Cycling

DeletedUser17045

So, does anyone follow the pro cycling scene like myself? The Tour de France is currently happening and they're at stage 15 at this point in time.

Anyone got any predictions of possible winners?

Curious to know if anyone else follows cycling :p

DeletedUser

Yes!!

This stage was amazing.

I really dislike Contador, And Im hoping he loses the Tour, today he was attacking and I thought his attacks were going to be neutralized.
Then to my surprise he manage to break off from the Shlecks.
My favorite riders are Vinokurouv and Andreas Klöden, as none are in the competition due to injuries, I am hoping for the shlecks to get the Tour, but after today I think Cadel Evans will win, he kept up with contador and is ahead of him, plus he is the best in the time trial. Which is a shame, I dont like Evans much.

Today`s stage was awesome, it feels good to see the leader up there leading all the chases, out of pure pride Thomas Voeckler has managed to be up in front, speeding after anyone who tries to break away.
And even The Marksman clad in green arrived close to the front group, showing off his green power.

Also, Thor has been amazing, I think he is at the peak of his career, that thing he did some stages ago where he broke away and won the stage. And then again today, he is not just the sprinter who awaits till the end to kill, he is puting up real wars.

Who do you think will win the tour?

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm following the tour as well, I think we will have a good idea who the winner will be after the next two stages I'm hoping it's Cadel but that's because it would be nice to see an Auzzie win.

Does anyone know much about what happened with Lance Armstrong's US Senate appearance regarding drugs in sport?

DeletedUser

so you support evans?

he is a good rider, but i dont quite like his style, i feel he does not show a good warring spirit, he just waits for the precise moment to attack. Only giving what is necessary to remain there, but no more.
I prefer riders like vinokurouv that always attack and attack and then yet again another attack.

Nope, havent followed lance for a while

DeletedUser13936

I kind off dabble in cycling and the tour de france. ^_^

DeletedUser

Yeah last stage today and it's a precession into Paris for Cadel and most people but will Cavendish go on to win the Green jersey that is the remaining question;) I think it's going to be a yes :D

DeletedUser

oh well, Evans won, he did deserve it, brilliant Time trial, Its a shame Andy lacks the TT skills, I would have loved to see him win.
Looks like Marksman is still the best sprinter

DeletedUser17045

Sorry for the laggy reply.

Yes, the last 4 stages were extroardinary! Especially the Time Trial. Cadel Evans kicked some serious butt! Cadel did deserve this years title. He had to do all the hard work on some of the final mountain stages and its great that he never gave up. I think the Schleck brothers knew deep down that Cadel was going to get them in the time trial. And for Cadel to be only 7seconds off Tony Martin's time trial was just something amazing.

Anyway, there are already rumours that Cadel is aiming for Gold at the Olympics and that the experts are saying that if Cadel was still hungry for it, he could go back to back for next years Tour De France.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

I follow it, I just don't care whos cycleing, I just like watching it. I only know the name of people who win :p anyways, I just went for a 40 mile ride yesterday, I slept from 7 to 7 this morning.

DeletedUser

Well, Evans proved to be a very solid rider, but I do not like his attitude nor his style, In my opinion his style demerits cycling, look at Evens he always gives only that which is necessary to win, he does not take risks, I dont like that.

Look at Andy, Climbing alone the Galibier, going solo on the Alp d Huez, attacking and attacking, look at contador, attacking Andy, Samuel Sanchez also attacking, Evans just stuck to them and then ate them in the Ind Time trial.
Sure he had the best strategy - it won him the tour.
But I don´t like it, I prefer combative riders, They didn´t Call Eddie Merckx "the cannibal" because he was cautious, cunning and planning, no, he was known as the cannibal because he attacked, and attacked and attacked again, up a hill, down a hill, in a countryside, in the rain. That is the true spirit of cycling.
And its what Andy showed on the tour, and even Contador (who I dislike) showed warring spirit.