D.N. VS the world

DeletedUser

we are finding the same results - when a small and weak alliance like THE TWENTY is taking city after city of theirs - you know that the "chickens have flown the coop"

City after city? You must mean the ones your taking back from your pet.

DeletedUser

Taking clive's comment further, when a top 3 alliance resorts to taking inactives exclusively, it's their way of displaying what a glass tiger they are....cough cough I wonder why The Enlightened haven't attacked any live players. One of your aces Demonot's city is already under siege, after I took 2 firinue cities smoothly, and your reply is to get our inactives? so much for an alliance that's supposed to have strength :p

As for black watch, you can probably only brag about yourselves after taking cities off an alliance with only 20 members when you have double the member count. I can never recall seeing an attack from BW even though I'm on the frontline, all I remember was BW getting their back end handed to them by jomango

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

While taking of inactive people can be a strategic move... Sitting there and turtling after you do is laughable. Props to Firinue for at least trying stuff. The rest need to go play sim city.

DeletedUser

Lets see.
Mrs.Sativa,
BW hasn't given up. Though a number of our members have quit. No, a lot of members have quit. Wars and in-actives don't mix well.
Its unfortunate that when things get difficult we find out what kind of players our members are, rather than beforehand.

theracerct,
I don't recall ever seeing a -Black Watch- member brag on the forums about taking any city. Even when taking poor little clive's cities. Maybe we should. Whats the point difference between DN and TE? 10million? They have 52 members, you have 76? I see you bragging of taking their cities. I don't understand your point?

Jomango,
Have fun with those turtles. Let me see if I can find an old copy of sim city so I can alt-tab between simming sessions.

DeletedUser

BW and TT both occupy part of 44 and 43,
DN has 76 members yes, but how many do you think occupy the frontline on 44/45? just a handful, so it's not 76 vs 52 unfortunately to your dismay, it's more like 10 vs 52 while other parts of DN are fighting with more enemies.

That is my point, that TE, having only DN as their major enemy, can't even deal with a frontline with 10 active players.

Now that I pointed that out, BW sounds about the same, only with TT on the other front. Wow 2 enemies for a 41 member alliance, you must feel proud.

DeletedUser

*shrug* spin it however you like to make yourself feel bigger.

For the record, I am proud of our alliance and what we've been able to accomplish.

DeletedUser

Since when was I making DN look bigger? you guys are just too scared to accept the facts.

and as for what you've been able to accomplish......what have you accomplished apart from giving us free cities in O45?

DeletedUser

i thought i "spun it" to make us look smaller...we are an org with about ten active players - taking cities right under your noses

DeletedUser

lets see some screen shots to make things alittle bit more interesting.

I have tried to do them and just cant figure it out but it is always fun seeing others screen shots ;)

DeletedUser

*shrug* spin it however you like to make yourself feel bigger.

For the record, I am proud of our alliance and what we've been able to accomplish.

I'll bite. Just what have you accomplished.

DeletedUser

Since when was I making DN look bigger? you guys are just too scared to accept the facts.

and as for what you've been able to accomplish......what have you accomplished apart from giving us free cities in O45?
Scared to accept what facts? That we're being beaten? I admit that. I'll also point out that this world has a long way to go. I'll also point out that you have a lot of cities left to take. DN is obviously top of the game. Hope your members don't start going inactive. What happened to WoE? Weren't you a part of them? Wasn't it put forth by Derek that the reason you "lost" was due to inactives? So isn't that why you, theracerct are a part of DN now?

i thought i "spun it" to make us look smaller...we are an org with about ten active players - taking cities right under your noses
And how many actives have you noticed us having? All 39? And of our so called active members, how many actively participate? You know all this. You've been through this yourself a few times now. The Twenty. I guess it should be the Ten now? Yet here you are bragging on how your little alliance is taking city after city from us. As if we're some mighty juggernaut.

Its ok. Bragging rights go to the winners.

I'll bite. Just what have you accomplished.
By asking, you must feel I should be ashamed of something or are trying to suggest that I should be. I'm proud of what we accomplished. Not what we're currently seeing. What did we accomplish? Maybe nothing that can be verified by grepostats. Sure we can look at points and rankings. I'm proud we did as well as we have in that regard. So we're not #1. I shouldn't be proud? For a time we had a good group, that developed into a well working team. I'm proud of that, and proud that I got to be as involved as I was.
I'm proud of what some of our members have accomplished, and times I've helped and been helped.
I could dwell on the negatives, but I'd rather focus on the positives. You could wipe us entirely from the world and I'd still be proud.

DeletedUser

Don't change the subject this is DN vs the world not reminiscing WoE. and what do you know about WoE anyway? from may to july I arguably did more work than anyone else within WoE, diplomacy wise and forum wise. DN and WoE were pretty much the same alliance anyway, I had my reasons to want a change, it was just unfortunate that some took my change to DN as I lost hope in WoE. the ex-WoE's battling MBWS obviously marks that theory wrong as the same members are stronger than ever, just under a different banner.

DeletedUser

Regarding DN Vs The World.

Not exactly the world when DN has pacted with alliances that are fighting against the same enemies as themselves. It used to be DN Vs the world but it hasn't been that way for awhile and continuing along this line is misleading and very erroneous. DN is not alone, they are pacted with DieHards 1, Diehards 2, Diehards 3, Border Mauraders, Border Academy, Twenty and maybe one or two others. So DN Vs The World? Maybe not so much......More like Coalition Vs Coalition or simply alliances Vs alliances.

About WoE and DN being "pretty much the same alliance anyway" - Nice thought but not strictly true. I've seen messages between leaders of DN and WoE and the messages certainly don't pertain to the same view you expressed Racer. DN did not seem to view WoE as equals.

I think DePablo was inferring that DN will, like all other the alliances before it, go through the same rise and fall as others. Arguing it's brilliance is like trying to catch a snowflake - you will end up ruining what you are trying to catch.

If a player thinks that their alliance is brilliant and amazing than that's a good thing. But telling others that your alliance is brilliant is futile. This is simply because all alliances fail and those smarter grepolis players know this and therefore find it odd and ever so slightly humorous that others don't.

The Mad Tea Party was an alliance was founder by the late Thorlen (RIP) and the undeniably unique Warchimedes. Once they left - the alliance changed. If Derek left WoE - It would have vanished. The Twenty - Is Clive Straddle's alliance. Diehards (and their little add-ons) are the Wolf Leader family. DN is basically Jomango, Helly and Laz and maybe one or two others That's not alot of players and if any of those players quit - DN will change and it wont be the same animal it is now. So having strong members is great.....however no alliance in the history of Grep has kept it's strong members and stayed the same....in the end - all alliances fade. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

About WoE and DN being "pretty much the same alliance anyway" - Nice thought but not strictly true. I've seen messages between leaders of DN and WoE and the messages certainly don't pertain to the same view you expressed Racer. DN did not seem to view WoE as equals.

This comment just makes me think of what would happen if schwarzenegger and jean claude van-damme decided to have a discussion on who would take the lead role in a film they were offered to star in...

But yes dalmasio you are absolutely right, cars break down, buildings eventually collapse, people get old and wrinkly, why even bother building them in the first place or living? Your attitude makes much more sense.

But what exactly are you trying to say, the enlightened relies on 1 or 2 players and you think if you quit the whole alliance will fall? If that is what you mean just say so lol, why bring DN into the example you are clearly talking about your own alliance.

DeletedUser

gosh now u reply to dalmasio... u gave him the work to write another 2000 words.. nice thinkin may be this way he will have something to do, rather than celebrating city festivals..

DeletedUser

constant "re-invention" of an alliance is part of the game - you can't just change your name and expect "revitalization".

The Border Marauders has constantly changed paths and directions - at one time we were at war with five separate alliances and everyone thought we would be history. We changed our diplomacy style to a more favorable one and this allowed us to take one an "elite" stance.

This will change as well - I tell everyone that we pact with - eventually the pact will be broken for that is the way of this game. There is only ONE winner and I plan on it being us. Our chances are good - not great but we will continue to top the charts in attack points - number five when ranked number twelve in size.

The best alliances are the ones that change their battle plans and tactics - of course this is molded by the strategists - who keep in mind THE BIG PICTURE and remain pro-active instead of reactive.

I predicted this drop off about four weeks before it happened - we trimmed our ranks - built up our major players and gave them targets to keep them interested in this WAR game.

Others refuse to admit that they have soooooo much fat in their organizations and wish to continue to show high point values of their alliance but it is naught by hot air that is maintaining them. If every alliance cut their deadwood out - I would estimate that seventy percent of the cities would be "non-aligned.

Keeping them on the active roll for an extended time - makes one look weak and the best players will just "nibble" at them until they realize it is dead corpse they are chewing on and soon you will scramble to pick off these cites before the enemy does.

DeletedUser

If every alliance cut their deadwood out - I would estimate that seventy percent of the cities would be "non-aligned.

Very true indeed.

Except if everyone did that I wouldn't be able to keep running my festivals in peace :)

DeletedUser

Nat5 yet another inactive from DN, my question is: will DN die of boredom?

DeletedUser4577

If we do then thats got to say something since DN is facing a number of other alliances. :D