look a lot better out of that robe and in some nice shiny armor.

DeletedUser

I received a threat from The-Iceman:

The-Iceman on 12/2/11 at 1:04 PM

For every Single Spell you drop on Dethgar, or any other member of our Alliance, we will drop 10 Spells on you in return, until you realise the futility of you actions :)

Feel free to continue insulting me. I have a thick skin, and have been called worse in situations more meaningful.

I'm comfortable with my offensive stats, which are above average, given my size (50th in offensive BP, 92nd in size). And while I harbor no illusions regarding my excellence as a player of this game, I know what I'm doing, as do many of my alliance-mates.

I'll be around for the endgame, and I have no doubt you will be too.

DeletedUser

Well looks like you get to be our lifetime "boltee" - I agree, no threats are needed, you can have fun rebuilding random buildings; oh, the joys of grepolis.

Insults are fun, if I knew you better, I could probably be a bit more original, but can only go off what I have.

I am hoping all of tw-s are around until we no longer enjoy the game. I hate "end games" and I wouldn't be playing grep if it ever started with one. A lot of work to just get reset is no fun.

Adios

DeletedUser

My experience in other games (and what I meant by "endgame") is that there will at some point be two alliances left standing, and one will have the upper hand. I'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper.

As for the bolts, they have a purpose in the game, especially when conquest is in the offing. They can also be used to demoralize or dissuade, and/or to make a player spend resources on something other than troops or festivals.

I'm sure you know that, so you know why we're bolting dethgar.

DeletedUser

Dethgar knows the game well, and he has been very helpful in isting others in tw-s. He is good to talk to. He has been fighting off 40 attacks every day on his own, and you have taken a few of his unprotected cities for which he gains 2-3 slots more from all your BP. You guys have some pretty horrible attackers from the reports I have seen as well. So sure, you help him grow and expand over toward tw-s as you take some unimportant cities there in your core. You guys bolt him every day because that is how lame you are as an alliance.

Hi Essex, you always struck me as clever guy, so maybe you could help educate me on a few things contained in your quote above,

Dethgar knows the game well
What do you consider that to be? Farming? Taking abandoned or inactive cities? Founding city after city on nice anchors? Is that knowing the game well? If so why don't you do it?

He is good to talk to
Really? Thats a major plus alright and he is all talk so I can see that one.

you have taken a few of his unprotected cities for which he gains 2-3 slots more from all your BP
What is an unprotected city Essex?
I have to get approx 170 CP to get a city slot these days, yet Dethknob who has more cities than I do gets 2-3 slots according to you from losing a city that wasn't protected. Thats a good trick wouldn't you agree? 3-5 hundred CP thats alot of dead soldiers. can you imagine what he'd get for a protected city?

As for these wonderful BP statistics..
You most likely got most of your DBP from occupying an enemies city that he tried to save. What I like to call an aggressive DBP.
Dethgirl has never gotten one of these. Instead he talks the likes of you into stacking his cities that are under attack and mops up the BP on the back of your dead briemes and swords. If that doesn't work, he has other ways of stacking a city,,,,,,, but best not get into that.
It also helps with his OBP but if you want me to explain that further I will have to do it by PM for fear of slandering the great farmer.

You guys bolt him every day because that is how lame you are as an alliance
I'm afraid you lost any right to call any alliance lame the day you sold out and recruited the great Dethgar. Whats the criteria for entering your alliance these days Essex? Lots of cities, even if half of them were anchors? Yeah your not a bit lame are you?

;-(

DeletedUser

He kills lots of your CS attacks, takes in more DBP than you guys ever gain in ABP, he's active, he knows how to time things in, knows what units are D and what are O. It isn't that complicated a game tbh, but there are still plenty who have no idea the basics. Defense is always easiest way to gain BP as you have advantages. Being a builder is the fastest way to grow with city festivals. Attacking is least rewarding growth-wise, but needed to dwindle certain enemies. And everyone finds something they like in the game, some sim-city, some defend, some attack, to each his own.

He defends all his cities the best he can, when one runs out of D, it is then unprotected, and if you catch him offline, sure you can sneak a CS in. I have yet to see you get a CS in while he's been online. Hes gained like 360k BP since he joined tw-s while we can only offer him support to some of his vital cities, and no nearby support. That is doing pretty well imo.

As for my stats, I get almost no DBP from sieges... sadly. When you time in support, most aren't gullible enough to try and attack sieges.

You can say all you want about him, so far you have been wrong, you and all the dethgar hate club. You should meet once a week to vent your frustrations of beating your head against a wall trying to take him down a notch when he is just laughing at you.

and recruited the great Dethgar.
Yes, he has been great. Thanks for agreeing.

We recruit members that will help alliance and do their part. He has been.

DeletedUser

Your posts defending 'The great Dethgar' are full of contradictions. But I guess some things are harder to spin than others. Your more than welcome to him.

I don't see that I have been wrong about anything I have ever said about him.

As for him laughing at me? I'm sure he finds losing cities to me very funny. For the record that score stands at seven zero to me. Hilarious.

Looks like he may finally have found a suitable home. After the 37th time of asking. But I'm sure you know better than the multiple others that have parted ways with The Great Man

Ironic he helps form an alliance to fight you, then joins you a few days later.
Yeah, you really lucked out there. Keep up the good work

;-(

DeletedUser

Most of his alliances were his own created ones... but hey, he couldn't find a good match, but tw-s is for him.

He has a home, I know you and others tried to get me to kick him when he first joined, but he has proved himself and isn't anything like what you tried to say he was. Sure, I could be wrong someday and regret the decision, can't really know anyone in game. Our allies have turned on us, enemies try to befriend us, players give out intel. Lots of deceitful players in the game, but only time will tell.

So sure, your stats will always be purrty when you greatly outnumber him in your core ocean. It would be really sad if you couldn't even maintain good stats. If you ever manage to recruit a NOW player in our core, we will show you how it is done. But like I said, you will probably never be our main enemy, not close enough and we already have a couple others nearby.

So go back to being a bad diplomat along with all your other leaders. You have been marked enemies all along since our reform because of your empty threats and annoying diplomacy, but I never see any NOW near me unfortunately so can't take any of your towns.