(D) Will there ever be a solo player to win a world!!!

DeletedUser

Three words: "Lots of gold and time required."

I'm betting its possible,.... if you have enough Grepolian cash and the computer time to get on top and STAY on top... you could do it.

But as I said... you'll need gold... and time.

Probably an unrealistic amount of both... you won't do it by logging on once a day.... or by only spending gold on a Merchant & Sea Captain.

DeletedUser345

Its is possible but totally implausible. If you think about the amount of resources that is required to build 1 wonder let alone 7... would require a huge amount of time, myriad farms and weak opposition. Not to mention the culture involved in conquering loads of cities.

DeletedUser5554

Without a team you wouldn't make it far. Its impossible to withstand all the attacks you would receive over time. That's if you survived at all. Typically if you're solo by the time you have about two or three cities in the core you should make plans to join an alliance or go down fighting. If someone notices that you're a free agent and are trying to ride solo they'll just use you for coordinated conquest practice. The amount of gold you would need to pump in would be ridiculous and you would find yourself needing to be loaded with cash in order to win. You would also need to be practically retired from working life, have no family or social commitments, and most likely sacrifice your personal health due to inability to leave the computer to work out and lack of sleep from fending off attackers.

So in reality you can't win the world yourself. I don't like being a downer but Grepolis is a huge team oriented game. And even if you some how pulled it off you would look back at your bills, lack of a life, and seriously suffering health and ask yourself if it was worth it anyways. Which its not, anyone who puts a game over their health has an issue.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
It could be possible in the small worlds you see these days. A world with a low alliance limit.

You would have you travel out to the rim with a chain of cities far apart and put all you defense in those.

80 cities out on the rim can build world wonders without too much trouble but it would require that all the other alliances had stopped each other from completing the same wonders as you because it would take a lot of time ... and you wouldn't get a lot of sleep for a year or so.

DeletedUser

Hey Someone Inveted the Internet. Im going to make an attempt at it
Its is possible but totally implausible. If you think about the amount of resources that is required to build 1 wonder let alone 7... would require a huge amount of time, myriad farms and weak opposition. Not to mention the culture involved in conquering loads of cities.

DeletedUser

Without a team you wouldn't make it far. Its impossible to withstand all the attacks you would receive over time. That's if you survived at all. Typically if you're solo by the time you have about two or three cities in the core you should make plans to join an alliance or go down fighting. If someone notices that you're a free agent and are trying to ride solo they'll just use you for coordinated conquest practice. The amount of gold you would need to pump in would be ridiculous and you would find yourself needing to be loaded with cash in order to win. You would also need to be practically retired from working life, have no family or social commitments, and most likely sacrifice your personal health due to inability to leave the computer to work out and lack of sleep from fending off attackers.

So in reality you can't win the world yourself. I don't like being a downer but Grepolis is a huge team oriented game. And even if you some how pulled it off you would look back at your bills, lack of a life, and seriously suffering health and ask yourself if it was worth it anyways. Which its not, anyone who puts a game over their health has an issue.

My Name is Napoleon and you have just doubted a great :Angry:. I will Smite every player (SW) will come out of bp with 3 cs and conquest and enough cp to rake 4 cities...

DeletedUser11886

Imagine spending 1,000,000 dollars to buy gold. You could simply use gold to half your time for every single building, until it reaches 1 second and build a whole city to max within the first few minutes. Or you could just buy Grepolis as a whole.

DeletedUser345

Imagine spending 1,000,000 dollars to buy gold. You could simply use gold to half your time for every single building, until it reaches 1 second and build a whole city to max within the first few minutes. Or you could just buy Grepolis as a whole.

Resources would stop you, would have been possible with the old Phoenican merchant but now it's not.

DeletedUser11886

No, I meant in the beginning of the world. You can accept the quests, and gain all of that. ._.

DeletedUser

On calydon a guy has got to no.12 I think solo in an alliance hans solo

DeletedUser

I thought about doing just that.... then kicking all you ingrates out...

Then all those islands would be mine!

Mine! MINE!! MINE!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

would you spend that money?? though... and ud have to level all your mines first

DeletedUser

No, wave has stated multiple times that if Forum Senators happen, he will not apply to be one. So please stop posting things which aren't true.

He lied.

lol I'm suggesting that players group together if they have a complaint and represent themselves, instead of singularly ranting once in a while...

Whether it is through a petition, signature protest, boycott, or formal letter, they must sit down and talk through their issues with their fellow players.

Bye Bye chances of me ever becoming a mod :D

Quote above is an indication he dreamt to be one. And he's always been, that is the reason why he suggested Forum Senator coz his applications for Mod has been denied over and over.

DeletedUser

If anyone ever soloed a world, I would ask for their mailing address and send them a thousand-dollar check the next day with a cookie just for being so awesome.