Customs and Courtesies

DeletedUser

I've noticed that the things players would do to make the game more civilized in previous worlds aren't being done in this one. Ex: sending a message along with the alliance invite; asking the point leader of an island if you can conquer on that island; simply messaging your neighbors and making the game more fun.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this only on this world, or has it been dead for a while? I'm mainly posting this because the forum is kinda dead and its only like a month in.

DeletedUser50502

I've noticed that the things players would do to make the game more civilized in previous worlds aren't being done in this one. Ex: sending a message along with the alliance invite; asking the point leader of an island if you can conquer on that island; simply messaging your neighbors and making the game more fun.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this only on this world, or has it been dead for a while? I'm mainly posting this because the forum is kinda dead and its only like a month in.

Even in the good ol' days people didn't send messages with invites sometimes, now it is just more common

DeletedUser50502

Just got -rep that said "you're calling him a liar for a month? Idiot!" First of all, I didn't call him a liar I was just correcting him, which you'd have known if you could read.
Thanks -Japhyb

DeletedUser

I havent played in months but no matter when I created an alliance I had always sent messages to accompany the invite. I have found that it is way more effective than just sending mass invites.

DeletedUser

Asking a point leader of an island IF you can conquer on the island?

This is a war game. Anyone whom messages another asking for permission to conquer shouldn't be playing Grepolis.

DeletedUser46395

This is a war game. Anyone whom messages another asking for permission to conquer shouldn't be playing Grepolis.

this is joke.. I preferred simply conquer point leader of an island :)

Have to say I agree with these two. Never heard of that custom, and I've been playing a while - sounds completely ridiculous to me.

Personally, I wouldn't send an invite without having some good idea of who I was inviting, which means talking to them first if I don't know them, and talking to them first if I do. ;)
And talking to other players is what makes this game fun, and how friendships are made.

DeletedUser

You're right, asking was the wrong word. I never asked permission. More like informing them "hey my cs is in that city right now and we're gonna be neighbors."

DeletedUser5819

Sending message with an invite is simply the act of a non-noob who wants to invite other non-noobs. You can work out the reverse.

idk about the rest. Asking permission to conquer onto another island seems like a lose:lose, but I guess it could turn out good if you're lucky.