Cutting people out.

DeletedUser

How do you cut graphics out like link in my sig? preferably using pixlr.

Thanks, Fin =D

DeletedUser4013

If it was made using GIMP or Photoshop you could just 'hide' the layer. I'm not familiar with pixlr to know whether you could do it or not

DeletedUser

I will try using gimp to do that then adding it to pixlr. Where is that option in gimp?

DeletedUser4013

I've never used GIMP, I only know that it's similar to Photoshop from talking to Carf about the differences in our techniques.

DeletedUser

IF you want to separate the layers, then you will need the original file. The one in your sig has been "flattened."

DeletedUser340

Yea trust , With gimp you always have to flatten at the end o_O

So there is no way of undoing it unless you own the original o_O

DeletedUser4013

That's why I never flatten or merge my images when i finalize them in Photoshop, even though I own the original

DeletedUser

God this is confusing. In finally made one...kinda.

BowserKoopa.jpg

What do you think of it?

I couldn't figure out how to scale down a layer or stop bowser from being transparent.

DeletedUser

Darn that's quite good, if it was a bit smoother... :p

My first sig was tons worst; I got an image of jet kirby, pasted it into this blue background and it came up all... weird as though it had veins xD

Absolute fail attempt by me T_T

DeletedUser4013

God this is confusing. In finally made one...kinda.

BowserKoopa.jpg

What do you think of it?

I couldn't figure out how to scale down a layer or stop bowser from being transparent.

Not bad. If you want to scale a layer you need to do what's called a 'transformation'. Not sure what GIMP/Paint.net call it. Though one thing you have to look out for it damaging the pixels when you do that.

To make Bowser less transparent, just adjust the opacity levels for that layer. they should be at 100% to make him appear solid.

DeletedUser

Not bad. If you want to scale a layer you need to do what's called a 'transformation'. Not sure what GIMP/Paint.net call it. Though one thing you have to look out for it damaging the pixels when you do that.

Opacitiy levels are in the layers box.

Scaling the layer is just on layer--->scale layer.

Anmolr

Phrourach
First you merge down all the other images. Then you add the one which you want to look cut out [like the link in ur sig], and then you can add effects to it.